Chris

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Chris

Post by ODB »

I’m still pissed off at you but I think I’ve vented enough. You banned me from your site without so much as a PM letting me know your feelings on what ever I was doing that you deemed a ban-able offence. I still don’t know what I did? You took away my cyber buddies and my cyber home! I responded the in ways you’ve seen me respond before.

You did this... you did that... you caused this... Look man, I’m saying I’m sorry!

I was pissed off and hurt but I didn’t imagine in a hundred years my words would be part of the final straw and you’d shut your site down. I didn’t want that and lord knows I didn’t expect that.

I was mad because you took a crap load of friends from me. Don Lever, DBR, Pot, Vpete... the list is huge. Guys I pmed with! Guys with whom I shared personal things with! Guys that I knew who’s wife’s, siblings and parents were sick. But it wasn’t just them Chris. It was you too! WE had been cyber pals for however many years. 10/15 years is a long friggen time Chris. I did know about some of your legitimate challenges and I did help when I could. You decided our relationship, no matter how trivial on line relationships are, was over and I didn’t have any say in it. I was hurt.

I wonna clear the air. I know it wasn’t about the money Chris. You didn’t get rich and you certainly weren’t trying to. I know there are expenses involved in running a site like you had. You need hardware, software and bandwidth. I think people forget the countless hours you spent in front of your monitor ticking away so we had a place to call home. Thank you; it was a lot of hours over a lot of years. It didn't go unnoticed!

I also want to say thank you for providing me, and others a place to be creative. Don’t be fooled by the mammyrammers and bumblecunts. You had be too creative in the OF. The environment meant you had to be at your best to survive and I think in the end it was a good thing for me. The only time in my life I let my ideas truly flow! You gave me a blank piece of paper. I worked through some real world crises posting factionary drivel on your site. I processed real bad times and used Canucks Central as a venue to clear my mind and escape the bad days.

It doesn’t matter now, you think I’m a prick but I’m done. No more shit talk from me Chris. I really hope things go well for you and your family. It’s pretty sad to think I’ll never speak to you again. I’m sorry for jumping on you like I did, I was hurt and upset. I really feel like I was largely responsible for Canucks Central closing down and I want to apologize. I didn’t mean to hurt you.

I have a reputation as being a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. I grew from a 20 something kid to a 40 year old man while posting at Canucks Central. I will miss your website. I will miss you. I’m sorry for being as ass!

Ohdee
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Topper
CC Legend

Re: Chris

Post by Topper »

I liked your last apology better.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ODB wrote:od's last kiss
That was very touching OD, in a really gay sort of way.

The bottom line is the guy is a grown man, we all face certain challenges in life, like you say, all of us are always going through something and I too used Central to take things out on people but that was what the OF had become. You didn't think on your feet you were dead. Can't say it helped me in the real world but it sure was fun to be creative and bitch slap people 'Hi Stinks!"

I don't think you should apologize to the buttwipe. He used you. You were (as we all were) entertainment, He wasn't the reason people kept coming back again and again, yeah it was his sandbox, in the end he can do whatever wants, there are lots of other sandboxes.

I have and will continue to take shots at the guy especially when he's down because that's what he preached. I pull no punches for a Boy Named Sue. He'll never learn.

Nope, No apologies, but I'm not Arachnid in real life, so that part me wishes him well and he can choose to do whatever he likes in life.

Just remember this OD, the nature of people never changes, a snake is a snake is a snake (heh < animal character reference there :) ). We can learn and evolve with each challenge but the most important thing is how you deal with it. You can freak out and have a melt down or you can have sweet revenge ;)

When one does not take personal responsibility for their life they can never go on that journey. Blaming others is the first sign of a much larger problem. I know others with a lot more problems than him that never made any excuses in life and are doing great.

He's young enough, has a beautiful wife he loves dearly so really what's the problem?
If a middle age dude can go back to university and do something he truly loves then what the fuck is anyones problems?
:mrgreen:

So fuck you CJ, get a life, I really mean that 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Alright guys,

I think I've let everyone vent enough. Its time to move on if you don't mind. I'm sure Chris has an e-mail address you can send these apologies and thoughts to.

While Chris and I had our differences I don't really feel comfortable letting people come on here and keep piling on. He made his choice and that should be the end of it. I understand there is an emotional attachment to Central and some of you donated a lot of money there. But this board shouldn't become the sounding board for that frustration. Its not fair to Chris, myself, or this site.

I appreciate it, thanks.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Brian CC wrote:Alright guys,

I think I've let everyone vent enough. Its time to move on if you don't mind. I'm sure Chris has an e-mail address you can send these apologies and thoughts to.

While Chris and I had our differences I don't really feel comfortable letting people come on here and keep piling on. He made his choice and that should be the end of it. I understand there is an emotional attachment to Central and some of you donated a lot of money there. But this board shouldn't become the sounding board for that frustration. Its not fair to Chris, myself, or this site.

I appreciate it, thanks.
No worries Brian, we'll behave (although apparently I am good at subtly driving people insane 8-) )and thanks for letting us play in your sandbox. Can I play with the Tonka digger now? :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)