LeBron James VS Dan Gilbert (Cavs Owner)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

LeBron James VS Dan Gilbert (Cavs Owner)

Post by Jelly »

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbe ... 00708.html

BAM!

I can see LBJ's lawyers licking their lips now ready to file suit.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: LeBron James VS Dan Gilbert (Cavs Owner)

Post by Cornuck »

That is awesome! So what if he gets some flack - it's his team and he say what he wants! :D I would 'almost' give a shit about basketball after this move. Go Cleveland! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

The Cavs were a joke before LeBron and now he's gone they are a joke. This owner knows the franchise will go back to former horrible days and he can't deal with it? LeBron made the right choice in getting out and away from a horrible owner, In business you want to be around professional people, this idiot is not professional!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

I don't see a problem with this at all. It is a business not a sport. If the Cavs owner saw James as a problem he could have traded him before he got nothing for him. There is no liquid loyalty when it comes to multi-million dollar contracts in in so-called pro-sports, most people would think of their families future first. if you don't like it, don't watch it. Watch amateur sports. Vote with your dollar.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Arachnid wrote:I don't see a problem with this at all. It is a business not a sport. If the Cavs owner saw James as a problem he could have traded him before he got nothing for him. There is no liquid loyalty when it comes to multi-million dollar contracts in in so-called pro-sports, most people would think of their families future first. if you don't like it, don't watch it. Watch amateur sports. Vote with your dollar.
Considering Lebron turned down upwards of $30M, I don't think it's about the money, it's about winning.

I can see the Cavs being pissed because they tried to surround James with some players that could help him win, and Miami shit the bed in preperatiom for this. So even though the Cavs tried to keep him happy, and after some pretty bad games by James this post-season, he doesn't acknowledge their efforts and bolts..

I'm not a huge basketball guy, but I hope Kobe wins another one over these guys trying to fast-track their way to a title.