ERIC TILLMAN

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

ERIC TILLMAN

Post by DavidPratt_ »

LET ME BEGIN THIS BY MAKING A FEW THINGS PERFECTLY CLEAR…
THE FIRST IS…
2 YEARS AGO ERIC TILLMAN MADE A SERIOUS MISTAKE…
WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF BOTH A “SLEEP AID” AND “PAIN KILLERS” HE PUT HIS ARMS AROUND HIS 16 YEAR OLD BABY SISTER…AND PULLED HER…TOWARD HIM…
THAT IS SEXUAL ASSAULT…PLAIN AND SIMPLE…
LAST JANUARY TILLMAN PLEADED GUILTY AND WAS GIVEN AN ABSOLUTE DISCHARGE…
NEVERTHELESS…ON THE COURTHOUSE STEPS…TILLMAN MADE NO EXCUSES…
IN HIS WORDS…”I ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY…I AM PROFOUNDLY SORRY…IT’S A REGRET I’LL TAKE TO MY GRAVE”…
THE SECOND THING I WANT TO MAKE PERFECTLY CLEAR IS THIS…
I HAVE KNOWN ERIC TILLMAN FOR 20 YEARS AND CONSIDER HIM A FRIEND…
SO TODAY…I AM HAPPY TO SEE…THAT THE EDMONTON ESKIMOES NAMED HIM…THEIR NEW GENERAL MANAGER…
AND IN DOING SO…HAVE GIVEN HIM THE OPPORTUNITY TO REBUILD HIS CAREER…AND REGAIN HIS LIFE…
SADLY NOT EVERYBODY IN EDMONTON FEELS THAT WAY…
THE NATIONAL POST NOW REPORTS…THAT AN ON LINE SURVEY IN EDMONTON SAYS THAT MORE THAN 70 PERCENT OF FANS IN THAT CITY ARE OPPOSED TO THE HIRING…
AND SOME OF THEM ARE NOW THREATENING TO NEVER ATTEND ANOTHER ESKIMO GAME…
THE DOUBLE STANDARD AMOUNGST SOME FANS…IS TO SAY THE LEAST “DISTRUBING”…
THESE ARE THE SAME TYPE OF FANS WHO HAVE NO PROBLEM GIVING A PASS TO “ATHLETES” FOR THEIR SEXUAL MISCONDUCT…
THAT LIST INCLUDES THE LIKES OF…
BEN ROETHLISBERGER…
TIGER WOODS…
KOBE BRYANT…AND MIKE TYSON…TO NAME A FEW…
IN A FEW WEEKS FROM NOW…DINO CICCARELLI WILL BE INDUCTED IN THE HOCKEY HALL OF FAME…
BASED ON HIS PEFORMANCE ON THE ICE…CICCARELLI HAS EARNED THE HONOR…
BUT KEEP IN MIND…THIS IS THE SAME DINO CICCARELLI WHO AS A PLAYER…WAS BUSTED FOR BOTH INDECENT EXPOSURE…AND ACCUSED OF THE SEXUAL ASSAULT OF A 17 YEAR OLD…
IN EVERY ONE OF THESE CASES…THEY WERE ALL GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE…
THAT IS WHAT ERIC TILLMAN GOT TODAY…AND THAT’S ALL THAT HE GOT!!!
SO BEFORE ANY OF US PASS JUDGEMENT…LET’S BACK OFF…AND WAIT TO SEE…WHAT HE DOES WITH IT…
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: ERIC TILLMAN

Post by LotusBlossom »

I've also known Eric Tillman on a personal level. He dated a friend of mine when he was single guy long ago during his tenure as Lions GM.

When I first heard of the incident in Saskatchewan, I was truly shocked and didn't know what to say.

I've never found Eric Tillman on a personal and professional level inappropriate and is very happy he was given a second chance.

I am sure there are some of us on here that have done things in their lives they are not proud of and were given chances, myself included.

Good luck Eric, and if the world can eventually forgive a douchebag like Kobe Bryant, I hope the world can forgive a guy like Eric Tillman.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

i'm staying out of this one
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
trouble

Post by trouble »

People make mistakes. some bigger then other. Tillman is a good GM and the Esk are in need of someone who can turn that team around and Tillman is that guy..

Time is something that makes people forget and in Tillman case there hasn't been enough time and this is where the problem lies.

As for fans saying they will not watch or attend another game due to something or other. I have heard this a 100 times and the fans always come back after they cool off
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

WHAT ERIC TILLMAN DID WAS WRONG....
BUT WHEN YOU COMPARE WHAT HE DID, COMPARED TO FAR WORSE EXAMPLES OUT THERE....
HE MADE A MISTAKE AND DESERVES ANOTHER CHANCE....
HE CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN EDMONTON AND RESTORE THE PRIDE OF THAT ONCE-GREAT FOOTBALL FRANCHISE...
YET IT LOOKS LIKE FANS THERE DON'T GET IT....
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

The "pain killers & sleep aid" excuse is pretty weak....he should have at least manned up about it. Thats right up there w/ "I didn't inhale" or "define sexual relations" or "we didn't PROMISE we wouldn't bring in the HST in those exact words."
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Jesus. Get over it. Guy thought his babysitter was hot, groped her, and paid for it. Wrong, but get real.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Ya....wrong. And blaming it on sleeping pills is beyond lame. Maybe they should add makes old men fondle minors to the list of side effects.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy