When Power Goes to the Head of a Security Guard

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Re: When Power Goes to the Head of a Security Guard

Post by Farhan Lalji »

ClamRussel wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:I figured that you of all people would appreciate the "characters" of Canuckscentral. Guys like you, me, THINKER, CJB, SRSez, Strangelove, ODB, Topper, Narg, Lor, C-Pup, Creeper, Blob McKenzie, paddy, Royaldude, MrHockey, etc., gave the boards such much needed personality and/or antagonists. Guys/gals like donlever, Potatoe, Lotusblossom, UWSaint, Colonel Korn, Tantalum, Southern Canucks, rats, Sick Bunny, Per, Red Licorice/Aurora, BCReefer, MrPink, Nucksin7, CFP, etc., etc. gave the boards some more levelheadedness (if that's the correct term?) and rationality.
What was I, chopped liver? :lol: ...ya sure I migrated over here early but I was posting back there when you were still on mother GM's teet!
Sorry Clam, lol. I didn't mention you (and VanFan) since I figured you guys would be labelled as more 'Corner' guys rather than 'Central'. (even though you both were Central'ers at one point......it was just such a long time ago).

Nonetheless - both you guys would definiltely fall under the 'levelheadedness/rationality' group.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote: But as to Chris, I never had a problem with him, probably never really came to his attention. So I have no complaints. I appreciate all the work he and his merry band of helpers did in starting the board and in keeping it running for so many years. It was a great place for me to hang out in and the one site I tried to stay on top of especially when I was travelling.
So to me Chris did the Canucks community a great service for many years. He (and his helpers) put a lot of time and effort into creating what to me was a very good site. As I said, I was never privy to all the inner workings and all the political stuff that was going on. I was a happy camper and I am appreciative that the board existed in the first place.
I am glad we have this place and I hope that the kinds of things that went on behind the scenes at the other CC don't follow here on this CC. It would be a shame. But for me, I want to say a big thank you to Chris and his helpers for all their work and I wish Chris all the best.
I'm with HW, I never had any problems with Chris, and I'm grateful for him providing one of my favourite sites over the past, what, twelve years or something. I'm not sure exactly how long it's been, but I know I started posting there before the twins crossed the Atlantic, since I remember posting about how they performed in the SEL the year before they headed over.

Anyway, for a Swedish canuck fan like me, it was a great place to hang out, and I was sad to see it go.

I'm glad however to have found pretty much the whole gang gathered again at this site, including some that had gone missing from the old CC. I like what I see here and hope that it will turn out to be just like the old days.

LB, good to see you again!
GM, I always thought you were an excellent poster. I had problems stomaching what you did to LB, but if the two of you have made up, I guess it's all water under the bridge, eh?
Doc, believe it or not, but I even missed you. Good to see you again.

So, seriously, how long till the season starts again? :eh:

Thanks, Brian, for taking us all in.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Per wrote:GM, I always thought you were an excellent poster. I had problems stomaching what you did to LB, but if the two of you have made up, I guess it's all water under the bridge, eh?
Doc, believe it or not, but I even missed you. Good to see you again.

So, seriously, how long till the season starts again? :eh:
Per!

What's up man. Good to see you on here. :) I haven't done much the last few days because it feels like a "family re-union" of sorts on here.....and have been getting re-acquainted with everyone in some form or another.

Thank you for your compliment, and I always enjoyed your posts and insights as well (particularly your political views). I was a young and stupid kid at the time of the Jason/LB stuff and I think I've matured a little since then. The two of us decided it was 'water under the bridge' as well.

I can't wait for the season to start. It was a tough month for me obviously (stomaching the stinging loss to the B's) but I decided that at the end of the day, it was silly to feel incredibly bad for our beloved Canuck athletes who are multi-millionaires, and get to go home to their million dollar mansions, hot wives, and $200,000 dollar cars. At the end of the day, it's just a game that we as fans are lucky enough to appreciate. If anything, they should probably feel sorry for me. :P

Good seeing you again.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

No worries Farhan, I just wanted throw in a GM reference since we're reminiscing & all. Good to have everyone back together plus some new additions. Ya it does feel like a reunion...actually I guess its more like a reception after a funeral but everyone's had a few beers & waxing nostalgic.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Well of course you missed me Per: DUH! :roll:

;)

Yeah don't worry about GM, we keep him heavily sedated these days... :mrgreen:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Strangelove wrote:Yeah don't worry about GM, Brian/Cornuck keep him heavily sedated these days... :mrgreen:
FIXED!

:P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Per wrote: Anyway, for a Swedish canuck fan like me, it was a great place to hang out, and I was sad to see it go.

I'm glad however to have found pretty much the whole gang gathered again at this site, including some that had gone missing from the old CC. I like what I see here and hope that it will turn out to be just like the old days.

Thanks, Brian, for taking us all in.

Per, ya made it!!! Nice to see again. People have been asking about you so it is very nice indeed to have you on board!
The only HW the Canucks need
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

I have pretty much stayed away from this thread because I didn't want to know what happened. I finally gave in and had a look, and well, its a downright fucking shame.

Generally, I like to stick to the HT, but I tried to stay involved in the Books, TV, Gaming, and Random Image threads because I enjoyed those things. Couldn't f___ing stand the political BS so I just stayed away. I tried to post in a couple of political topics a long time ago and CJ and Schmautzie hammered me and I never went back. Shame on me for saying I enjoy paying my own taxes and love my country and it's Government too. That was basically the only thing I added to the political threads and wish I never had. I just couldn't handle the god damn drama.

Look, I haven't been around as long as most of you at Central but I was lurking for at least 3 seasons before i started to post in 06. Every hockey pool (regular and playoff) I was in for at least $50, so lets say I paid $100 a year to be a part of the site. That is a lot of money that I had no problem paying. When I changed my handle I even paypal'd a $20 spot to CJ to thank him for his time. It was worth it IMO. Hell, I even offered creeper some help via PM when he started a thread about needing a job/money or something. Looking back now he was probably like wtf? .... but that's how close I felt to the group there. It really was a great thing you/we had going on.

I moved out of my condo on the 8th of July and never had internet for a couple days and the first god damn place i checked ... before facebook, email ,work email, or banking was the old site. I honestly thought it was just a board issue because I had the HT page in my favourites, and it was a generic error message, and never bothered to go in through the front. I actually saw the post at CP later on that day and then it all came together. Thanks to Blaster for pointing me this way.

I'll admit I was genuinely bummed out about the whole thing. That place had become a cyber home for me, because where I live, no one wants to talk about the Canucks. I was actually kind of choked.

I was no longer friends with drfatsaq on XBox Live, no more BCSportscentral on facebook. I was like WTF? I emailed Chris a very nice well-worded email thanking him for the years and it was kind of my way of fishing for an answer on what happened... Like I say ... I was away from the internet for a few days and hadn't seen anything (bannings, etc.) his response was the lamest, most generic response: "Thanks, I appreciate that."

Now, on to my new home. Thanks to Brian and the mods for being so welcoming. I am sure you have had mixed emotions about the flood of new members but I assure you, you have a paying, respectful customer in me and I will contribute as much as I can to keep the site going.

HAI-YA!!!!

In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

All right with all the new handles....I've figured out some, but who the fuck is "silver" ?
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Narg CC
CC Rookie

Post by Narg CC »

Wow, I can't believe how much money you guys gave him. I think I gave $50 total. He is foolish.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:All right with all the new handles....I've figured out some, but who the fuck is "silver" ?
Either Shazaam or svts I believe.

He has impled that he was Fruity Pants II (which at one point, was either svts's or Shaazam's temporary handle nickname after losing a bet).

Given the slightly 'holier than thou' attitude, along with what appears to be limited charisma and personality, I suspect that it's Shaazam. :lol:

(no offense intended 'silver')

He also appears to dislike ODB (as Shaazam did).
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:All right with all the new handles....I've figured out some, but who the fuck is "silver" ?

Svts... :thumbs:
Getting old is not for the young...
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

rats19 wrote:

Svts... :thumbs:
Yikes.

With all due respect to Lotusblossom ODB, Arachnid, Sick Bunny, Calgarypuck.com, and dozens upon dozens of others who were uncerimoniously knocked on their ass by me ( ;) ), my bodycheck on svts was perhaps the most lethal. Aaron Rome on Nathan Horton times FOUR (4) is what would be my estimate.

svts - if you are reading this, and know who I am, I genuinely do feel bad about what I said to you. Even at that time when I said what I said, there was a large part of me that wished that I could've have taken back what I said. For whatever it's worth though, my comment towards you was what ultimately got me canned.

I am glad that you are doing well and am glad that you are on the boards.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

it took some time but i finally found you fine people...i dont really know what went on nor do i really give a shit...i just want to know how to get my goddamn avatar working and who do i send my donation to...i miss Eddy...he's probaby out there smoking a big one searching for that virtual 7-11...i am gonna load up my vapourizer for him...
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Oh well I at least went out with the highest plus ranking ever in CC history. Image
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."