Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Saw the Harry Potter movie. Meh.

So far the only movie worth watching again for me is Star Trek.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

the Cunning Linguist wrote:Saw the Harry Potter movie. Meh.

I'm a wizardry geek so I liked it HP a lot. Star Trek was good, but I am not a Trekky, not quite sure if I wouldn't wait for it to be on DVD.
nucklehead88 wrote:i dont have a clue what eveyone is talking about, i thought transformers was awesome. sure the story was weak in a couple spots but great action, great visuals, i was thoroughly entertained for 98% of it. i dont get why everyone said it sucked, plus almost 700mil$ world wide cant all be wrong right?
I never said Transformers sucked, I simply said...
LotusBlossom wrote:Transformers was good, not great, but good.
I preferred the first movie, but this was pretty good with visuals etc. etc. Weak plot, could have definitely elaborated on it more.

Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson made it 'workable' in the boring parts :)

IMO Michael Bay is still a poor-man's James Cameron
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

LotusBlossom wrote:
the Cunning Linguist wrote:Saw the Harry Potter movie. Meh.

I'm a wizardry geek so I liked it HP a lot. Star Trek was good, but I am not a Trekky, not quite sure if I wouldn't wait for it to be on DVD.
My wife is a huge HP fan and she was very disappointed; I think I enjoyed that movie more than she did. I liked ST because I'm an old school Trekkie, and the current version was, IMO, an homage, re-boot, and mild parody of the William Shatner-era ST all at the same time. That and the green-skinned alien eye candy made it workable for me...
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

IMO Michael Bay is still a poor-man's James Cameron
Broke man's James Cameron maybe. Hopefully, Cameron's Avatar is as awesome as every (non Titanic - and even then) movie he's made.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Another toy> turn cartoon> turn movie is out with GI Joe.

Looks cool and had some funny moments in the trailers...think I'll bite.

Everything that was once ours as kids is now hitting the big screen... should be interesting. Dennis Quaid :oops: is always my other excuse if it does suck.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

LotusBlossom wrote:Dennis Quaid :oops: is always my other excuse if it does suck.
Interestingly enough, I just watched "Breaking Away" (from 1979) which co-stars a young Dennis Quaid as Mike. If you like Dennis Quaid I suppose you could do worse.

Pratt will like it as well because it features cycling. But no bridges were permanently damaged in the filming of Breaking Away, and only a few old losers were inconvenienced by cyclists.

Ciao.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

dr.dork wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:Dennis Quaid :oops: is always my other excuse if it does suck.
Interestingly enough, I just watched "Breaking Away" (from 1979) which co-stars a young Dennis Quaid as Mike. If you like Dennis Quaid I suppose you could do worse.

Pratt will like it as well because it features cycling. But no bridges were permanently damaged in the filming of Breaking Away, and only a few old losers were inconvenienced by cyclists.

Ciao.
AH, 'BREAKING AWAY'. PRETTY LAME MOVIE ABOUT A BUNCH OF LOCAL 'TOWNIES' (AKA CUTTERS) WHO RACE AGAINST THE LOCAL UNIVERSITY TEAM AT THE END OF THE MOVIE. TOO BAD THEY BARELY WON AT THE END. MORAL OF THE STORY? GET A BENZ AND LIFE WILL BE SO MUCH NICER 8-)

DP

PS - DORK, I HAVE THE PERFECT VIDEO FOR YOU:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sFQM9zXztM
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
AH, 'BREAKING AWAY'. PRETTY LAME MOVIE ABOUT A BUNCH OF LOCAL 'TOWNIES' (AKA CUTTERS) WHO RACE AGAINST THE LOCAL UNIVERSITY TEAM AT THE END OF THE MOVIE. TOO BAD THEY BARELY WON AT THE END. MORAL OF THE STORY? GET A BENZ AND LIFE WILL BE SO MUCH NICER 8-)

DP

PS - DORK, I HAVE THE PERFECT VIDEO FOR YOU:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sFQM9zXztM
Thanks for the video. Seems more anti-car than pro-car to me.

And thanks for the advice about the Benz, but I already have a 911 turbo and both are useless when stuck in traffic.

Wrt Breaking Away being lame, well, it did win an Academy Award. :look:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Forget the candy pansy ass shyte like Star Flak, G. I. Gunt or TrannyFormers...just saw The Hurt Locker

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hurt_locker/

Almost better than UP!

:scowl:

Noble

No Bill
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

G.I. Joe has a bizarre significance of sorts for me.

Although I wasn't really a fan of the cartoon, I watched it a few times while growing up. After watching G.I. Joe a few times, I started to realize that it was possible for a man to have affectionate feelings for another man in terms of sexual lust. Now - am I implying that G.I. Joe is gay? Far from it. Am I implying that *I* am gay? I certainly hope not. However - after watching G.I. Joe, it was the 1st time where my mind opened up the possibility for a man to date another man. I'm not really sure what the point of this post is (I'm not trying to be funny or anything :eh: -), but I just thought I'd share. Something tells me that I'll be better of not hitting the 'submit' button when I finish this post, but oh well....
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Farhan, whatever you do, don't watch Brokeback Mountain.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Farhan Lalji wrote:G.I. Joe has a bizarre significance of sorts for me.

Although I wasn't really a fan of the cartoon, I watched it a few times while growing up. After watching G.I. Joe a few times, I started to realize that it was possible for a man to have affectionate feelings for another man in terms of sexual lust. Now - am I implying that G.I. Joe is gay? Far from it. Am I implying that *I* am gay? I certainly hope not. However - after watching G.I. Joe, it was the 1st time where my mind opened up the possibility for a man to date another man. I'm not really sure what the point of this post is (I'm not trying to be funny or anything :eh: -), but I just thought I'd share. Something tells me that I'll be better of not hitting the 'submit' button when I finish this post, but oh well....
If you ever discover you're leaning that way...I know this great guy...

;)
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

dr.dork wrote:And thanks for the advice about the Benz, but I already have a 911 turbo and both are useless when stuck in traffic.

Wrt Breaking Away being lame, well, it did win an Academy Award. :look:
LotusBlossom wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:G.I. Joe has a bizarre significance of sorts for me.

However - after watching G.I. Joe, it was the 1st time where my mind opened up the possibility for a man to date another man. I'm not really sure what the point of this post is (I'm not trying to be funny or anything :eh: -), but I just thought I'd share. Something tells me that I'll be better of not hitting the 'submit' button when I finish this post, but oh well....
If you ever discover you're leaning that way...I know this great guy...

;)
ME TOO. HE DRIVES THIS REALLY NICE PINK 911 TURBO AND HE'S A MEMBER ON THIS BOARD. TEE-HEE :oops:

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

DavidPratt_ wrote: ME TOO. HE DRIVES THIS REALLY NICE PINK 911 TURBO AND HE'S A MEMBER ON THIS BOARD. TEE-HEE :oops:

DP
Ha ! Good one, Davey ! But I already went out with that bitch Farhan. He cheated on me so I dumped him.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

dr.dork wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote: ME TOO. HE DRIVES THIS REALLY NICE PINK 911 TURBO AND HE'S A MEMBER ON THIS BOARD. TEE-HEE :oops:

DP
He cheated on me so I dumped him.
I dumped you before you dumped me and so the fact that you "dumped me" is null and void.