The Weight Gain Challenge

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: The Weight Gain Challenge

Post by Topper »

Arachnid wrote: Playoff beer...hmmm after my school presentation today am going to the LCBO to pick some good ol' hockey beers. I think it will be a different style each round...funny thing is, local micros the past few years have mostly surpassed the Belgian/UK Euro swill I usually quaff in terms of taste, quality and freshness(that can't be emphasized enough).
In the basement I have a collection of Fullers Anniversary Ales going back to 2006 (drank my 2005's a couple of months ago), and some Tree Double Hop Heads from three years ago.

I've done some vertical tastings of the Double Hop Heads and the older ones have a much fuller rounder flavour and longer aftertaste. Damn enjoyable. I know not all beers will stand the test of time, but when they do ....... yum.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Playoff beer...hmmm after my school presentation today am going to the LCBO to pick some good ol' hockey beers. I think it will be a different style each round...funny thing is, local micros the past few years have mostly surpassed the Belgian/UK Euro swill I usually quaff in terms of taste, quality and freshness(that can't be emphasized enough).
In the basement I have a collection of Fullers Anniversary Ales going back to 2006 (drank my 2005's a couple of months ago), and some Tree Double Hop Heads from three years ago.

I've done some vertical tastings of the Double Hop Heads and the older ones have a much fuller rounder flavour and longer aftertaste. Damn enjoyable. I know not all beers will stand the test of time, but when they do ....... yum.
A few are better aged but the one true brew to bind them all...cask conditioned, cellar temped ale, hand pumped is best consumed in a fortnight :D

Sam Adams has some great storage beers... Niagara Falls Ice Bock was also an amazing one to have around after a few years...

Fuck, ya bastich! I'm thirst'n for a hopper right now but have a Monster in hand to get this paper done :evil:

It's fuck'n playoff hockey baby! :drunk:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

OK TopTop you win, I'll make you happy (seen as how you make us happy with your esoteric humour which some us get butt chose to ignore because it tastes bad :evil: )...

Swiss Chard...can be a little bitter for some but do it up this way and the nutritional values are disguised by the flavour... 8-)

2 bunches Swiss chard, (2-1/2 pound/1.25 kg)
4 tsp (18 mL) soy sauce
1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds, toasted
2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
1 tsp (5 mL) maple sugar

Remove stems from Swiss chard and reserve for another use. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook leaves for 1 minute; drain in colander and rinse under cold water. Press to extract as much liquid as possible; transfer to bowl.

In small bowl, mix together soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil and maple sugar; pour over leaves and toss to coat.

vitamin K715.9%
vitamin A214.3%
vitamin C52.5%
magnesium37.6%
manganese28.9%
potassium27.4%
iron22%
vitamin E16.5%
fiber14.6%
copper14.4%
choline11.8%
calcium10.1%
tryptophan9.3%
vitamin B28.8%
vitamin B67.5%
protein6.5%
phosphorus5.7%
vitamin B14%
folate3.9%
zinc3.8%
biotin3.5%
vitamin B33.1%
vitamin B52.8%
Calories (35)1%

Red Snapper

2 red snapper fillets, about 6 to 8 ounces each
4 tablespoons EVOOO (*see above rant)
1 medium clove garlic, pressed or minced
3 or 4 drops Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning, or your own favorite seasoning blend, with salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives, optional

45 calories, 29 g of protein, 2 g of fat, 0 g of saturated fat, 0 g of carbohydrates, 53 mg of cholesterol and 64.5 mg of sodium. Red snapper is particularly rich in vitamins B-6 and B-12, providing 0.52 mg of B-6 or 26 percent of the recommended daily value, or DV, and 3.97 mcg of vitamin B-12, or 66 percent of the DV per 4 oz. cooked portion. Red snapper is also high in certain minerals, such as potassium, phosphorus and selenium. A 4 oz. portion provides 592 mg of potassium, or 17 percent of the DV; 228 mg of phosphorus, or 23 percent of the DV and 55.6 mcg of selenium, or 79 percent of the DV.Omega-3 fatty acids.

Not the biggest fan of rice or brown rice after switching to Quinoa from a nutrient aspect. Good fibre is all....goes with the spicy snapper and sweet, salty sesame chard

Organic Brown Short Grain Rice

manganese88%
selenium27.3%
magnesium20.9%
tryptophan18.7%
Calories (216)12%
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Double Rainbow Trout on Quinoa, Mung Beans & Hemp Hearts....ahhhhhh feel that....
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

You'd thinking breaking up with a crazy ex would make me want to lose weight..nope, gained about 15-20lbs since last year :mad:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:You'd thinking breaking up with a crazy ex would make me want to lose weight..nope, gained about 15-20lbs since last year :mad:
Lucky you.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Beaners!

Been drink'n this once a day all Summer (too hot for bacon & eggs :wink: ).

Good nutrition and energy...

http://www.gardenoflife.com/Productsfor ... fault.aspx

I use a banana or a peach and low sugar juice like Happy Planet Acai Berry Bliss

This way I can drink more micro-brew and keep my girlluv'n figure :mrgreen:

Yer velcome my west coast wet back friends 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

As I've been saying, a waste of money.....

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... onal-food/

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:As I've been saying, a waste of money.....

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... onal-food/
Go ahead, keep feeding your kid shit... 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Going against the graine of this thread's title.....

I'm down 27 lbs since August 17.

Fuck is my diet boring right now though.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

As I have been saying, who is going to play god and tell these folks they must die.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/19 ... in-africa/

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:As I have been saying, who is going to play god and tell these folks they must die.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/19 ... in-africa/
Heh, we all now you love the Africans... :roll:

One lone voice among many that say local organic is the way to go. Rising fossil fuel prices, unproven GMO, irresponsible biofuel production and a focus on Sustainable Development, like less food waste (efficiency), new sources of food (bugs and sea vegetables (soylent green?! :shock: ) all tied to running out of resources.

Food security is not about Big Ag and Petrochemical companies coming up with scientific solutions to world hunger. It's about teaching people to fish, responsibly (ask Doc breath, it even says that in his Bad Book ;) ).

http://www.springerlink.com/content/8712630516501782/

Doesn't take a brainiac to figure that one out, unless you've been lost in the woods for a while... 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Arachnid wrote:Food security is not about Big Ag and Petrochemical companies coming up with scientific solutions to world hunger. It's about teaching people to fish, responsibly (ask Doc breath, it even says that in his Bad Book ;)
Nice ideals, but it still doesn't feed the earth's current population.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Food security is not about Big Ag and Petrochemical companies coming up with scientific solutions to world hunger. It's about teaching people to fish, responsibly (ask Doc breath, it even says that in his Bad Book ;)
We cannot support the earths current population or future if you keep consuming all those big smacs 8-)

do the math :/
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Arachnid wrote:
Topper wrote:
We cannot support the earths current population or future if you keep consuming all those big smacs 8-)

do the math :/
With a smaller NHL with fewer teams, we don't need so many fans so let em starve.