THOSE WERE THE DAYS...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: THOSE WERE THE DAYS...

Postby Joe Rockhead » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:02 pm

WHAAAAT???? The 80's sucked????? F that they were a blast! I turned 13 in 1980 and had a complete blast all the way through!

The Canucks in 82,
First loves,
High school in North Delta, Bush parties, house parties, out running the stunned Delta cops, Games people play(an Arcade), having a string of hot girlfriends that ended with the girl I'm married to.
Expo,
Turning 19 and hitting the Scottsdale, Newton Inn, Flamingo, Dell!
Going downtown and hassleing the hookers and queers, fighting on the streets of Vancouver!
Walking down Hastings and punching out anyone who asked us if we wanted "up" or "down"

NO CELLPHONES!!!!! When the public rats saw us drinking a beer in our trucks they had to find a pay phone to rat, by then we were blocks or miles away!

Exploring North Van, Maple Ridge, Peach fest the Regatta in Kelowna!

The Down side of the 80's, the Duranni type music sucked, some of the clothes people saw fit to wear sucked, too many friends f-ed up on blow, friends funerals,that sucked!

Then came the 90's, mairrage ,kids, minivans, jobs you couldnt just walk away from, mortgage, also great just a different kind of great!
Don Cherry for P.M.
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: THOSE WERE THE DAYS...

Postby DavidPratt_ » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm

I'M WITH YOU. HAD A BLAST IN THE BEST DECADE I EVER EXPERIENCED. THE 80'S WAS WHEN I CAME INTO MY OWN CAREER-WISE, HAD MORE CHICKS/GROUPIES AND HAD TOO MUCH FUN THAT CAN'T BE PRINTED HERE.

DP

Joe Rockhead wrote:WHAAAAT???? The 80's sucked????? F that they were a blast! I turned 13 in 1980 and had a complete blast all the way through!
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Previous

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill