Media storeys that make you go - WTF

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Re: Media storeys that make you go - WTF

Post by Sick Bunny »

Topper wrote:All the best commies are quaint, and nothing more.
Some quaint etymology.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Sick Bunny wrote:
Topper wrote:All the best commies are quaint, and nothing more.
Some quaint etymology.
So commies are cunts, eh? And I guess the rest of us are pricks...

So how come we can't all get along? :look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Per wrote:So how come we can't all get along? :look:
It all the assholes' fault.

P.S. 100th post, and I'm talking about assholes...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Sick Bunny wrote:
Per wrote:So how come we can't all get along? :look:
It all the assholes' fault.

P.S. 100th post, and I'm talking about assholes...
must be between puck drops eh bun bun..:)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

A $15K hobo wedding.
The American couple chose a "Depression-era hobo wedding" theme because of the groom grandmother's own Depression wedding, which struck a chord with them.

According to Brown's tweet, their dream wedding came with a price tag of $15,000 (£9,000) – despite having penniless migrant workers as its theme.
Oh well, most US weddings will be hobo weddings soon.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Only in Russia... what, no whale-penis leather seats?
This bizarre story starts in Russia with a company called Dartz, which recently unveiled the Pombron Monaco Red Diamond Edition SUV. Yes, that’s the official name of this four-ton motorized bank vault.

To say this monstrosity is opulent is like saying Oprah has money. Ostentatious doesn’t begin to describe a vehicle with gold-plated window surrounds, gauges encrusted with diamonds and rubies, and an exhaust system made from tungsten. But what really stood out was the whale-penis leather seats.

Yes, you read that correctly, whale penis.
(...)
Leonard went on to lament:
We have no any ideas to kill the whale or something like that. All we want- to make just luxury car…. We just looking for most expensive products for this car — and that’s why we choosed whale penis leathure when we checked it is most of most. After wave of protest we realised our mistake and make a decision not to use natural leathure at all.
:shock:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Sick Bunny wrote:Only in Russia... what, no whale-penis leather seats?
This bizarre story starts in Russia with a company called Dartz, which recently unveiled the Pombron Monaco Red Diamond Edition SUV. Yes, that’s the official name of this four-ton motorized bank vault.

To say this monstrosity is opulent is like saying Oprah has money. Ostentatious doesn’t begin to describe a vehicle with gold-plated window surrounds, gauges encrusted with diamonds and rubies, and an exhaust system made from tungsten. But what really stood out was the whale-penis leather seats.

Yes, you read that correctly, whale penis.
(...)
Leonard went on to lament:
We have no any ideas to kill the whale or something like that. All we want- to make just luxury car…. We just looking for most expensive products for this car — and that’s why we choosed whale penis leathure when we checked it is most of most. After wave of protest we realised our mistake and make a decision not to use natural leathure at all.
:shock:
:crazy:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Swedish Queen Denies Father Had Nazi Links

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14465851

Sweden Fast Food Freebie Features Swastika Tattoo

http://www.thelocal.se/35480/20110811/

:lol:

I love that kind of irony....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Strangelove wrote:Swedish Queen Denies Father Had Nazi Links

Doc, this thread is intended for weird & wacky media stories. If you want to get in a shot at Per for Sweden's role in WWII, shouldn't you start a WWII history thread or something?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sick Bunny wrote: Doc, this thread is intended for weird & wacky media stories. If you want to get in a shot at Per for Sweden's role in WWII, shouldn't you start a WWII history thread or something?
Ummm maybe YOU should start an "I'm Weirdly in Love with Per Because...." thread, Mr Mod Wannabe! :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:Swedish Queen Denies Father Had Nazi Links

Sweden Fast Food Freebie Features Swastika Tattoo

http://www.thelocal.se/35480/20110811/

I love that kind of irony....
Right... But when you're all wet, your iron-y tends to get rust-y...

And of course Silvia's father was a nazi. I mean, her parents left Germany for Brazil right after WWII.
That kind of makes all alarms go off, eh? :roll:

And of course they've never mentioned this to their kids, it's hardly something people are proud of today, so I'm not surprised Silvia is in complete denial. My father? A nazi? No way!

But this is old news, our king married her in 1976, and those able to add two and two together must have suspected that her father had been a nazi back then already. And if you think it has anything to do with Sweden's role in WWII, think again. She wasn't born then, no one would have even an inkling of an idea that this unborn child to then Germans who would later emigrate to Brazil would someday become the queen of Sweden.

Mind you, a better stab at questioning our neutrality would be to point out that the king we had during WWII, Gustav V, was a great admirer of Hitler and rooted for Germany, at least early on in the war, kind of like Henry Ford. But even that is old news, and since Sweden is a consitutional monarchy where the king is mainly a figurehead and all power lies with the parliament, it didn't really matter much, except that it was rather embarassing for the government at the time, who wanted to maintain a strict neutrality. The latter is also why we did not enter the war on Finland's side against Russia as eg the king would have wanted, and which would have made sense since our ties to Finland have always been strong and since Russia has always been our arch enemy. But that would have placed us in the same camp as Germany, and we did not want that. We stayed a democracy with a social democrat as PM ( Per Albin Hansson) throughout the war, and as you know, social democrats and union leaders were among the first to be sent to the nazi concentration camps. Even long before they started rounding up Jews. But you already know this and we've already been through this before, so why not get back on topic instead, eh, ole bean?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: we've already been through this before, so why not get back on topic instead, eh, ole bean?
Firstly, it's "eh wot ole bean"! :lol:

Secondly, you were the one who went off topic my good chap!

Scroll up, my post was all about the "irony" of the: Sweden Fast Food Freebie Features Swastika Tattoo story popping up whilst the Swedish-Nazi-links questions are once-again being raised by the media.

Timing, irony... maybe the humour gets lost in the translation?? Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: ... whilst the Swedish-Nazi-links questions are once-again being raised by the media.
No, no, no.

Silvia was born in Germany and raised in Brazil. Thus it's the German community in Brazil - nazi links that are being raised by the media, and frankly, I thought those links were already fairly well known. :roll:

Boys from Brazil ring a bell? Dr Mengele?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: No, no, no.

Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InsspuvAmBs

:|

Ummm...

Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh.

Back on topic:

http://oddculture.com/weird-news-storie ... ereotypes/
____
Try to focus on someday.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Well there you go, that's a much better effort. Enough of this boring Nazi crap.

Now indeed, WTF?

OK, it's a private pre-school, if some nutter wants to open a weird pre-school to pollute kids' brains with Genderlessness, or Scientology, or Christianity, or Islam, or Spaghetti Monsterism, or any other such nonsense, that I can understand. All it takes is one nutter, and a loophole in government regulations.

But for such a school to function, there has to be a sufficient number of parents willing to take their precious children to a place where they don't teach gender pronouns :shock:. So, WTF are these people thinking? Per, can you explain this?