Mini CC meet & greet

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Bret H
MVP
MVP

Mini CC meet & greet

Post by Bret H »

I'm in Vancouver for the Naslund night, Canucks vs Tampa, on Dec 11th. Anyone care for a pre-game or post-game beer or two, or maybe direct me to the best pre-game sports bar, let me know!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: Mini CC meet & greet

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I would do but i'm just back home again for 8 hours. It was a blast being in Van again even if nobody out of this board showed up...go Canucks goooooo.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Sorry to hear that Cookie, I would have thought a few of the GVR folks would have made it.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Don't care i had enough "action" anyways. ;) Nevertheless would have been nice.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Don't care i had enough "action" anyways. ;) Nevertheless would have been nice.

i was planning on making it out but i got hit by a couple unfortunate speeding tickets. didnt have the money mate
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I had it planned to come out util the last minute. I think a big problem is that any days chosen other than a friday or saturday are going to be tough, if we want people to come out and play and party it must be a friday or saturday.
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

I would do but i'm just back home again for 8 hours. It was a blast being in Van again...
Maybe we'll have to have our own meet & greet on this side of the pond some time ;-)

Cookie, did you go to Two Perrots Perch & Grill...? Was it any good...? Anything else to recommend? I haven't been in Van for eight years so it'll be great to be back, but as I only have 24 hours I can't spend too much time running around trying to find the best place to go :)
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Only 24 hours ? That's damn short.

The best place to go is difficult, it depends on your taste. I like the Parrots but maybe just because i know some people there. Considering that you'll be at the game i would recommend the Shark Club on Georgia St. just around the corner. Lots of fans there before and after the game. We did our first CC meet & greet there in 2006...
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Bret H wrote:
I would do but i'm just back home again for 8 hours. It was a blast being in Van again...
Maybe we'll have to have our own meet & greet on this side of the pond some time ;-)

Cookie, did you go to Two Perrots Perch & Grill...? Was it any good...? Anything else to recommend? I haven't been in Van for eight years so it'll be great to be back, but as I only have 24 hours I can't spend too much time running around trying to find the best place to go :)
Bret, Shark Club is as good as any to go for a pre-game drink. Ask for Davida ;) (jk, she's no longer there but she was a 'legendary' fixture there for years).

Doors open at 5pm that night and puck drop isn't until 7:30 so the ceremony can be done and televised properly.

Post game would be difficult because regardless if the Canucks win or not, it would be busy downtown. I recommend my home away from home, The Bayside Lounge on Davie and Denman. Everybody apparently knows my name there... :eh: :drink:
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Thanks LB, I'll probably give them both a try... my flight arrives at about 12:45 and it's probably 14:30 before I'm in the city. Hope I can at least manage one pre-game drink before it's time to head to GM... sorry, Rogers Arena.