Hokey Night In America Flu

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Hokey Night In America Flu

Post by Arachnid » Sat May 02, 2009 7:32 am

That's what I call it, H1N1 Influenza A

Fucking Swine Flu...

Fantastic article in todays Globe

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... ience/home

The Spanish Flu killed 55 million (20 - 100?!) people worldwide (before NAFTA or Globalization)

After they (I'll tell you who in a second) recently dug it up it was known as....H1N1 Influenza A

Is it the same one? Heh, the Spanish Flu was spread from an American military base out to the world... geuss whose been exhuming bodies and testing it in their facilities?

No wonder conspiracy theories abound :mex:
On January 18, 2007, Kobasa et al. reported that monkeys (Macaca fascicularis) infected with the recreated strain exhibited classic symptoms of the 1918 pandemic and died from a cytokine storm[48] – an overreaction of the immune system. This may explain why the 1918 flu had its surprising effect on younger, healthier people, as a person with a stronger immune system would potentially have a stronger overreaction.[49]
On September 16, 2008, the body of Yorkshire landowner Sir Mark Sykes was exhumed to study the RNA of the Spanish flu virus in efforts to understand the genetic structure of modern H5N1 bird flu. Sykes had been buried in 1919 in a lead coffin which scientists hope will have helped preserve the virus.[50]
In December, 2008 research by Yoshihiro Kawaoka of University of Wisconsin linked the presence of three specific genes (termed PA, PB1, and PB2) and a nucleoprotein derived from 1918 flu samples to the ability of the flu virus to invade the lungs and cause pneumonia. The combination triggered similar symptoms in animal testing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

Pay it forward Echinacea anyone?!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

Farhan Lalji

Re: Hokey Night In America Flu

Post by Farhan Lalji » Wed May 06, 2009 1:23 pm

If this was 2005, we'd probably see a whole bunch of 'swine necrophiliac' and 'dead pig fucker' jokes on a certain message board by a certain poster in reference to a certain Nargomaniac. :shock:

LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by LotusBlossom » Wed May 06, 2009 1:25 pm

Farhan Lalji wrote:If this was 2005, we'd probably see a whole bunch of 'swine necrophiliac' and 'dead pig fucker' jokes on a certain message board by a certain poster in reference to a certain Nargomaniac. :shock:
:lol:

:wow:

Farhan was there?
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji » Wed May 06, 2009 1:33 pm

LotusBlossom wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:If this was 2005, we'd probably see a whole bunch of 'swine necrophiliac' and 'dead pig fucker' jokes on a certain message board by a certain poster in reference to a certain Nargomaniac. :shock:
:lol:

:wow:

Farhan was there?
In a sense I guess you can say I was there. I didn't really do much though.....I was more of a lurker. Although I found the place to be absolutely comedic at times, I was always disturbed by the lack of ethical behavior displayed over there. Anyway - I think this place is much better and I'm happy to be a poster on here.

LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by LotusBlossom » Wed May 06, 2009 1:41 pm

Farhan Lalji wrote:In a sense I guess you can say I was there. I didn't really do much though.....I was more of a lurker. Although I found the place to be absolutely comedic at times, I was always disturbed by the lack of ethical behavior displayed over there. Anyway - I think this place is much better and I'm happy to be a poster on here.
Yeah a lot of cyber bashing for sure...lol. There have been some epic cyber battles over the years...but "We are all Canucks".

Really, this place is where I call "home" for Canucks talk, and not because I was banned from "there" but more so, because the posters here have made me feel like I am really a part of the board.

Brian has done a great job with this place. "Thanks"

lol @ swine necrophiliac. Man...to think I participated in some of that...

:crazy:
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde