Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Post by LotusBlossom »

ODB wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:Boy Spidey, quite the charmer.... :oops:
Spidey? That was me! I didn't say it to be rude. I wasn't trying to be charming or rude. I've seen LB's picture and she didn't look like the person driving. I was just explaining why I jumped to the conclusion that I thought she was the passenger. Stop trying to make me look like the man in the black hat POT! Image

Kidding of course....

Sorry to hear about the PCOS, hope you get well soon LB!
Thanks Ohdee. I'm actually doing very well on that front. I'm hoping to have another baby in the next couple of years so we're actively finding ways to counter it.

Pot- I was a little confused with the Spidey comment there because it was ODB who asked me the q. lol Oh well

But like some posters on here..best car I've had that I didn't mind beating up was definitely a Honda Civic from the early 90's. Hatchback, red and so much fun! Human-power steering was so cutting edge! :lol:
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Ex gf had PCOS, the contraceptive and and lack of a menstrual cycle was was bonus for me. 8-)

:drink: to your health LB
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Contraceptive (the pill) sucks!

Especially for us that are getting up there. That's why I went and got snipped. (use rubber's, please???)

I don't know how exactly how old LB is but I’d guess she’s hit the range that makes the pill borderline as far as safety goes. Spring Chickens, we are not. The pill is for people in their late teens and 20's. We've all read the warnings about the increased potential of serious side affects associated with contraceptives. Weight gain should be the least of women’s concerns. A very close friend of ours almost died because she was on the pill. She suffered a pulmonary embolism. She described it as ten times (10x) more painful than child birth and it really could have killed her. Almost a year later she still requires Warfarin to thin the blood. She was in the hospital for a month. That was some scary shit.

The pill is not your friend. Bag it or snip it boys...
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ODB wrote:Contraceptive (the pill) sucks!
ex was receiving injections, and in her mid 20's

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Topper wrote:
ex was receiving injections, and in her mid 20's
Depo Provera
Every 3 months
Makes you very very ill the first day
And no menstrual cycle (That should set alarms)
But it calmed down the bursting of ovarian cysts.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

My wife had an ovarian cyst erupt - not good at all. After being mis-diagnosed 5 or 6 times (yes, US health 'care') - she finally ended up in emergency. That was my first experience with the health system down here (and bankruptcy laws).

There's a very good chance that I'm moving back to BC early next year for my own health reasons.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

ODB wrote:
Spidey? That was me! I didn't say it to be rude. I wasn't trying to be charming or rude. I've seen LB's picture and she didn't look like the person driving. I was just explaining why I jumped to the conclusion that I thought she was the passenger. Stop trying to make me look like the man in the black hat POT! Image

Kidding of course....

Ha!

Funny how I ass-sumed that was Spidey.

Figured a well mannered professional such as yourself would know better then to ever speak negatively about a young lady's weight, especially not in front of the 50 or 60 other dudes reading this forum.

Dumbass! :lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Potatoe1 wrote: Ha!

Figured a well mannered professional such as yourself would know better then to ever speak negatively about a young lady's weight, especially not in front of the 50 or 60 other dudes reading this forum.

Especially at her age. :P

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Topper wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote: Ha!

Especially at her age. :P
:shock:

:)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Potatoe1 wrote:
ODB wrote:

Kidding of course....

Ha!

Can't spell, can't read, what the hell good are you?...good to see I'm still inside yer' bat brain ;)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Especially for us that are getting up there. That's why I went and got snipped. (use rubber's, please???)

The pill is not your friend. Bag it or snip it boys...
Ummm there is the Image OD for the lucky ones 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)