When Power Goes to the Head of a Security Guard

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: When Power Goes to the Head of a Security Guard

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:
Cornuck wrote:From the Forum Rules:
This conversation might fine with you guys, but please remember that we have a lot of other people viewing these posts. if you need to get into deeper conversations, please use the PM system.

Thanks

PS: Has this thread about run its course? Is everyone ready to settle in and leave the old site behind?
First off, apologies for the comment you had to edit. I actually didn't think it crossed the line too far. I guess there are still some grey areas in people's heads (like mine) between the old Open Forum and the Bar & Grill. You're the boss though, so that's that eh.

As for this thread running its course.....

If there is one thing common to the crew from Central, it's that they LOVE to dig up the past every once in a blue moon and toss it around and have a laugh or a bitchfest about it. Very much like most families do at a reunion. Always highly entertaining. Even if you only get half of it. To be honest, it's one of the things that made Central what it was (emphasis on the was), there was a certain comradere there that went beyond what message boards generally boast. At the risk of seeming to slight anyone that has been here for a while, I will say that no other forum that I have viewed has come close to displaying the same. There is a unique repitoire of inside jokes that people from there shared, I will admit that it declined sharply and became the rarity towards the end, I was fortunate enough to be slightly more than a casual observer and participant for a few years, but I'm sure you've already seen what I'm talking about just by reading a few of the interactions between some of these guys (and gal.....yes LB this nod's to you). If everyone had the cash, I'm pretty sure they would have an annual retreat or something, complete with beer garden and Topper supervised BBQ (you know one in which he would be teaching Arach how to actually cook).

So to be honest, I'm not sure it's safe to say that this thread has run its course yet. Maybe the thread. Not the subject or topic. It'll get alluded to for a long while, more and more sporadically, but for a long while. :P

Judging by the conversations here, and the back-and-forth between Doc and a few others like ODB and Rats.....I'd say the settling in question get's "yes" for an answer.
Heh, I could teach you how to drink beer (and show your girlfriend my amp without my nutsack shrivelling up ;) )

I had actually suggested to Chris we have a concert or jam (considering all the musicians on here) to raise funds for the site but he said no :(
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

and Jerry Mathers...as the Beaver...
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Strangelove wrote:Homophobic?

Come now BunBuns it's a little late in the game to play that queer card now isn't it?
I meant the word in its original sense, Doc, "in which the word was used to refer to heterosexual men's fear that others might think they are gay." In that light, it's interesting that you should take my clean and light-hearted cast list joke and immediately bring up sex scenes and such. I agree with Cornuck, there are children reading this, you might want to clean up your act.

(Never thought I'd live to see the day when GM responds to a post of mine with an honest compliment, and you're the one taking the conversation into the gutter. In a rather predictable and unimaginative way, at that. Has the Earth turned itself inside-out? :crazy: )

Hey rats: I appreciate the question, and you do deserve a thoughtful answer. I'll give it in another thread, because this one is turning into a bit of a trainwreck...
Last edited by Sick Bunny on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Spidey has a head start in that he actually eats food unlike the reprocessed liver and whey hydrated protein beverages favoured by someone else we knew.

Is this the appropriate spot to discuss Jack's cancer?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah wotever BunBuns. :roll:
Cornuck wrote: if you need to get into deeper conversations, please use the PM system.
Message received.
Cornuck wrote: PS: Has this thread about run its course? Is everyone ready to settle in and leave the old site behind?
Well the old site will always be a part of us, but I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say we'll adjust to to the rules here.

No doot aboot it.

I wouldn't want to see this thread locked if that's what you mean. I think there may be good cause to post in this thread from time to time over the summer. There remains a need to reminisce somewot methinks. I'd rather see it slowly work it's way down the line...

As the OP i say please feel free to delete any posts that cross the line from this point on!

Fellow ex-Centralites I implore you, let's walk the line buds! :thumbs:
Last edited by Strangelove on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:Spidey has a head start in that he actually eats food unlike the reprocessed liver and whey hydrated protein beverages favoured by someone else we knew.

Is this the appropriate spot to discuss Jack's cancer?
Which one?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

That's good stuff doc..thnx

I have been pushing for everyone to go to thesite and vote for the corner as best sports blog with little success. Kind of payback to brian for putting up with us..still a few days left. Find thread..click link...vote and report new stats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I wonder if Bordernuck will ever make it here.

That guy was good for some entertainment!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Aaronp18 wrote:I wonder if Bordernuck will ever make it here.

klatt- amaniac just signed up. preparing 11 page intro??
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

West Coast Express hasn't found his way here either.

Derailed? Taken out by an inmate?
2011..... the one that got away.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:I wonder if Bordernuck will ever make it here.

A fine piece of ass.

Wow Klatt, our very own front end loader, can I drive him to the airport?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

the mongoloid farm is getting bigger...
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Strangelove wrote:
For those who don't know what we're talking about.... well at our old site, sock accounts were perfectly legitimate (for example the owner/administrator was known to use various sock accounts just to stir things up - Trick/Tiger/RedLicorice/etc). So one summer out of sheer boredom we agreed to all use multiple "socks"!

GM is still traumatized to this very day. :(

;)

Okay, which one of you will admit to being which poster(s)?!! :D

BE HONEST. :evil:
I had a character, which was pretty out of character for me. Any guesses?

Edit -- and I think that the fact that I had a sock that summer indicates just how great the of was that year
Hono_rary Canadian
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

UWSaint wrote: I had a character, which was pretty out of character for me. Any guesses?

Edit -- and I think that the fact that I had a sock that summer indicates just how great the of was that year
WOW U-dub LOL!!

I'd do my usual Central-search-engine mega-search to sniff out your alter-ego, but alas...

I would have never ever ever thought YOU had a sock!

C'mon now you've GOTTA tell us!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

UWSaint wrote: I had a character, which was pretty out of character for me. Any guesses?

U_DUB!

Welcome welcome welcome!

I can't believe you had a sock!

Oh my... there were so many!

Constable Waters, Llama, Jason Voorhees, Iran....

There's more! :thumbs:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P