VANCOUVER CANUCKS VS LOS ANGELES KINGS ROUND 1

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: VANCOUVER CANUCKS VS LOS ANGELES KINGS ROUND 1

Post by LotusBlossom »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:[

In Farhan's defense, he did or is attending an American college. :mex:
Why am I being "defended" in an argument that I am not even a part of. :? :lol: This bout is between HockeyGirl and Jelly!

Dammit, I meant to quote the one where she obliterated your post grammatically.

:?

But yeah, you were 'schooled' down there.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
So uh...you wanna go over to the LA boards with me and cause a war? *crunches a carrot*

:D
haha - I would man but I don't have much free time nowadays....atleast to the extent where I could *really* commit to the level of trolling that I once did.

Unfortunately, it is no longer 2004....where I could teach tennis to little old ladies at 5 star resorts for a few hours, and then spend 2-3 hours per day knocking cyber opponents the f*ck out. ;)
Yep, exactly what I thought you'd say..........wimp :P

School ends tomorrow for me so I can have some fun for the playoffs WootWOOTGONUCKSJagpar in da house!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

the toucan kid wrote:Not having a checking center was always an issue, but it becomes an out and out problem tomorrow night.

You're entitled to continue to believe in their potential of course, I still have some warm feelings for Edler myself, but faith in potential is not really a convincing argument. Imagine the potential of what Doughty could do to us singlehandedly as he is probably the only real number one defenseman in this series - and frankly the only other potential number one also plays for the Kings (he's not there yet though).
I'm just glad that we don't have to wait long to find out how the Canucks perform in this postseason. Last season people were very confident because the team was playing well right before the playoffs, yet it ended in 2nd round disappointment. This year the level of optimism is much lower and hopefully it may bring a much different and better outcome.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:[

In Farhan's defense, he did or is attending an American college. :mex:
Why am I being "defended" in an argument that I am not even a part of. :? :lol: This bout is between HockeyGirl and Jelly!

Dammit, I meant to quote the one where she obliterated your post grammatically.

:?

But yeah, you were 'schooled' down there.
She didn't obliterate my post. She obliterated Jelly's post. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6898&start=105

Farhan never gets obliterated! never! NEVER!
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Hatter wrote:
the toucan kid wrote:
I can't wait until the Kings win this series. When it's all over I'm going to fry a 22lb turkey to celebrate. Party at my place in Ojai. You're invited Rinkrat. The turkey has been sitting in my freezer for the past 8 years but it should still be good. Shirts and shoes optional as long as you supply the kush.
A turkey might be the exact bird to commemorate the Kings playoff run.
I would acquiesce and say that I was blinded by the brilliance of Vancouver's Stanley Cup but then I remembered....Pavel Bure missed the shot.
...ah yes, reminds me of Gretzky bringing the Cup to LA - good time, good times!
Arachnid wrote: *crunches a carrot*
Why the eff that is so funny is beyond me but it is.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

I am a piece of Jelly, she can't do anything to me, well, maybe except eat me, damn americans.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

*crunches a carrot*
Why the eff that is so funny is beyond me but it is.
hahahaha agreed, i get this image of bugs bunny in my head.

this is a gong show and we havent even started winning yet....i am in a trolling mood thoooooooo :sly: ill see what i can get myself into at letsgokings :P

ITS PAYBACK TIME BITCHES!
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

HockeyGirl wrote:
Hatter wrote:I can't wait until the Kings win this series. When it's all over I'm going to fry a 22lb turkey to celebrate. Party at my place in Ojai. You're invited Rinkrat. The turkey has been sitting in my freezer for the past 8 years but it should still be good. Shirts and shoes optional as long as you supply the kush.

I'm in, Hatter! Hey, didn't you do time once? I don't think these Vancouver dudes know what a crazy loco they have on their hands here!
Finds it a little painful sitting then, does he?
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:I guess we'll agree to disagree, but I warn you: It was this type of "biased homerism" amongst Canuck fans in 2003 that lead to us having egg on our faces after we played the Wild. :oops:
Well, at least we can agree on that - the disagreement that is.... I consider myself warned.
Not that ever a series was decided by fans... :lol:

Biased homerism is part of being a fan, less or more and everybody has to handle it by himself. Whoever gets misleaded by others, ...own fault.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

My exam tonight (and last for eight days) ends at 10pm est, so the exact time the Canucks game starts. I couldn't ask for a sweeter reward after a week of nose to the grindstone studying.
Hatter
AHL Prospect

Post by Hatter »

HockeyGirl wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
So uh...you wanna go over to the LA boards with me and cause a war? *crunches a carrot*

agreed, if it's a war you people want then kingsternet.com is undoubtedly the place to go.
HockeyGirl
CC Veteran

Post by HockeyGirl »

Hatter wrote:
HockeyGirl wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

agreed, if it's a war you people want then kingsternet.com is undoubtedly the place to go.

Those people are idiots.
"Once an idiot conspiracy theorist, always an idiot conspiracy theorist."

Clam Russel
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Interesting.. we are all homers.. but.. reality break. Canucks get the nod offensively.. with 3 scoring lines and 6 forwards with over 25 goals plus the second highest goal scoring in the western conference.. Defence.. slight edge to the Kings.. Goaltending? a big question mark for both teams but Quick has better regular season stats this year.. small weaknesses on both teams .. 4th lines not great for either.. injured defence for Canucks.. lack of good secondary scoring for the Kings.. team toughness ? both teams got good hard checking forwards.. Rypien for the Canucks maybe the best pound for pound fighter in the NHL.. only he is a middleweight .. slight nod to the Kings.. Canucks first 2 lines capable of great 2 way play.. Kings.. not so much. But the end result will always go to the team that puts in 100% for 3 periods and gets good goaltending.

Canucks in 5..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
BreknNeksCashnCheks
CC Rookie

Post by BreknNeksCashnCheks »

Tiger wrote:Interesting.. we are all homers.. but.. reality break. Canucks get the nod offensively.. with 3 scoring lines and 6 forwards with over 25 goals plus the second highest goal scoring in the western conference.. Defence.. slight edge to the Kings.. Goaltending? a big question mark for both teams but Quick has better regular season stats this year.. small weaknesses on both teams .. 4th lines not great for either.. injured defence for Canucks.. lack of good secondary scoring for the Kings.. team toughness ? both teams got good hard checking forwards.. Rypien for the Canucks maybe the best pound for pound fighter in the NHL.. only he is a middleweight .. slight nod to the Kings.. Canucks first 2 lines capable of great 2 way play.. Kings.. not so much. But the end result will always go to the team that puts in 100% for 3 periods and gets good goaltending.

Canucks in 5..

I only read two words. reality break. GREAT POINT. Here's a reality, the Kings are full of unproven players besides that one crybaby fake "captain canada". Scott Niedermayer is the real captain canada.

The Kings have several under-performing teams from the West to thank for their playoff spot. Next year will be a different story if they make the playoffs, but simon says the Kings are going to fold like an origami butterfly.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Canucks first 2 lines capable of great 2 way play.. Kings.. not so much.
Really? I think Kopitar is a fantastic two way center and you would actually be surprised at how decent Frolov has become in his own end. You certainly can't argue with two way players like Williams, Brown, and a rejuvenated (but hobbled) Smyth, not to mention a vastly better bottom six.

Our stats are a little better, but had Smyth and Williams played enough games that's a 90+ goal line, and you can certainly count on 60-70 from the likes of Handzus, Frolov and Brown. They have more than enough guns. As do we, granted, but in a short series, they could very well outgun us.