Home Entertainment Discussion

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Home Entertainment Discussion

Post by ODB »

Topper wrote:
ODB wrote: I wonder if I told Bell I was missing the start of the CFL season, they would work faster or slower.
Fuck Bell sucks... but they are the best available so I take it in the hoop! I'll help if you keep close eye on the news waiting for the next time they get fined. So far Bell has been fined 11.5 million in the last year. :drink:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Creeper...

This is currently the best display on the market!

https://panasonic.ca/english/audiovideo ... 65vt30.asp

It's got the best blacks best 3D yadda yadda yadda!

You should be able to get the 55 incher for somewhere around 2500 tax in! The 65 incher for about 4000.

I'd make the jump to the 65 in a second. Man I paid 6000 for a 42 inch 720 POS back in the day. 4000 for that display is a steal. I'm just not in the mood to get new gear because my kid watches playhouse disney all the time. Fuckin 4k on a display so my kid can chuck transformers at it... :crazy:

Buy your asked so.... open your wallet ya cheap fkack!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ODB wrote:Creeper...
You should be able to get the 55 incher for somewhere around 2500 tax in! The 65 incher for about 4000.
They only toss in a single set of glasses. :lol:

Well played Ohdee. :sly:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

ODB wrote:
Topper wrote:
ODB wrote: I wonder if I told Bell I was missing the start of the CFL season, they would work faster or slower.
Fuck Bell sucks... but they are the best available so I take it in the hoop! I'll help if you keep close eye on the news waiting for the next time they get fined. So far Bell has been fined 11.5 million in the last year. :drink:
Apparently, many here in BC (I have yet to switch) have gone Telus Optik TV, do they offer that in Saskatchewan? Anyone I have heard who has it seems to really like it and would never go back to either Shaw, Bell, Star Choice...etc.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Apparently, many here in BC (I have yet to switch) have gone Telus Optik TV, do they offer that in Saskatchewan? Anyone I have heard who has it seems to really like it and would never go back to either Shaw, Bell, Star Choice...etc.
No we don't have that here... yet! Bell really is as good as it gets in saskamammyrammer! :(
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Optic isn't available in my area, Telus Satellite is, but it is owned and operated by Bell.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Free OTA HDTV works in the Golden Shower...er...HorseShoe...

Got a projector when I went back to school full time 2 years ago thinking at least I can enjoy Movie night as cheap student entertainment but I also picked up an HDTV Tuner (most flat screens have a ATSC or QAM built in). Add a simple flat antenna and voila... 20 free HD channels. Watched the World Cup, Olympics and the Hockey Playoffs in a better uncompressed signal than those that use the standard Bell or Rogers feeds (indeed, my buddy hosted a SuperBowl party and asked me to bring my HDTV Tuner for his projector so we could watch the better U.S. feed from Buffalo and the real commercials -loved the Benz one 8-) ).

http://www.remotecentral.com/hdtv/index.html

All analog stations must broadcast free digital signals in Canada by the end August this year (yah hear dat TVO?! :evil: )

Is there anything else on TV worth watching though besides Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and Weeds?

Imp!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
creeper
CC Veteran

Post by creeper »

Spiderman I was under the impression you are in your mid- forties...... so like what the hell are you doing as a full-time student???

I'm baffled...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

J-Rod wrote:Spiderman I was under the impression you are in your mid- forties...... so like what the hell are you doing as a full-time student???

I'm baffled...
Well, creeps, yeah see...my story...

When I was a professor I wasn't allowed to fuck my students (and when a gaggle of little Columbian chickeetass follows you around all day it's hard...oh soooo hard) and the only way around it was to become one of them....I just love fucking students...er...being one :drink:

I'm a big mean and lean Greenie so an opportunity came up to go back to school and study something near and dear to my heart I could not refuse....I mean it's pretty much the same shit I did afore in animation and New World archeology but cooler waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler 8-) ...(except for fucking young co-eds part :mex: )

You only have one dick, j-bag use it wisely!
creeper
CC Veteran

Post by creeper »

Cornuck wrote:I picked up a 60" DLP TV for Christmas - really nice image and best price for size. It was just under US$800 on Amazon on Black Friday last year.
Actually that would probably be perfect for the kids room... it was supposed to be my man-cave when we first moved in less than two years ago. I got ripped off! :mad:

Sounds like a great price but it wouldn't be much of an upgrade...

Still thinking - no rush right?
creeper
CC Veteran

Post by creeper »

Arachnid wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Spiderman I was under the impression you are in your mid- forties...... so like what the hell are you doing as a full-time student???

I'm baffled...
Now I'm even more confused! I was also under the impression you have kids so like how the hell do you financially survive? :o

Don't mind me I'm just thinking out loud.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

J-Rod wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

I'm baffled...
Now I'm even more confused! I was also under the impression you have kids so like how the hell do you financially survive? :o

Don't mind me I'm just thinking out loud.
Why? Did you want to do it too? You caaaaaaan dooooooooo iiiiiiiit...won't cost you a thing (except reeking havoc on social life due to all the homework :evil: ).

Just have to follow all the pieces, use the system against itself, manipulate the white wo(man), discover conspiracy secrets and use them to blackmail people for your own gain and do what ever the fuck you want in life (oh yeah, it helps to get kicked off an internet message board so you don't waist your life posting shyte 8-) ).

Not quite done yet, a few more and I will be exactly where I wanna be...and I owe it all to you guys...no really...

Um, did I tell you I wrote a comic about you all? Some have seen it...it does exist...just like UFOs...um...send me your addy and you will get royalty checks :|

:mrgreen:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Am i a star in said comic book?

Rats backwards is star...afterall :mrgreen:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
creeper
CC Veteran

Post by creeper »

Really a comic book eh?

Shoulda contacted me for some ideas as I have a boat load!

What was my name?

Creemer?
Last edited by creeper on Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
creeper
CC Veteran

Post by creeper »

Topper wrote:
ODB wrote:Creeper...
They only toss in a single set of glasses. :lol:

Well played Ohdee. :sly:
Whatever I would NEVER buy a 3-D TV.... watching 3-D makes me dizzy and physically sick