It's all over!!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Re: It's all over!!

Post by rockalt »

Wow, that's surprising to say the least.

I could never find the time to post on both CanucksCorner and Central but I did lurk from time to time as there were some quality discussions on there for several years.

Welcome to the board 'Central posters. We've lost a fair amount of regular posters (including myself, as I only periodically post) and the community is certainly much smaller than what Central was in its heyday but I think you'll find the quality of discussion on these boards is quite high (no canucks.com that's for sure!).

Look forward to some interesting discussions when the season kicks off!

LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

As for the threats on his wife and himself are concerned? You guys? Maybe, I dunno, I highly doubt it by knowing a few of you from Central. However, if this is true, it's a little ironic for me...why? Easy. When GM made "Jason" as part of his board terrorism on me a few years back, he didn't nip it in the bud as I asked him if he could. Instead, even after I told him that "Jason" was threatening my safety and told me to "Look over my shoulder, when I walk in my neighbourhood of the West End" at the time, Chris still let it go. In fact, I had to take a break from the boards and if it wasn't for a couple of the posters sending me private messages, I wouldn't have come back. So if Johansen is truly getting threats, all I gotta say on that is KARMA.

He also disclosed my first and last name in a post he later either locked or deleted and never offered myself a chance for the explanation of any sort of event that happened between Chris and myself. So I don't give a shit what happens to CJ. Since I was banned from Central in relation to hockey and being a part of (and writing for) Canucks Corner; I have a faithful blog following. I have been asked to give my sports opinions in all the newspapers that circulate in the Lower Mainland, a few radio shows including Bill Good's, and been a part of great events with major exposure to my company since I was banned. So CJ can bash me (and with the help of some of you) all that he wants. Since my banning, not only did my business get better, but everything he wanted in terms of exposure and what not for Central... I got a fuck load of, especially in the last year...Again..Karma.

After this one rant...I'm done. I've been a Corner person full time since 2008. Brian gave me a 'home' here, and I'm hope you guys continue to support this site as daily contributors on the boards and if there are a couple of writers amongst you, perhaps you can join our awesome writing team or find your own way to contribute more to the site. Brian has never openly whined about donations being low. There is a reason they are called donations, it's up to you all if you want to financially support the site, but I'll let you know now, if you support Brian's site, he truly appreciates it. So I do encourage you to support him if you want/can. It's not a guilting-obligation here. Brian is a professional, he doesn't 'need' the $ but it would be nice to see some flow come his way, but it's all up to you. We all have families that takes priority.

I cannot tell you all how great it has been being here over the last few years here at Corner. And it's great to see it so lively during the summer months with all you guys coming in and being a part of the site. All I hope is that we all have some respect for each other on an online level and know it's all in fun and games.

I'm hoping for another influx of guys like Pot, Lever and a few others to show. Really glad you guys have made CC your 'home' so quickly. I am truly glad to see you all here, even the ones that I've had rough patches with. If I can get along online with Farhan and our history, I should be able to get along with anyone...but it's a two way street.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

And in the end... content is king, on the web or in a book, you the characters, write the stories, the writer (or web master) is not the one that controls it and if you try to you will create shyte. Ask anyone that has ever tried to create something. Whether it is from a white blank piece of paper or a block of granite. It's already in it. Lightning come from the ground up.
I never once donated to Chris. That's probably why I was banned (and posting GMs PM). I could never figure out how a grown man had to ask for money for a hobby (unless it was a way of living) I told Chris that I would help to provide content and entertain (GM & I carried the place during the lockout year 8-) ).

Feel sorry for the guy, really, to dump on you all after providing so much over the years.

Hey Chris, if you read this, don't give up on life or yourself. Go back to school. Become an Architect (RAIC Syllabus Program ;) ).

Maybe the best thing to happen to you is for CC to end and for you to get a life and channel your energy into things that really matter...

CC is dead

Long live CC!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Arachnid wrote: CC is dead!
Ahem.

BCSC is dead.

8-)

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Arachnid wrote: CC is dead!
Ahem.

BCSC is dead.

8-)
Wot the hell isa BSCB? :eh:

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

As a sporadic user of that goddamn hockey message board for a dozen years... what the hell just happened?!

On my birthday no less... thanks for the present Chris.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hank wrote:As a sporadic user of that goddamn hockey message board for a dozen years... what the hell just happened?!

On my birthday no less... thanks for the present Chris.
Happy Birthday Dans Bro!

+1

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Come on Spidey!

BC SportsCentral

:thumbs:

isle_nuck
CC Rookie

Post by isle_nuck »

I was hardly a frequent poster over at Central, but I've been lurking for nearly a decade, so when I woke up this morning and found the note, I was a little shocked.

As a few have mentioned here already, that was usually the first site I visited in the morning and the last at night. Sure, I didn't post in the open forum, but I always found it entertaining and enjoyed (for the most part) the conversation on the main board. Hell, I was even starting to post into the Whitecaps board to try and build some 'cred to I could post a little easier on the Canucks side of things a little more often in the fall.

I didn't actually see the final threads in the OF that ultimately killed CC, er BCSC, but I felt part of the community and am gladly following those people here and look forward to 'meeting' the locals who are already established. I'm definitely appreciative that there is a place to go to that, from the sounds of it will continue to provide a high level of conversation.

Change is good!

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:Come on Spidey!

BC SportsCentral

:thumbs:
Nope, doesn't ring a bell, turn me on and it will never work.... :drink:

I was banned from CC not BSBC :evil:

Y'all were banned from a gay board, like being banned from a Pride Day Parade...

Hey waddya know? http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/201 ... ision.html let the Rainbow Warrior ride again! ('Hi' Stinks!)

Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

I just joined the day before.

I'm an active user over at HF since '04, but that site has pretty much turned into petty fights and who can be the biggest internet troll. I was looking for some good hockey talk - so I'm hoping everyone rolls over here and that the existing members here are good contributors and there are great conversations ahead.

Fonz

Post by Fonz »

If anyone finds out where Hockey Widow went, I would like to know too...
I'm so sad it disappeared so suddenly...

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Arachnid wrote:Y'all were banned from a gay board, like being banned from a Pride Day Parade...
Have you driven a Ford lately.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote: what the hell just happened?!

On my birthday no less...
You didn't used to post as BobbyBittman by any chance did ya? :D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:
Hank wrote: what the hell just happened?!

On my birthday no less...
You didn't used to post as BobbyBittman by any chance did ya? :D
happy bday hank..

Lofl doc...not sure who is the most caringestest you or me...haha. bobbybittman frikken day..
Getting old is not for the young...