Ahh Summer Nights

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Ahh Summer Nights

Post by SKYO »

Nothing like those boring nights in the summer around CC hey?

What are you looking forward to most this summer?

I got a vacation coming up, gonna visit some family down south for a couple of weeks, its gonna be sweet to get away for awhile.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
hist
CC Rookie

Re: Ahh Summer Nights

Post by hist »

In the middle of a 3-week vacation. The first 10 days were a miserable trip but now we're in the "relax at home and do as little as possible" mode, and it's pure heaven.

Also, I'm getting a lot of video-gaming done, which is actually par for the course on working nights as well. Just not as late.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

We're heading up to Lake Shaunigan next week for a family reunion. My uncle lives on the lake and he has us over every few years to rip it up on the skis and chill on the wharf.

Good times.
hist
CC Rookie

Post by hist »

BOS wrote:We're heading up to Lake Shaunigan next week for a family reunion. My uncle lives on the lake and he has us over every few years to rip it up on the skis and chill on the wharf.

Good times.
I've always said that I need to find a friend with a boat.

*sigh*

Hasn't happened yet.
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Finish my dec, landscape the yard, wander around Victoria for a few days and put out some trail cameras. 62 days until archery seaseon!
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

BOS wrote:We're heading up to Lake Shaunigan next week for a family reunion. My uncle lives on the lake and he has us over every few years to rip it up on the skis and chill on the wharf.

Good times.

Shawnigan Lake on the Island?

If you have a chance check out the Kinsol Trestle. I believe it was supposed to be ready for this summer as they have been fundraising to repair it for a trail/bike pass like the Kettle Valley trestle that burnt down in the Kelowna fires ohh....15 years ago. Anyways, the Kinsol trestle is/was one of the tallest in the world. Pretty cool site to see.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Just came back from a trip to SoCal, we visited LA area mostly with an excursion to Disney in Orange County and then a jaunt up to Malibu where we met David Spade and his new GF at Nobu, a great place to have some sushi (high price, good quality,modern). Likeable little guy. He's super short, about an inch taller than I, and I'm 5'3.

Heading out to Manitoba this week for some family wedding stuff, and then Toronto and Halifax in August for a week for work (Blah) but thinking about hitting up a lake cabin somewhere to get away from it all at some point as well.

Although, what I am craving for the most right now is a do nothing weekend at home. Sitting on the balcony overlooking the city and enjoying our view. Image
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

CFP! wrote: Shawnigan Lake on the Island?

If you have a chance check out the Kinsol Trestle. I believe it was supposed to be ready for this summer as they have been fundraising to repair it for a trail/bike pass like the Kettle Valley trestle that burnt down in the Kelowna fires ohh....15 years ago. Anyways, the Kinsol trestle is/was one of the tallest in the world. Pretty cool site to see.
Yes, Shawnigan Lake.

We've got some time to kill on Friday as the 'tives are working in the morning. That would be a prime time to go check it out, thanx.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

In the middle of two weeks off. Gonna tile my entrance way, the bathroom downstairs, hook up with my buddy who is in town from Ixtapa and play a couple rounds of golf. After that I have to RTW for a week and then I get three more weeks off. We'll head up to the cabin, go waterskiing, quading and fishing and when I have extra time drinking and working on the place. Hopefully the weather gets better.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Went for a drive after dinner and English Bay was just packed. Beautiful evening. We ended up heading to Steveston Pier (Bayview) in Richmond for our walk instead. Just as beautiful, just not as crowded. Loving summer so far. Gonna be sad when I have to head to Winnipeg to endure 30 Celsius heat w/ mosquitoes. :?
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:We'll head up to the cabin,
Where is the cabin Blob?

Cabin life....always fixing something, cant ever fucking relax and enjoy the "vacation". :thumbs:
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

CFP! wrote:
Where is the cabin Blob?

Cabin life....always fixing something, cant ever fucking relax and enjoy the "vacation". :thumbs:
You know I thought it was to get away from everything, but a friend of mine who has a cabin up in Pemberton says the same thing. Always have to improve on something in the cabin, on the site etc.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

LotusBlossom wrote:
CFP! wrote:
Where is the cabin Blob?

You know I thought it was to get away from everything, but a friend of mine who has a cabin up in Pemberton says the same thing. Always have to improve on something in the cabin, on the site etc.

LB, it's true. Especially for us lucky ones to have a fricken cabin.

We dont live year round @ the cabin and it requires an opening trip and shut down trip nevermind the vacation. I went up last year to open up and it was silly. Good thing I brought my saw to clear the logs rolled up on the lawn. Poor CFP.....

Fuck y'all.
I cant rest there. Unless we have guests which we wont this year, but it is constant work. Replacing the water tank, the well pump, the new mast for the CAN flag and the deck just got replaced as well as H20'prooffed.

Dont buy a cabin unless its a new one, or you have kids to do the work for you.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

CFP! wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:
CFP! wrote:
Where is the cabin Blob?

LB, it's true. Especially for us lucky ones to have a fricken cabin.

We dont live year round @ the cabin and it requires an opening trip and shut down trip nevermind the vacation. I went up last year to open up and it was silly. Good thing I brought my saw to clear the logs rolled up on the lawn. Poor CFP.....

Fuck y'all.
I cant rest there. Unless we have guests which we wont this year, but it is constant work. Replacing the water tank, the well pump, the new mast for the CAN flag and the deck just got replaced as well as H20'prooffed.

Dont buy a cabin unless its a new one, or you have kids to do the work for you.
I'm thinking Mr LB would probably want to do some sort of time share after seeing our good friend always work on his cabin. Lovely cabin but he had to do a lot of reno's on the place, but he does spend a bit of time there in the summer and winter to get away from city life quite often.

Kudos to you guys that do keep up your cabins. For us it would be a constant parade of guests, especially my mom and dad, so it wouldn't be feasible. Love it though. A few years back, I rented a nice little quaint place in Gibsons to help me write for a project. I understand the 'getting away from it all' thing. It was a great 4 months up there for me.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Summer nights! Here's one I took tonight - the storms here are incredible.

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."