VANCOUVER CANUCKS VS LOS ANGELES KINGS ROUND 1

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: VANCOUVER CANUCKS VS LOS ANGELES KINGS ROUND 1

Post by ODB »

Great stuff Spidey. I love watching people get owned when they don’t realize they’re in the process of getting owned. It could be the most enjoyable thing I’ve ever done on the interwebs! It’s even better when you’re crushing people that believe they're some kind of intelligent "people". You know, you own them and they don’t even realize it. Friggen Morons! One of my all time favorites was an old time poster named OMS! He figured he was some kind of smart guy.... lol, boy was he wrong! The entire forum made fun of him without him having a clue! :mrgreen:

Woot Woot bring on the playoffs and the morons!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ODB wrote:Friggen Morons! One of my all time favorites was an old time poster named OMS! He figured he was some kind of smart guy.... lol, boy was he wrong! The entire forum made fun of him without him having a clue! :mrgreen:

Remember the "Most Popular poster" contest? It came down to he and I until I revealed that he liked robbing the cradle.

Folks thought I was being mean.

"Friggen Morons"! ya say.
Last edited by Topper on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ODB wrote:Great stuff Spidey. I love watching people get owned when they don’t realize they’re in the process of getting owned. It could be the most enjoyable thing I’ve ever done on the interwebs! It’s even better when you’re crushing people that believe they're some kind of intelligent "people". You know, you own them and they don’t even realize it. Friggen Morons! One of my all time favorites was an old time poster named OMS! He figured he was some kind of smart guy.... lol, boy was he wrong! The entire forum made fun of him without him having a clue! :mrgreen:

Prepare to be boarded by the idiotic pirates of Yeast L.A...they were trolling nothing more, although they tried to hide it. Perhaps we should board their ship in a pre-emptive strike :twisted:

I hope HockeyGirl comes back, I think I got her wet....posting on here.... :drink:

OMS, that dude was just sad, man :D

Trouble where are you and whose web site did you try/threaten to buy this this time?!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:
ODB wrote:Friggen Morons! One of my all time favorites was an old time poster named OMS! He figured he was some kind of smart guy.... lol, boy was he wrong! The entire forum made fun of him without him having a clue! :mrgreen:

Remember the "Most Popular poster" contest? It came down to he and I until I revealed that he liked robbing the cradle.

:look:

Oh yeah.... OMS.

Didn't he end up in the slammer?

I think Spidey posted an old picture of him at the top of page 14 in the Pic Thread.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

ODB wrote:One of my all time favorites was an old time poster named OMS! He figured he was some kind of smart guy.... lol, boy was he wrong! The entire forum made fun of him without him having a clue!
Yeah, it sounds like the entire old CC was specifically set up for the purpose. With you pulling all the strings. Yeah, no wonder it self-destructed eventually. Come on Ohdee, everyone always knew you were the REAL smart guy of CC.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sick Bunny wrote:
ODB wrote: One of my all time favorites was an old time poster named OMS! He figured he was some kind of smart guy.... lol, boy was he wrong! The entire forum made fun of him without him having a clue!
Yeah, it sounds like the entire old CC was specifically set up for the purpose. With you pulling all the strings. Yeah, no wonder it self-destructed eventually. Come on Ohdee, everyone always knew you were the REAL smart guy of CC.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote: Remember the "Most Popular poster" contest? It came down to he and I until I revealed that he liked robbing the cradle.

haha that was hilarious.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Topper wrote:

One thing OMS really had going for him was the fact that he was one of Red Licorice's favorite posters (atleast for a long while there). I think he got in a few good shots on Thinker as well which made people notice him initially (2003ish?). During the great war in 2004, he also did a good job of coming to the troll hunter's s aid when it was clear that the troll hunter was getting bruised and battered.

Meh - for a guy that purely posted on the OF, he actually did a decent job of not being irrelevant (although without me, Thinker, and Red, things probably would not have turned out that way). That deserves some kudos I guess. I still am genuinely interested to see what the guy can bring to a legitimate hockey discussion.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Farhan Lalji wrote: Meh - for a guy that purely posted on the OF, he actually did a decent job of not being irrelevant (although without me, Thinker, and Red, things probably would not have turned out that way). That deserves some kudos I guess. I still am genuinely interested to see what the guy can bring to a legitimate hockey discussion.
So he should thank you hey farhan lalji

you can't bring nothing to a hockey discussion, so you should just give this up and quit...ain't it?...
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

SKYO wrote:
Topper wrote: Remember the "Most Popular poster" contest? It came down to he and I until I revealed that he liked robbing the cradle.

haha that was hilarious.
Yeah, Topper was losing some silly vote for "King Of CC", so he called me a Belgian pedophile. It was, like, a super duper totally epic put-down. :(

I'm still scratching my head now that I think of it, seemed a bit Skyo-level cheap for a smart guy like that. Maybe it was some kind of Topperesque meta-humour. I had no idea he wanted to win so badly.

Anyhow, we can do something about that. Seeing as there haven't been any new votes since -- which makes me the ruling King Of CC -- I therefore abscond in favour of the runner-up, my second-best man Topper. All hail Topper, the new King Of CC! Long live the King! :)

(In the meantime, I'm running off with a princess. Of legal age your majesty, relax. See ya, suckers...)
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Wow, never thought I'd see the day -- GM with honeyed words and winning smiles, WTF? Is it the Mother Theresa influence?
Farhan Lalji wrote:One thing OMS really had going for him was the fact that he was one of Red Licorice's favorite posters (atleast for a long while there).
You know, there was even a time when Strangelove truly loved me. We even shared the same scrotal sack for a while -- in a totally non-gay sort of way -- he kept his half shaven and I kept mine furry. Then RL decided to bestow her not inconsiderable charms on me, and it all went to shit. Amazing how quickly a little cyber-jealousy can sour a beautiful cyber-friendship, eh?

Of course (according to Doc) "she" was Chris all along, which makes the cyber-jealousy even more embarrassing...
That deserves some kudos I guess. I still am genuinely interested to see what the guy can bring to a legitimate hockey discussion.
Ha ha, back in those days the favoured Hockey Forum put-down was "come duke it out in the OF, you wouldn't survive five minutes". But I had you and Thinker running in such desperate circles in the OF, you were trying to call me out into the HF. It was kind of ironic, wasn't it? :D

Anyway thanks for the offer GM, but I'm afraid it's too late to make a decent hockey poster out of me. My cyber-attention span these days doesn't last beyond the annual deconstruction of Strangelove -- I'll get bored with it and wander away again pretty soon. Besides, I'm off to do interesting things in an exotic country, it's going to be difficult to keep up with anything except the game-day threads...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Let's get this thread back to hockey - save the fond memories for the B&G,
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Cornuck wrote:Let's get this thread back to hockey - save the fond memories for the B&G,
lever looks around the room.

Uhhh, Cornuck, this is the Bar and Grill?
DeLevering since 1999.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sick Bunny wrote:
(In the meantime, I'm running off with a princess. Of legal age your majesty, relax. See ya, suckers...)
legal age lol.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

donlever wrote:
Cornuck wrote:Let's get this thread back to hockey - save the fond memories for the B&G,
lever looks around the room.

Uhhh, Cornuck, this is the Bar and Grill?
Fuck - you're right.... it's too damned early to be online.

Carry on.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."