When Power Goes to the Head of a Security Guard

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: When Power Goes to the Head of a Security Guard

Post by Carlyee »

Southern_Canuck wrote:
ODB, I don't know how you would take it if there was a thread about you in a public forum that made fun of your career, called your wife a mutt, and took jabs at your disabilities - but for most people, I think it would make them angry.

So I chalk this one up to actions made in anger. I think he was tired of having the site, for the most part, so it provided a good excuse to shutter it. It's not how I would have envisioned things playing out if the site was due to close down, but it is what it is.

S_C
ODB would probably call the thread creator a bumblecnut and kick sand (digitally) in his face.

For the record I thought his wife was cute. If she's a mutt there is no hope for a lot of ladies.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Seriously he didn't even send an email or contact you that he was potentially going to shut it down?

But I thought he had been thinking about this since April?

And he never mentioned anything to you about possibly shutting er down.

Wow

What a complete kick in the balls, you and lever must feel so valued. Man I don't feel all that bad about being sent packing for no reason anymore.

Maybe Pot's right, if he didn't give S_C the heads up maybe he didn't even give lever the heads up either. Man we may never hear from the don.

Oh and i still think you went a little cuckoo the past few weeks after the big loss. Let it go Dave Pr..... er S_C, let it go!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SC I had no real problem with you until you pissed and moaned ad nauseum about the Grabner trade and basically bombed the shit out of the board like Klitt on July 1st. I realize that is one's prerogative but it got a little annoying to read the biased hate of Keith Ballard on a daily basis for 6 months . You seemed so obtuse and while i can admit the trade THUS FAR has been a failure I hope you one day can admit it if Ballard turns his play around and becomes an asset to the team. To say AV didn't sandbag the guy is asinine.It's on Ballard for sure to play better but AV gave him no chance to succeed.

I probably shouldn't have bashed you like I did because as I said in the past we had no problem with each other and I appreciated your contributions to the other site. I was pretty pissed off about being suspended a couple months back and I was pissed to see the trainwreck that went on in the last week and the way the site went downhill recently. If you had nothing to do with me getting booted and suspended then I apologize for spouting off about you.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Southern_Canuck wrote:
ODB, I don't know how you would take it if there was a thread about you in a public forum that made fun of your career, called your wife a mutt, and took jabs at your disabilities - but for most people, I think it would make them angry.

S_C
First of all... wake up SC, the above has happened to me hundreds of times. Ummmm how about the time my wife was days away from giving birth to our first born and GM sent me and half of Central a PM saying he hoped my wife and kid died in child birth?

How can CJ's actions be be chalked up to anger but mine not?

I made fun of him (I didn't call his wife a mutt :evil: ) but I chalk all that up to actions made in anger!

Holy shit SC, I'd bet you a hundred bucks Brian would give me a warning before banning me from this site! What did I possibly do that's so bad, that after 15 years, I get banned (and erased, this is the 6th time I've brought that up so you know it irks me) without so much as a word of warning!

Bullshit... the entire thing is bullshit! :bang:

Can't believe you'd make excuses for him?!?!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

ODB wrote:I made fun of him (I didn't call his wife a mutt :evil: ) but I chalk all that up to actions made in anger!
Technically that's correct, you said she if a mutt (viewtopic.php?p=105591#p105591... I just assumed you mispelled is.
ODB wrote:Can't believe you'd make excuses for him?!?!
No, not excuses, just trying to speculate as to what would make him make such a move. The truth is that your guess is as good as mine.

I'll miss donlever - that is one guy that I got to know through his actions and PMs over the years. We enjoyed several common interests, he gave me good advice, and he was a level-headed person to do moderating with.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Southern_Canuck wrote:
ODB wrote:I made fun of him (I didn't call his wife a mutt :evil: ) but I chalk all that up to actions made in anger!
Technically that's correct, you said she if a mutt (viewtopic.php?p=105591#p105591... I just assumed you mispelled is.
ODB wrote:Can't believe you'd make excuses for him?!?!
No, not excuses, just trying to speculate as to what would make him make such a move. The truth is that your guess is as good as mine.

I'll miss donlever - that is one guy that I got to know through his actions and PMs over the years. We enjoyed several common interests, he gave me good advice, and he was a level-headed person to do moderating with.

S_C
Damn..... That's what happens when you call a guy 237 bad names. You lost track! :mex:
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I was pretty shocked to see the site down last night. Frankly other than Doc and Topper being banned I had been totally unaware of what went down until I read a post by Pot over at HFBoards.. I just assumed the OF was particularly dead this summer.

A lot of people in here seem pretty angry about what's transpired over the last year - I don't really blame them, I'd be furious after sinking time, money and energy into that site for years.

Chris probably feels similarly.

It's unfortunate things ended the way they have, but - if he was as tired of the whole thing as he says and if this site is going to work out as nicely as it looks then it's not a great loss.

Anyway.. nice to see some of CC's biggest personalities still around. Hopefully folks like HW and creeper make their way over here as well.

I would add donnie to that list as well but based on his posting lately one gets the sense this might have been it for him.. which is a god damned shame if true. If anyone has ties to him outside the site please pass on my best wishes.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hello Dave. Creeper is now J-Rod (I think he lost a bet). Yeah we'll probably never see old Donny again. :cry:

Someone's gotta find HW....
____
Try to focus on someday.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Hello DBR! Very happy you found us! The Corner will love you... one of the best posters both HT and OF in Central history!

:thumbs:
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Hi guys. Thanks for the welcome.
Strangelove wrote:Creeper is now J-Rod (I think he lost a bet).
Perhaps he's just trying to evade his wife's prying eyes... :sly:
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

dbr wrote:Hi guys. Thanks for the welcome.
Strangelove wrote:Creeper is now J-Rod (I think he lost a bet).
Perhaps he's just trying to evade his wife's prying eyes... :sly:
Bikerdude did just that. Left Central for four years because he meet a new chick and he was worried she'd stumble onto the site and read all the filth he had spewed out for the previous few years. When he finally returned he came back as Royal Dude!

BTW, Anyone that fell for his HT shtick at Central was had... he trolled them all winter!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"Royal Dude" lol sounds like someone who would date a guy named "J-Rod"....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hoss
CC Rookie

Post by Hoss »

ODB wrote:. His opinions became very anti American, pro pinkoish! And if you didn't agree he's belittle ya and you couldn't say anything back!
I stopped going to the OF because the little bastard pissed me off so much. I allowed my buttons to be easily pushed by anti-American sentiments, admittedly, but Chris' bullshit on that end was out of hand. Funny thing was, I hate the US government in its current incarnation almost as much as a Ron Paul Troglodyte... but when you come at with the "I'd rather Canada shared a border with Latvia" bullshit my Irish blood is going to take that personally. And then the shitbrick comes out and says his dad is an American. Well well. I guess that means he doesn't want to live next to his relatives.

I'm a Canucks fan because I'm from the frigging Northwest and I love hockey, and I lived under Orland Kurtenbach's roof for 9 months when I was a kid (my old man rented a house he owned down here!) The border is there and the money is different and the politics are whack, but c'mon you Danish Aussie and .... gasp .... Yank bastard. I get rained on 8 months a year, sweep Doug Fir needles off my driveway and suck down a pot of coffee every morning too.

I'm going to go rip down a cig and suck down a few swills of Ranier in CJ's honor.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ODB wrote:BTW, Anyone that fell for his HT shtick at Central was had... he trolled them all winter!
Blob and Dude had their tongues firmly in each others cheeks on Ballard, butt sc was serious.

Kept me laughing every time some one would try to debate them.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Wowzers... I go and check out the HF boards and there are rumors about what happened...