Rest in Peace, old buddy

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Post by rats19 »

I actually teared up reading that odes....fuck!fuck!fuck!
Last edited by rats19 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Wow.

That really sucks, he was a good guy and an hilarious poster.

Thanks for letting us know Rummy.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Vpete wrote:This is truly heartbreaking.
I wish I still had all those PMs!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Rummy, sorry for your loss and thank you... so much for letting us know!

I know, I had pages of pm's from him. We talked all the time. Half of them he was telling me he'd squash my head like a grape if he ever saw me. The other half we talked about our kids and life in general.

I sent Doc a pm last night asking if he thought maybe creeper had been banned for some reason?

I am so sad.

The NHL just settled their labor agreement and I thought sweet.... Now it's going to suck without the coin vs. creeper part 3!

Too Creeper.... :drink:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

I wish Lever were around he could write the best "CC" obituary for him. Creeps deserves that much.

NFL season will never be the same again. OD- do you sill have that coin? Frame it man...
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Below is the earliest post i could find for creeper it looks like its #4 It was in response to one of my socks I forgot about...Freezer, I asked whats the deal at this site. his response is quite awesome.

creeper
post May 15 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 952

QUOTE(Freezer @ May 15 2006, 12:31 PM)
whats the deal here? who is what? do the mods get involved much

I can have a lot to say-depends on who is asking,

Long diatribes are worse than watching paint dry for christs sake.

freez

creeper
If the mods got involved here even a little I'd have been gone along time ago.

I came here 2 months ago to chew bubble gum and kick ass.

I ran out of bubble gum on day 4.

I happen to like watching paint dry, Amigo.

Now say something interesting or fuck off.

there was a couple pages but this was great...the last line is epic!!
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

That guy was so awesome!

And it's all lost at Central! :(

Did anyone else get the pm of his monster shit? He took a huge shit a few years ago. I guess he felt it was big enough to take a picture of. But a pic of a huge shit is useless unless you share it... and guess what? I was the lucky chap that got to bare witness to it. Got a PM titled check this out. There she was in all her glory!

Fuckin creeper....

:lol:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Thanks guys.

I still can't believe it.

I will be sure to let his family know how many friends he had made here on this goddamned hockey message board. He was a hard guy not to like, and that applied to the both the real world and its cyber-equivalent. I haven't talked to his brother in years, he must be hurting bad. I am taking it so hard that I can only imagine what his wife and family are going through. I called his mom today to express my condolences.

Rob used to wonder what the hell I was doing hammering away on his computer. I told him about CanucksCentral and the cast of characters that made it a fun place, and he started off slowly, as a troll, but then he really grew to love and support the place. I helped edit his stuff and watched a guy with very little writing acumen develop by leaps and bounds. He had real talent. I went years without posting, but creeper was a constant and established himself in a way on CC that I never did. I think it really helped distract him from his family life, which was a dramatic lifestyle change for him and was likely kind of scary. I'm probably putting too much information out there on the internet right now, but I feel it's important for everyone
to know who Rob was. I don't think he'd mind.

I really regret not calling him back a couple weeks ago. I was busy and I figured I'd get back to him later. Rob was a type-A personality and we had a rocky friendship at times, but I really wanted the guy to be sober and happy. We have both had our struggles with substance abuse and I'm not sure if that was an issue here or not, but I kind of wish I'd been around for him more lately. I beat my problem a few years ago and I think he was on his way to doing the same thing. He had finally found a woman he loved and had a family, which I think he always wanted. He wasn't lonely like I suspect he had been when we hung out regularly.

Rob was a very intimidating and aggressive guy but once you got to know him you realized how sensitive and funny he was. He was a hilarious poster but he was even more fun in real life.

I know that he is at peace now, and I will always cherish the memories I have. I met Rob when I was 14 and he was an 18-year old pizza-delivery driver in Dundarave. Later on I worked in the same place. Him rolling joints for me in his Camaro back in 1990, ripping around Stanley Park. Watching movies on mushrooms in his basement. Taking his dog for hikes in the canyon. Playoff games and UFC cards and NFL nights. Flats of beer.

Good times. Love you buddy.

-J
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

His last hoax at Central was PMing a bunch of people and offering to send them a copy of faces of death... or some snuff film anyways. He actually never did have it but he said Skyo was the only one that requested a copy. :lol:
2011..... the one that got away.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Sad news. Way too young.

RIP Creeper. Characters like him don't grow on trees...
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

I always thought Rummy, Creeper, Phil, and another handle implying big boobs were the same person. :eh:

My favourite creeper thread was when he broke his ankle and would post pics of the shit he was eating, his shit, and his big gross yellow toe nail. :thumbs:

You tell me, how do you not love a guy like that! I also remember him tearing through the GDC's looking for ohdee LOL.

As the saying goes, a cold beverage will be consumed in his honour! RIP Creeper. :( :drink:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Corb wrote:I always thought Rummy, Creeper, Phil, and another handle implying big boobs were the same person. :eh:
Haha, nope. I was just me (and Anonymous Coward and Greg Millen back in the great summer '06 shitkickings), but creeps was Phil, Giggles, the Schwab, and a bunch of other crazy bastards. He fucking loved that summer.

Tomorrow night I drink to the great creeper. There will never be another.

Oh yeah. Happy birthday Ohdee.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

CC fatty challenge, day 5 . I post a pic of a big ass salad. Creeper posts a pic of a 12 pack of Tims donuts. Five are eaten, he writes hi ohdee on the inside of the box lid, there's a lit cigarette in an ashtray and a cup off coffee. He calls it lunch! Lol....

He sent in his 75.00 so he could mock us for six months. :mrgreen:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

ODB wrote:CC fatty challenge, day 5 . I post a pic of a big ass salad. Creeper posts a pic of a 12 pack of Tims donuts. Five are eaten, he writes hi ohdee on the inside of the box lid, there's a lit cigarette in an ashtray and a cup off coffee. He calls it lunch! Lol....

He sent in his 75.00 so he could mock us for six months. :mrgreen:
:lol:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Ode to creeps

A fighter, a lover
A big badass mother
The man you called creeper was both
cyber six-guns in holsters
we crushed many posters
So many good quips could I quoth

We wrote our best jokes
while we held in our tokes
You know that he loved a good scrap
My big redhead brother
There won't be another
Who else would take pics of their crap?

I'll add some more verses when I'm feeling better. Not so creative right now.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.