Give Cornuck The right to ban people

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Yes.. It's about time
100%
Yes.. it's about time
No votes

Total votes: 8

trouble

Post by trouble »

I am sick of these damn trolls running around this board.. This really needs to change
rinkrat
CC Veteran

Re: Give Cornuck The right to ban people

Post by rinkrat »

trouble wrote:I am sick of these damn trolls running around this board.. This really needs to change
Maybe you should learn to express your thoughts in a civil manner.
"I just don't know why they're shooting at us. All we want to do is bring them democracy and white bread. Transplant the American dream. Freedom. Achievement. Hyperacidity. Affluence. Flatulence. Technology. Tension." Hawkeye Pierce.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I thought he was being polite given the circumstances.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rinkrat
CC Veteran

Post by rinkrat »

Cornuck wrote:I thought he was being polite given the circumstances.
The truth really bothers you guys, huh? The truth is you have a good team that is playing stupid hockey. The other team is capitalizing on your teams stupidity. Quit whining about calls. Is it really that hard to be objective? Never mind, I know the answer. Can we start another conspiracy thread?
"I just don't know why they're shooting at us. All we want to do is bring them democracy and white bread. Transplant the American dream. Freedom. Achievement. Hyperacidity. Affluence. Flatulence. Technology. Tension." Hawkeye Pierce.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

rinkrat wrote:
The truth really bothers you guys, huh? The truth is you have a good team that is playing stupid hockey. The other team is capitalizing on your teams stupidity. Quit whining about calls. Is it really that hard to be objective? Never mind, I know the answer. Can we start another conspiracy thread?
See if you can talk about hockey without using the word "stupid" - it really doesn't help your cause.
trouble

Post by trouble »

rinkrat wrote:
I have no problem agreeing that the Canucks PK and PP sucks donkey balls. And LA PP is on fire.( and LA 5 on 5 sucks) But the game needs to be fair.. I'm not sure if you have played sports.. But i can tell you it gets very frustrating when there is so many blown calls.. There is way more to this then the too many men and the No goal call.

LA is a good team and they don't need to have the NHL and ref helping them.. If they are gonna win this they need to do it fair .. Not by a bunch of BS
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I have to say, because I want to stand up for these boards,our own posters have made us look absolutely RIDICULOUS in this thing because of the ref thing. We just don't have a leg to stand on anymore but to say this is a board exclusively for Canucks fans and ban anyone who is otherwise disposed.

It has, in the past, been a little nauseating to see this board descend into absurd homerism like during the Shirokov pre-season scoring streak, or Burrows' bout with the refs, or any particular blow out against us, but most of the time this is a great discussion board and, if you want to win a contest of wits, don't appear to be a bunch of witless whiners. We're better than we've acted recently, and that's the problem with the boards at this very moment. If we had handled the influx of trolls with our usual discussion level it wouldn't have been a problem, but for a few select cases who could have been easily, and obviously justifiably, banned by the mods.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I just got back yesterday, and was pretty surprised to see the troll food handed out like candy on a halloween night. :? (for this board anyway) I don't like mods making themselves known too much, but it did get a little out of hand. Now if there was some funny stuff maybe...

Off topic toucan, the Burrows affair was not complete homerism as you say, you were wrong on that issue. That was a justifiable league wide story that was front and center for weeks.. Stop rewritting history. Or at least lessen that part of your arguments. :)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Off topic toucan, the Burrows affair was not complete homerism as you say, you were wrong on that issue. That was a justifiable league wide story that was front and center for weeks.. Stop rewritting history. Or at least lessen that part of your arguments
What I meant by absurd homerism though was more how melodramatic a lot of the posters here were claiming that the integrity of the game had been irreparably damaged etc. and then proceeded to do just fine enjoying the game not long after and stopped mentioning it at all.

That was definitely not a central league wide story for weeks, maybe a week (and then the Ron McLean thing led to some aftermath controversy), but while I wasn't in Vancouver at the time, outside of Vancouver it was yesterday's news pretty quick.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Robert wrote:I don't like mods making themselves known too much,
That makes two of us. If you had any idea...
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

I hearby grant Cornuck the freedom to ban anyone but me. Go Corny Go!
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
trouble

Post by trouble »

He can even Ban me.. I have been banned from most sites cause i tell it like it is.. Guess thats why the name is Trouble

But seriuosly.. I am a die hard fan and been so since i was knee high to a midget or Hockey girl
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

What about banning PP's ?

edited after the game: forget it... :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Can we ban ourselves? I tried that once before but it was rejected :drink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

He can even Ban me.. I have been banned from most sites cause i tell it like it is.. Guess thats why the name is Trouble

But seriuosly..
:lol: I HOPE that wasn't serious...