When Power Goes to the Head of a Security Guard

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
CC Legend

Re: When Power Goes to the Head of a Security Guard

Post by SKYO »

ODB wrote:Wowzers... I go and check out the HF boards and there are rumors about what happened...
Yup, after I got banned I went there to get my Canucks fix, its a cool place, crazy busy with tonnes of posters.
comparing it to the old cc, its like going from small town side street driving to the LA freeways - fast and furious.

Crazy hot in Saskymammyrammer there Ol'Dirty?
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Spud wrote a fair synopsis.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

ODB wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Never figured that out . Between you and rats why would dudes like you guys get booted ?
If I wasn't kicked out CC I could show you why Spidey was punted! I kept that PM for years and I'd go back and give it a read every now and then. Pure Evil that PM was, pure Evil! Fuckin funny and if we're to be honest it was by and large all true.

Spidey I know the odds are long but come on buddy, if by any chance you still have it you gotta post it! :thumbs:
Man the money I'd give to see some of your guy's PM's on the old cc!
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

SKYO wrote:
ODB wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Never figured that out . Between you and rats why would dudes like you guys get booted ?
If I wasn't kicked out CC I could show you why Spidey was punted! I kept that PM for years and I'd go back and give it a read every now and then. Pure Evil that PM was, pure Evil! Fuckin funny and if we're to be honest it was by and large all true.

Spidey I know the odds are long but come on buddy, if by any chance you still have it you gotta post it! :thumbs:
$5/PM Just send me your Credit Card info and I'll send it post haste! Who'd a thunk that shyte would be worth moola.

Content IS King eh?! CJ?

The comic strip is gonna get even more material now :cheers:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Someone need to get a hold of Lever, HW, and Per to tell them to post here.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:Man the money I'd give to see some of your guy's PM's on the old cc!
One of the reasons I contributed was the unlimited pm storage and one of the many reason I stopped contributing was the loss of my pm library in the last bungled board software upgrade.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote:
One of the reasons I contributed was the unlimited pm storage and one of the many reason I stopped contributing was the loss of my pm library in the last bungled board software upgrade.
No doubt, you had diamond status a ton! :o

Still, the PM's that you, ODB, Creeper, SL, etc must had, must be priceless over the years! I only a had few from creeper and the like.

Thats insane, I was so cheap I only contributed like $30 when it was all said and done. :D
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

SKYO wrote:
Topper wrote:
No doubt, you had diamond status a ton! :o

Still, the PM's that you, ODB, Creeper, SL, etc must had, must be priceless over the years! I only a had few from creeper and the like.

Thats insane, I was so cheap I only contributed like $30 when it was all said and done. :D
You guys never exported your PMs when they got too full? You have to do that here...butt then again, they are Golden now aren't they 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

then again, they are Golden now aren't they 8-)
Priceless!!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I laughed so hard at ohdee one day, after he donated hi@ pm storage went to 1000000 he posted I want a 100000000000000 bazillion or something like that...I laughed hard.

We ddnt have to export spidey..hindsight says...smart
Getting old is not for the young...
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Well I just don't know where to freakin' begin here. *didn't read the forum rules closely so I'm not sure if I can swear like I did at Central*

I guess if Calpuck is already got a thread on the demise of CC then it was successful? http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=107250

It's great to see the regulars over here and already stirring the juice so to speak. I have been pretty vacant the last few months at CC- posting here and there but this was way, way way out of left field, at least for me. Life has kinda taken away some free time and that is cool but after a few actions and some hindsight I guess I should have seen the writing on the wall.

First guy to tip me off was ODB, thanks bud! Your PM was what set the lightbulb off.

However if I look back the biggest catalyst for the end was when Chris banned Doc and Topper. I never understood why but it seems like two 'members' became more important to the site than the site itself. No disrespect meant to, OD, Spidey, Rats, Creep Wheelchair, SC, EPC, HW, S_C, Pot, Blob, Aaron, Tant... and whoever else I can't remember.

What Chris seemed to miss in my modest and humble opinion that was Doc and Topper, among others were a draw to the site. People eventually found there way to the OF and when you did your creed, political stripe, beliefs were challenged. It was a right of passage and that was the draw. It took me years to start posting in the OF but once I did I had my game stung and that was okay. I had to earn respect and that really is how it should be. It took time, more than a few lumps but what you did learn was how talk, post and discuss. Think of the battles Per and Doc waged for years. It never got mean but that was because neither wanted to be mean, they wanted to debate. The fault of the OF, and IMHO, was Chris didn't Mod it right and like a child growing up if you give it too much freedom getting control back is a real bitch!

As for Chris, if you do come across this, I wish you the best. Whether life works out the way you want in the future or to now is up to you. While you may have some challenges, don't blame the world for it. Look around, see the true suffering and realize how much you have. I have three relatives with cancer right now and all would love to have the chronic pain in there hands which you experience. If you can't your hands find out what a Saudi convicted of theft does to survive, really. Not being an ass just saying there are people who can't move a limb and work... one is an MP even. You have a lovely wife from the photos I saw and you need to seize life and move forward with her and make the most of it.

However, talking about Chris does not come without some observations, good and bad. I think he really wanted to build something great with the site but it got beyond his ability, his expertise and his vision. I also think he blamed far too many '3rd parties' for failures in his life. I never really sense any joy from him in anything he revealed. No sign of enthusiasm for anything, even his wedding seemed glum by his account. I feel for people who cannot (at least to my impression and understanding) find joy no matter how small- Chris just seemed that way with everything.

So no matter where you go there you are and I'm here with a lot of other great folks. Looking forward to seeing renewed energy and some great f-ing banter again. Waiting for Creeps err...J-Rod to post something outrageous to get the ball rolling.

J-Rod why don't you tell us about this year's feud with that redneck d-bag who doesn't own a lawnmower? LOL!! tkae him out for a beer and dose him with 5 Oxcy pills! :D :D

Good to see you all here.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
creeper
CC Veteran

Post by creeper »

SKYO wrote:
ODB wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Money??? You don't have any money! You offered to donate dozens of times over the years but came up shorter than my dick after summer ice bath......
creeper
CC Veteran

Post by creeper »

Vpete wrote: Waiting for Creeps err...J-Rod to post something outrageous to get the ball rolling.

J-Rod why don't you tell us about this year's feud with that redneck d-bag who doesn't own a lawnmower? LOL!! tkae him out for a beer and dose him with 5 Oxcy pills! :D :D

Good to see you all here.
==

Yeah I can only imaging how much $$$ Topper donated to Chris's site over 10 years only to have chris ban him because of a couple disagreements......

I probably donated $1000.00 over the 5 years I was there - money well spend as I got a hell of alot of entainment out of it for much less tha a dollar a day.

I tried to get the ball rolling Pete on a true story! I started a new thread about it entilted Ohdee...... I won a grand prize on a Texas holdem ticket which comes with 4 nights in a 5 star hotel, $1000.00 US spending money and a seat at the 2012 WSOP.....I can opt for $15 000 payout or sell it to someone...... you interested?

$15 000 would be sweet but I know my cyber-bro Ohdee loves poker so I'm hoping we can strike a deal.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Whats up Peter ?
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
creeper
CC Veteran

Post by creeper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Whats up Peter ?
post o

Hi Blob, always got a chuckle out of alot your HT posts...... I know you're not new here but it would be nice to see you post in the 18 A forum!