Norway? No way!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Norway? No way!

Postby Mr.Pink » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:20 am

Per wrote:Of course, the maximum penalty in Norway is 21 years, and the norm is that you usually only serve two thirds of it, so most likely he'll be out in fourteen years..... :hmmm:

Norway is one of seventeen countries (6 in Europe, 8 in Latin America, 2 in Asia and 1 in Africa) that have abolished life imprisonment (Russia has a special quirk by having life imprisonment, but only for men - not for women!). There's been debate whether we should abolish it in Sweden too, but so far we haven't. It's considered inhumane by human rights organisations and criminogists argue that it robs those convicted of an incentive to better themselves and thus makes rehabilitation less feasible.

I personally think we should keep it. Some people, like Anders Behring Breivik, simply do not deserve to ever be let out.

14 years? Fuck that. 14 years is the length of time that I spent in Korea.

They should have special considerations for special circumstances.

Although I'm sure there will be more than a few people waiting for him when he gets out.
Mr.Pink
AHL Prospect

Postby Sick Bunny » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:09 am

Mr.Pink wrote:They should have special considerations for special circumstances.

Although I'm sure there will be more than a few people waiting for him when he gets out.

Uh-huh... http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/20 ... ve-updates

He admitted responsibility. He feels that it was cruel to have to carry out these acts but that, in his head, it was necessary.

He has said that he believed the actions were atrocious, but that in his head they were necessary.

He's stated that he went to Utøya [where 700 youths in the age of 15-25 were gathered] to give the Labour party a warning that 'doomsday would be imminent' unless the party changed its policies,.

He wanted to hurt the Labour party and halt its recruitment in the worst possible way, referring to party members as marxists.

:shock: Yeah, I think special considerations are definitely necessary here...
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Postby Arachnid » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:43 am

Xenophobia for sure but Norway is doing the right thing by carrying on as normal, terrorism, domestic or international, cannot change the way we behave. We can't let fear dictate your emotional response. If their law says 21 or 14 years then that's all he gets. The bigger message will be sent by treating this coward as just another speck of human excrement and nothing special. Just look at the states and how paranoid they have become? Are we becoming that way too if it happened here? Does capital punishment deter the nut jobs? I think not.
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Per » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:43 am

One possible positive effect of the low maximum sentence....
When police eventually arrived on the scene, the killer laid down his arms and surrendered without a fight.

Would he have done that in a country with capital punishment? :|
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby the Dogsalmon » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:36 pm

hang him...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:41 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:hang him...

Too quick and painless.
2011..... the one that got away.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby the Dogsalmon » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:00 pm

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:

Too quick and painless.

what about hacking his limbs off at the knees and elbows...cauterize...skin him...roll in salt and toss into a pile of red ants...wait 5 minutes...revive him...patch him up and we start again tomorrow...is that better?
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:04 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:

Too quick and painless.

what about hacking his limbs off at the knees and elbows...cauterize...skin him...roll in salt and toss into a pile of red ants...wait 5 minutes...revive him...patch him up and we start again tomorrow...is that better?

It's a start.

But why are you letting him keep his Johnson? That should be the first thing to go.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby the Dogsalmon » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:16 pm

do you have a ballpeen hammer i can borrow?
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Sick Bunny » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Send him to the ICC in The Hague.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Postby the Dogsalmon » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:30 pm

Sick Bunny wrote:Send him to the ICC in The Hague.

send him to the woodshed at the Dogsalmon's house...it should take 6 weeks to kill him...we can make Per watch...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:43 pm

Another dude headed to jail:

Edmonton Oilers' goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin appears ready to do his time. Edmonton radio station iNews 880 is reporting the Russian keeper, who was caught DUI and speeding in Arizona last August, has given up appealing the 30-day jail term he was given as a result. He will split that sentence between jail and his own home, spending the last 15 days at home with an electronic monitoring device.He must also enter an alcohol treatment program. Khabibulin enters his third year with the Oilers this season.

Sorry mods, didn't want to start a thread for an Oiler. Can we just rename this thread "Incarcerated Assholes"?
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Cornuck » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:55 pm

You guys have trouble staying on topic don't you? :?

We rarely rename threads here - it only causes confusion, and we ask that if you have a news item totally unrelated to the thread, just start a new one.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby the Dogsalmon » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Cornuck wrote:You guys have trouble staying on topic don't you? :?

We rarely rename threads here - it only causes confusion, and we ask that if you have a news item totally unrelated to the thread, just start a new one.

when you smoke as much as Eddy and I it gets hard remembering the topic...let alone understanding where we are at...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Sick Bunny » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:Another dude headed to jail:

Umm, I dunno. I think this belongs in the Beer thread (the Ugly side is yet to be covered over there...)

Or perhaps the Ahhh Summer Nights thread? I presume it was at night.

Or even A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. He never did get to the forum.

What would you do? Serve time, get a designated driver, call a cab?

Home Entertainment Discussion? He shoulda stayed home for the entertainment.

Playoff Beards? Here's one guy who's in no danger of getting one.

Am I insane for finding this absolutely hilariousl?! The Weight Gain Challenge -- what's the prison diet like? It's all over, he's going to jail.

Anyway, wrong thread.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill