It's all over!!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: It's all over!!

Post by rats19 »

I most often lay alegiance geographically..

Yah you put it on my friends comment page..haha

Unless i move..then this wont make any sense
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

This past year one of the officials in that Super Bowl came out publicly and apologized for his blown calls. Specifically the late hit call on Hasselnack that was a major swing point in the game.

What struck me about the officiating besides the inconsistency, is that it did not jibe with what the league was saying publicly.

We heard that post 1st round there would be a massive crackdown on dives and embellishment. That post whistle scrums would have one player tossed for 2 min. Did the players and the officials not get the memo?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, true, but I think there were a group of anarchists/thugs that intended to start a riot no matter what, win or lose. I think the factors of: young males, overcrowded, alchohol and the lost turned the crowd into an exposed stick of dynamite just waiting to explode; the anarchist lite the match and got it going. U can't tell my most normal kids know how or carry the equipment to burn up a car like that. I'm also willing to bet, those guys who covered their faces? They were the main culprits. Most of the kids who got carried in the moment didn't think of covering their faces.

Vpete wrote:Rioters were a mixed bag of everything.

F-ing tools all of them. If you didn't leave you were guilty as police car fire lighter kid.

There is no such thing as an innocent bystander so says Seinfeld! ;)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Yeah, true, but I think there were a group of anarchists/thugs that intended to start a riot no matter what, win or lose. I think the factors of: young males, overcrowded, alchohol and the lost turned the crowd into an exposed stick of dynamite just waiting to explode; the anarchist lite the match and got it going.
Knowing a few people who were there, that sums up their stories.

The initial police reports of an organized group of anarchists or as I prefer, an oxymoron of morons, seem to be true, and then like a flame way, all the 'tards jump in

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Yeah, true, but I think there were a group of anarchists/thugs that intended to start a riot no matter what, win or lose. I think the factors of: young males, overcrowded, alchohol and the lost turned the crowd into an exposed stick of dynamite just waiting to explode; the anarchist lite the match and got it going.
Knowing a few people who were there, that sums up their stories.

The initial police reports of an organized group of anarchists or as I prefer, an oxymoron of morons, seem to be true, and then like a flame way, all the 'tards jump in

fuckin "tards" stay out of it and expose the oxymoronical morons...for who they are...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
rats19 wrote: didnt you diss me for cheering on the shithawks..or was it the mariners?/
Lollll,

Must've been the Mariners. I think my stance against you was that you cheering the Mariners over the Blue Jays....which was very "UnCanadian" of you. :P

I was a huge Jays fan during the late 80's/early 90's.
Like rats, I'll always cheer for the M's over the Blue Jays. Although I have always been a Yankees fan, I have much love for the Mariners.

Blame geography and that I have a hate-on for teams based in the 416. :lol:
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Farhan Lalji wrote: What do you make of Chris' stance that the NHL head office is corrupt?
Chris isn't the only one who thinks the NHL head office is corrupt!

For example I believe many of his leftist brethren believe Gary Bettman is a pro-America shape-shifting alien-reptile...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Farhan Lalji wrote: (the riot) makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it

:evil:

Fact is: Car-torching & shop-looting are MUCH less repulsive activities than Pigtown-team-cheering.

No offense eh wot? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Strangelove wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote: (the riot) makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it

:evil:

Fact is: Car-torching & shop-looting are MUCH less repulsive activities than Pigtown-team-cheering.

No offense eh wot? :mrgreen:
LOL.

C'mon man. How could you NOT cheer the likes of Roberto Alomar and Joe Carter back in the day? As much as I hate to admit it, Joe Carter's World Series winning homer in 93' is my favorite sporting memory of all-time. :cry: Crosby's Gold medal winning goal is a close second. I cried with joy both times!

p.s._____________I will admit though: Burrows' OT winner against Chicago in Game 7 made me go insane. I screamed at the top of my lungs for about a minute straight. The neighbours thought I'd lost my mind, lol.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I'm not going to be able to splain this one to you buds... I just HAVE to hate everything to do with Toronto.

I have no control over that.

Yes, folks will be talking about the two goals you mentioned for years to come!

okay... Wifey & I were sitting in a bar at the Disneyland Hotel (Paradise Pier) watching the gold medal game. Two young American girls joined us at our table, THEY were very unthusiastic fans, THEY were fun. The rest of the overflowing bar: NOT (for example they would all applaud politely every time Team America scored lol). Anyway, I'll never forget that game, lotsa yelling & laughing from our table and... I do believe, when Crosby scored, I performed a nice little jig!

And GM: I don't jig.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Fact is: Car-torching & shop-looting are MUCH less repulsive activities than Pigtown-team-cheering.
Impulse vs premeditated.

HockeyGeek
CC Rookie

Post by HockeyGeek »

Wow, that was a shock. Living in a part of the world where hockey isn't a blip on anyone's radar I've come to rely on central for all my canucks/hockey discussions. I may not have posted very regularly but I was usually on the site at least once a day. I've come to not only enjoy reading posts from Strangelove, DBR, Topper, HW, Donny, and to a lesser extent Thinker, and Creeper(you know I'm kidding right?), but I came to almost rely on them for all my casual hockey banter. They were my watercooler. When they were gone I was genuinely sad. I moped for days, wondering if I needed to start following footy in order to have some kind of sports discussion with people. But now that I see most of the old regulars from central have migrated over here I've gladly followed. Too bad my avatar doesn't fit anymore. Guess I'll have to fix up a new one.
Hoss
CC Rookie

Post by Hoss »

rats19 wrote:I most often lay alegiance geographically..

Yah you put it on my friends comment page..haha

Unless i move..then this wont make any sense
Thats the only way to do it. Why cheer for a baseball team from a city most of you hate (that is full of Americans and Latins anyhow) when there's one, what, 130 miles from Van?

I'd be cheering for goddamn Joe Thornton and the guppies if I based my hockey fandom on national geography. And that wouldn't change that fact that most of the Sharks are Canadians.

Silly nationalism.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

HockeyGeek wrote: and Creeper(you know I'm kidding right?)
:lol:

Welcome HG!
____
Try to focus on someday.
hist
CC Rookie

Post by hist »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:
Really crazy stuff. I was at Main Street/Science world by the time the game ended and the riots started taking place, but it was really disappointing to see black smoke going up as I walked away from the city.
We were told to stay in the arena until it was ok to leave. It was an extra hour and half over the extended time we usually stay after a hockey game. The bar in our section closes usually an hour after the game, but we stayed up there for 2 1/2 hours after the Boston victory and they were in no hurry to usher anyone out of the building that night.

We were watching some of the chaos on the TVs in our section. Horrible stuff. Vancouver was up in smoke that night, and not in its usual manner.
We left after Bettman was booed the first time, not wanting to see the whole ceremony and the Bruins skating around with the Cup. (we were happy to stay long enough to boo Bettman, though :) )

We took a right turn and headed down to Pender, catching a bus to go around it all, when it was still pretty much restricted to where it had started.

We were home safe before the worst had begun, and we watched it all on TV.

Really sad.