RORY MCILROY

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

RORY MCILROY

Post by DavidPratt_ »

“THE KING IS DEAD…LONG LIVE THE KING”…

IF THE U.S. OPEN WAS THE CORONATION OF RORY MCILROY…

THEN THE BRITISH OPEN WILL BE LIKE…“ELVIS” RETURNING TO CEASARS PALACE…

GOLF ONCE AGAIN HAS A ROCK STAR…AND THE NEXT 4 DAYS WILL BE “MUST SEE T.V.”…

EVER SINCE TIGER WOODS WRAPPED HIS SUV AROUND A FIRE HYDRANT 20 MONTHS AGO…THE GAME HAS BEEN DESPERATE TO FIND A REPLACEMENT…

THE SEARCH IS OVER…

3 WEEKS AGO…MCILROY DESTROYED THE FIELD AT THE U.S. OPEN…

HE FINISHED AT 17 UNDER…THE BEST PERFORMANCE IN THE HISTORY OF THE TOURNAMENT…

AT 23…MCILROY BECAME THE SECOND YOUNGEST TO WIN THE U.S. OPEN…

FOR THE RECORD…THE YOUNGEST WAS BOBBY JONES…IN 1923…

ALREADY THERE ARE LOTS OF COMPARISIONS BETWEEN ROY MCILROY AND TIGER WOODS…

WOODS ALSO EXPLODED ONTO THE GOLF SCENE AT A TIME WHEN THE SPORTS WAS LOOKING FOR A SAVIOR…

TIGER WON THE MASTERS AT THE AGE OF 21…HIS FIRST MAJOR…

AND HE WON THAT TOURNAMENT BY A RECORD MARGIN OF 12 STROKES…

HE HAS SINCE GONE ONTO WIN 71 PGA TOUR EVENTS AND 14 MAJORS…AND IN DOING SO HAS BECOME THE FIRST ATHLETE TO EARN OVER ONE BILLION DOLLARS…

THOSE ARE THE GOLF SHOES MCILROY IS NOW EXPECTED TO FILL…

IT IS “OFF THE COURSE”…WHERE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MCILROY AND TIGER ARE MOST NOTICABLE…

TIGER GREW UP JUST OUTSIDE OF LOS ANGELES…

AT THE AGE OF 2…HE MADE HIS FIRST APPEARANCE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION…

HE APPEARED IN GOLF DIGEST FOR THE FIRST TIME AT THE AGE OF 5…

AND BY 13…HE HAD ALREADY BEEN INTRODUCED TO JACK NICKLAUS…AT THE BEL-AIR COUNTRY CLUB…

SO IT’S EASY TO SEE WHERE THE EGO AND THE ATTITUDE COMES FROM…

MCELROY ALSO COMES FROM HOLYWOOD…BUT THAT’S HOLYWOOD NORTHERN IRELAND…

POPULATION 12,000…

HIS FATHER GERRY WORKED 3 SHIFTS A DAY TO HELP PAY FOR HIS GOLF…

AND MCILROY HAS A GIRLFRIEND…WHO HE SAYS…”KEEPS MY FEET ON THE GROUND”…

IT ALL MAY SEEM LIKE IT’S…TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE…

ONE WAY OR THE OTHER…WE ARE ABOUT TO FIND OUT…

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: RORY MCILROY

Post by Aaronp18 »

Listen kids ...... McIlroy is the real deal!

How good is that?

In all seriousness he is, the kid has a flawless swing and seems to be developing that killer instinct that alluded him for a while there.

His confidence is sky high and hopefully the kid only gets better. He's going to be fun to watch!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I like McIlroy a lot......could be the 1/4 Irish in me, but I love the kids swing, his class and how he appears to be having fun with it all and taking it in stride. He is a sick player already but to compare him to Eldrick after one major is retarded. Pull your head out of your ass and start fighting for some air Pratt. I hate Woods more than anyone but ffs lets let the kid rip off a couple more majors before we annoint him the next one.

I heard Pratt's drivel on the radio yesterday and it was all i could do not to phone him again. The last time I phoned him and tore into him about his baseball comments he lost it. All I said was he isn't qualified to comment on the game and he isn't. He is now barely qualified to comment on golf. I guess we can anticipate his Canucks and Lions comments however misguided they may be.

BTW someone should get an MLB thread going even though there will probably be only a handful of us participating.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The last time I phoned him and tore into him about his baseball comments he lost it. All I said was he isn't qualified to comment on the game and he isn't. He is now barely qualified to comment on golf. I guess we can anticipate his Canucks and Lions comments however misguided they may be.
GOOD THING WE USE CALLER ID.

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040