When Power Goes to the Head of a Security Guard

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Re: When Power Goes to the Head of a Security Guard

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Strangelove wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:LOL,

Doc - I'm pretty sure you're full of shit there bud. :lol:

Red joined Canuckscentral long after Loopy, Wildfaery, Holdengirl (who was Lotusblossom) et, al.
Sorry GM, I should've been more clear. He created Red to draw chicks into the Open Forum.

The gals you mentioned stayed clear of the OF until Red blazed a trail for them...

Say what you will about Chris, but the guy was smart & creative.

Plus he made a pretty sexy cyberchick! :mrgreen:
Dammit Strangelove - I'm trying not to post on here but you've hooked me in. Ok 6 more posts (I'll try and stop at an even 2220) and then I'm done! :P

It's one thing to be creative, but how can someone pretend to be a female poster for years' on end? I can't see Johansen pulling it off. Smart enough - definitely. Interested enough - I doubt it. If he actually did do that then I don't think he would've told anyone.....even you and ODB. He would've had too much fun p3wning Ohdee.

Sorry Doc - I ain't buying what you're selling! :P

EDIT - and no Doc - I'm not upset that CJ was a better sock creator than me. Hell - most people were better sock creator's than me! Most people immediately knew it was me when I created handles. I always did a horrible job of hiding myself. :P
Last edited by Farhan Lalji on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

GM you're just pissed because CJ was an even better sock-creator than you!

lol I'm surprised you never thought of creating a female sock!

Ever wonder about the REAL reason for banning Strangelove?

Well I put up a post in which I accidently sorta-revealed his little secret.

He removed the post and banned my account.

So i sent him an Email apologizing up & down.

I was reinstated, but he made me promise not to ever mention that again.

I found it somewot confusing because he never complained when I told folks he used to be Trick/Tiger.

But I figured okay maybe he's a little embarrassed now??

I knew he was very miffed at me for some of my political posts, thought maybe he was using this as an excuse?

Dunno but a little while later Red came up in OF conversation and oops I alluded to it again.

BANNED FOREVER!

No amount of apologizing would do it this time.

And what was the official reason given: Banned for using a sock.

AT A SITE FAMOUS FOR SOCKS??!!

Wotever.

To be honest it made me wonder if the ole bean swings both ways...

NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT BTW!

But it would explain some things.

For some reason, for about a week, I could still use the PM feature.

So I sent a few PM's to a few folks and mentioned the REAL reason.

They didn't receive those PM's but I'm pretty sure SOMEONE read them.

Hey, I don't really care if people know CJ = RL... but for whatever reason CJ cares...

Me, I always just thought it was hilarious.

ESPECIALLY the part where... someone.... sent him/her some... errr... private shots.

I don't know EVERYTHING that ACTUALLY went down, I only know what my ex-buddy CJ told me.

And now that the site is gone, CJ/RL are gone I figure it's okay to post these things.

Don't know what the big deal is though, a sock is a sock is a sock!
____
Try to focus on someday.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Does anyone know how much video gaming hours it takes to cause carpal tunnel? I'm curious.

I had this discussion with a friend last night at the tailgate and it got me thinking about carpal tunnel syndrome and the amount of gaming it takes to have such a bad case of it.

I'm curious. I'd like some expert opinions about this matter.

Anyone? :look:
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Narg CC
CC Rookie

Post by Narg CC »

Stunned.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Strangelove wrote:BANNED FOREVER!

*Sniff* *sniff* Brings a tear to my eye, it does... Would you consider selling the movie rights? I can just see it now, "Summer Of Love, The Movie", with

Dan Aykroyd & Nicole Kidman as CJ/RL.

Danny De Vito as Strangelove.

Zach Galifianakis as Topper.

Matt LeBlanc as ODB.

Chris Owen as THINKER.

Lucy Liu as LB.

Steve Martin as Don Lever.

Paul Giamatti as Arachnid.

Bugs Bunny as Sick Bunny.

Kevin Costner as rats19.

Rutger Hauer as Per.

Quentin Tarantino as Potatoe.

And introducing Prabhu "Benny Lava" Deva as GM.
Narg CC wrote:Stunned.
... but not as stunned as Ohdee was to be getting this in his inbox!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Sick Bunny wrote:

*Sniff* *sniff* Brings a tear to my eye, it does... Would you consider selling the movie rights? I can just see it now, "Summer Of Love, The Movie", with

Matt LeBlanc as ODB.

Chris Owen as THINKER.

Lucy Liu as LB.

Kevin Costner as rats19.

Rutger Hauer as Per.

Paul Giamatti?! f'awesome! I loved Barney! (well the book, not the film :P )
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Sick Bunny wrote:

Matt LeBlanc as ODB.

Chris Owen as THINKER.

Lucy Liu as LB.

Kevin Costner as rats19.

Rutger Hauer as Per.

LOL.

Congrats Bunny.

You made me laugh....hard.

Didn't know you had it in ya.

Cheers. 8-) :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Great BunBuns but why would we need Kidman...

... and who does the stand-in for Bug’s sex scenes?? :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Strangelove wrote:Great BunBuns but why would we need Kidman...

... and who does the stand-in for Bug’s sex scenes?? :lol:
I hear Lexington Steele is looking to kick-start his mainstream film career. :mex:

Kidman is for the dream sequences, duh! Think Fast Times At Ridgemont High. Or maybe The Big Lebowski. Or American Beauty. She's lying there covered in rose petals, then Ohdee wakes up, and it's Dan Aykroyd with man-tits.

(*sniff* I got a compliment from GM. *sniff* My life's ambitions are complete now. Well, I still need a hug from the Matt LeBlanc character, but I'll have to wait for him to stop sulking I guess. Strictly a man-hug Doc, don't you get your homophobic knickers in a twist!)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I really hate sticking my nose where it dont belong..However.....Bunny, please as honest as you can tell me why you continue the back and forth? I am asking Doc the same question and hope for decent responses from each of you.

My feeling is that you are both educated and intelligent, but the main thing is your are both COMPETITIVE!!!

Is there something else???

rat
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sick Bunny wrote: I hear Lexington Steele is looking to kick-start his mainstream film career. :mex:
Dan Aykroyd and Lexington Steele.

Sex scenes.

Can't say I'm surprised with the picture you're painting there BunBuns.
Sick Bunny wrote: Strictly a man-hug Doc, don't you get your homophobic knickers in a twist!
Homophobic?

Come now BunBuns it's a little late in the game to play that queer card now isn't it?

I was palsy-walsy with you for a coupla years after I knew of it.

The team you play for has nothing to do with my dislike for you and you know it.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

LotusBlossom wrote:Does anyone know how much video gaming hours it takes to cause carpal tunnel? I'm curious.

I had this discussion with a friend last night at the tailgate and it got me thinking about carpal tunnel syndrome and the amount of gaming it takes to have such a bad case of it.

I'm curious. I'd like some expert opinions about this matter.

Anyone? :look:
Best not to ask.

Mod Edit: We don't allow comments like this on the site.

You seem to end up getting a message like:

you are not permitted to view this site from this IP address

...but look who I'm talking to.... I think you got that message before I did.

I guess some people are sensitive about other things too..... :hmmm:

:P
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Homophobic?

Come now BunBuns it's a little late in the game to play that queer card now isn't it?

I was palsy-walsy with you for a coupla years after I knew of it.

The team you play for has nothing to do with my dislike for you and you know it.
I knew it!!!!!

Ok, fine.....I suspected it.

So was it all the anti-gay sentiment that drove Bunny into near seclusion for so long?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

From the Forum Rules:

1. Please respect other posters. This forum is intended as a place to build friendships, Personal attacks will not be tolerated. This site is a hobby and people who make it a pain in the butt to run or any users who continually start squabbles and garner complaints will be punted from the forum.

2. Please remember that fans of all ages visit these forums. While I believe in free speech, excessive vulgarity will not be tolerated. Nor will racial slurs, sexually explicit content or threats made to any member of this site.

-------------
This conversation might fine with you guys, but please remember that we have a lot of other people viewing these posts. if you need to get into deeper conversations, please use the PM system.

Thanks

PS: Has this thread about run its course? Is everyone ready to settle in and leave the old site behind?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote:From the Forum Rules:
This conversation might fine with you guys, but please remember that we have a lot of other people viewing these posts. if you need to get into deeper conversations, please use the PM system.

Thanks

PS: Has this thread about run its course? Is everyone ready to settle in and leave the old site behind?
First off, apologies for the comment you had to edit. I actually didn't think it crossed the line too far. I guess there are still some grey areas in people's heads (like mine) between the old Open Forum and the Bar & Grill. You're the boss though, so that's that eh.

As for this thread running its course.....

If there is one thing common to the crew from Central, it's that they LOVE to dig up the past every once in a blue moon and toss it around and have a laugh or a bitchfest about it. Very much like most families do at a reunion. Always highly entertaining. Even if you only get half of it. To be honest, it's one of the things that made Central what it was (emphasis on the was), there was a certain comradere there that went beyond what message boards generally boast. At the risk of seeming to slight anyone that has been here for a while, I will say that no other forum that I have viewed has come close to displaying the same. There is a unique repitoire of inside jokes that people from there shared, I will admit that it declined sharply and became the rarity towards the end, I was fortunate enough to be slightly more than a casual observer and participant for a few years, but I'm sure you've already seen what I'm talking about just by reading a few of the interactions between some of these guys (and gal.....yes LB this nod's to you). If everyone had the cash, I'm pretty sure they would have an annual retreat or something, complete with beer garden and Topper supervised BBQ (you know one in which he would be teaching Arach how to actually cook).

So to be honest, I'm not sure it's safe to say that this thread has run its course yet. Maybe the thread. Not the subject or topic. It'll get alluded to for a long while, more and more sporadically, but for a long while. :P

Judging by the conversations here, and the back-and-forth between Doc and a few others like ODB and Rats.....I'd say the settling in question get's "yes" for an answer.