Ahh Summer Nights

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

JNF
CC Rookie

Re: Ahh Summer Nights

Post by JNF »

rats19 wrote:
JNF wrote:
rats19 wrote:Sounds like you enjoy the experience..so its numbers then...did you talk to anyone ho was doing well? Mimicking success..
What size leader.trim knots ..sharpen hooks..what clarity is the water.
Rats your getting to technical here but just for shits and giggles I use a Fenwick '10 "6 rod with an Abu Garcia 6500 reel. For the Springs we use triple hooks and buy the mesh bags cuz roe is legal there. The water is crystal clear in Kitimat. No numbers game but really just timing :eh:
Fenwicks 1264 one of my favourites. What size/make of hooks? Make of line? Different lines show up differently, ..if its crystal clear then all those things i talked about earlier mean alot. What pound test? Leader? Nice levelwind easy control..try a silex?

maxima supersoft ultra green is great line

maxima charterboat...BAD!!!
You nailed the line thing right on Rats. Berkley Trilene XL green fishing line works great, 275 yards for about 10 bucks at your local Canadian Tire store :D When fishing for steelhead I have a 10lb test, but the Springs require 40lbs test. I have heard but not tried this line but its a Fluorocarbon line and they say it's virtually invisible underwater it's called Vanish Transition by Berkley :wink:

Not saying anything bad about a Silex reel but I am just to comfortable with mine and will not change :D
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Happy now?

:P
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

quote="BladesofSteel"]Happy now?

:P[/quote]

That's better. bos... just that its too long to type...lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

BladesofSteel wrote:Happy now?

:P
Words cannot describe.....

:thumbs:
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

rats19 wrote:That's better. bos... just that its too long to type...lol
You Rats, can call me BoS.

:D
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BladesofSteel wrote:
rats19 wrote:That's better. bos... just that its too long to type...lol
You Rats, can call me BoS.

:D
*wonders if cuz i a great guy* or cuz i am on a stupid phone?
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I've hear you're a pretty good guy overall, but spend a little too much time on your stupid phone.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BladesofSteel wrote:I've hear you're a pretty good guy overall, but spend a little too much time on your stupid phone.
I hear ya...lol
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

A kid, a canoe, a dog and bear too

Stroke'n around Killbear park this past weekend...highlight had to be grill'n T-Bones on an open campfire as park rangers chased a bear through the park near us...Jr. was not impressed... :lol:

Swear my Gods Creeper was creeping around... :mex:

Had a really nice IPA form cottage country itself...

http://www.muskokabrewery.com/mad-tom-ipa.php

(I think I just posted in three threads at once :| )
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Spent me first weekend at home since June 28. It's kinda nice being back and getting some normalcy.

I had forgotten how much the Lower Mainland has to offered in terms of what to do on summer nights. Although I do miss being able to have bon fires on the shores of Ambleside.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LotusBlossom wrote:Spent me first weekend at home since June 28. It's kinda nice being back and getting some normalcy.

I had forgotten how much the Lower Mainland has to offered in terms of what to do on summer nights. Although I do miss being able to have bon fires on the shores of Ambleside.

Have to disagree with you LB. I am beginning to hate it here a little more each year as i get older. Being in the Okanagan and the South Cariboo for most of the last 6 weeks makes me realize how much i like the fresh air, wide open spaces and cleanliness of the interior of this great province.

There's lots to like about the wet coast but increasingly as i approach my 42nd b-day..... I can't wait until this is my home for no more than a few months a year.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:Spent me first weekend at home since June 28. It's kinda nice being back and getting some normalcy.

Have to disagree with you LB. I am beginning to hate it here a little more each year as i get older. Being in the Okanagan and the South Cariboo for most of the last 6 weeks makes me realize how much i like the fresh air, wide open spaces and cleanliness of the interior of this great province.

There's lots to like about the wet coast but increasingly as i approach my 42nd b-day..... I can't wait until this is my home for no more than a few months a year.
when we started covering this great province during the rodeo season a few years back...My wife and I decided not to let the summer beauty influence our thinking as property is quite cheap in alot of places......for one reason and one reason only....WINTER!!! brrrrr
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

when we started covering this great province during the rodeo season a few years back...My wife and I decided not to let the summer beauty influence our thinking as property is quite cheap in alot of places......for one reason and one reason only....WINTER!!! brrrrr

For sure rat man. The plan for us is to spend our winters in Arizona or Vegas, our spring here and the summer in either the South Cariboo or the Okanagan. I'll keep nothing more than a townhouse here and the kids can rent - to own part of that while they are going to school or joining the workforce. Just going by today's financial climate I could flip my place for 550- 600, by a townhome here for 400 K and by a decent condo in the US , not to mention we have 10 - 13 more good earning years to make it happen.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

For sure rat man. The plan for us is to spend our winters in Arizona or Vegas, our spring here and the summer in either the South Cariboo or the Okanagan. I'll keep nothing more than a townhouse here and the kids can rent - to own part of that while they are going to school or joining the workforce. Just going by today's financial climate I could flip my place for 550- 600, by a townhome here for 400 K and by a decent condo in the US , not to mention we have 10 - 13 more good earning years to make it happen.
see ya in AZ blob....
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

I understand, Blob, but admittedly, I'm a city girl. I love being in a concrete jungle. It doesn't mean I don't head out to the woods and outdoors, but at this point in my life, I have to say that it's nice to be home. The wonderful thing about Vancouver is there is a lot of green space and outdoorsy things to do. Thinking about taking a bike ride out near the airport this week or heading out to Tsawassen/Point Roberts to do some trail riding.

We really loved spending some of the summer out in the OK last year, and my husband and I have been thinking about buying some vacation property somewhere in the province for the summer and looking at parts of Nevada and Arizona for a winter retreat. My cousin is trying to convince me to buy a house in Las Vegas. Apparently you can grab a four bedroom home for less than $150K USD. That's freaking amazing, you can't even get 1 bedroom condo in Langley for that anymore.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde