Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Post by Arachnid »

District 9 was gooooooood, not my fave this year but, as some say, what Transformers could of been if it actually had a plot (not really any Fox eye candy in it, although alien sexxx... :wow: )

Inglorious next...

Mulder -out
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hmmmmmm re-think'n the Tarintino re-writes that Jews weren't weak thing and may go with the Brits still thinking everyone is inferior despite the evidence...

In The Loop

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/in_the_loop/

Will keep you guys...well, in da loop because I know you f'uck'n care...um hello??????????????

Will see what AwesomeGirl © says :mex:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Yeah it was fuck'n A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOYsN7G8p0E

Limited release butt fuck funny

Kinda feel a little better now about the Bush Legacy post...

Cunt -out
8-)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Saw Inglourious...liked it...

The Loop is awesome...D9 ( haven't seen yet but will this week I suppose)
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Saw "The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard" with my fave TV actor Jeremy Piven.

It was alright, a few good laughs here and there, but parts of it lacked. Although, it could have been much better.

I will say this though, he brings a bit of Ari Gold (Entourage Character) into this film.

Worth a DVD rental or when it shows up on your PPV for your digital TV service.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Rented Zombieland ...and all I can say was I was fully entertained.

A great movie and a spectacular zombie movie (I am an "Ash" fan).

Woody Harrelson was PERFECT for the part of "Tallahasee" in the movie.

If you haven't seen it, it's a must-see if you're into that type of flick..or you can be a total bitch and watch "Dear John" with some of your GF's and wives ;) :P
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I saw "Alice in Wonderland" (3D) on the weekend - liked it a lot. Great effects, pace, reasonable story.

For those that haven't seen Avatar yet, (anyone?) I didn't care for the '2D' version, but really liked the '3D' version when I saw it a 2nd time.

I'm thinking that 3D is the way to go for a lot of movies, and with 3D TV coming out soon, I'm thinking I'm not alone. It used to be that I'd see the 'Blockbusters' in the theatre, but now I'm mostly watching 3D (the 2 above and Caroline were the last three movies I saw on the big screen).
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Cornuck wrote:I saw "Alice in Wonderland" (3D) on the weekend - liked it a lot. Great effects, pace, reasonable story.

For those that haven't seen Avatar yet, (anyone?) I didn't care for the '2D' version, but really liked the '3D' version when I saw it a 2nd time.

I'm thinking that 3D is the way to go for a lot of movies, and with 3D TV coming out soon, I'm thinking I'm not alone. It used to be that I'd see the 'Blockbusters' in the theatre, but now I'm mostly watching 3D (the 2 above and Caroline were the last three movies I saw on the big screen).
I am a Cameron fan...but not sure about this particular flick. I'll probably just check it out but some of my friends really liked it or they hated it...so I'm undecided presently.
trouble

Post by trouble »

Any Bit Torrent people here ? or am i the only one who watches them for free. lol

I watched Jennifer's Body tonight.. pretty good move, Megan Fox is in it and she is a hottie
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

trouble wrote:Any Bit Torrent people here ? or am i the only one who watches them for free. lol
There's still something about watching a movie on a big screen. The 60" at home is great, but not for the blockbusters, and definitely not for 3D.

For 2-3 movies a year, I don't mind shelling out some money.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Cornuck wrote:
trouble wrote:Any Bit Torrent people here ? or am i the only one who watches them for free. lol
There's still something about watching a movie on a big screen. The 60" at home is great, but not for the blockbusters, and definitely not for 3D.

For 2-3 movies a year, I don't mind shelling out some money.
:D Yup...something about watching some movies on the big screen.

So far in this young calendar year, I'd have to say...Sherlock Holmes is one of my faves. Well done, yet again, Guy Ritchie.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Movies Twenty 10

Post by Arachnid »

Saw The Runaways last night. Not bad. Not the deepest rock'n roll flick but the 70's was a great time for music. Dakota Fanning played an awesome Cherry Bomb and Michael Shannon is a creepy exploiting Kim Fowley (he's also in the now in production comicbook movie Johah Hex). And the director is a Canuck :)

With Spidey Jr. becoming quite the budding lead guitarist I'm trying to expose him to some good stuff (yes, lotsa live music too).

On a side note. If you get the chance to see Under the Great Northern Lights by the White Stripes it's a pretty cool doc about their Canadian tour in 2007. It play at last years Toronto Film festival and this year at some Rep Cinemas but it is also now available on DVD

Trouble, you piece of shyte, stop downloading for free and ruining it all for all of us that pay for it. Mind you, I am not opposed to downloading, just not for decent movies that should be supported (vote with your dollar!). I BTed the miserable 2010 and now actually hate John Cussack because of it :mex: ). I have an amazing home theatre now but nothing beats going to a premiere of a great anticipated movie and feeling the audiences energy (almost like going to Rocky Horror Picture Show here in he 80's at the Roxy w/Nash the Slash). Good Tymes...Good Tymes.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

No interest in Tarantino's PC themed gore fantasy....in fact I've been over him for some time now.

District 9 was amazing....not based on what the majority seem to think it is.

Avatar....loved it! ....although the ending got silly, pity.

Shutter Island - very solid thriller, loved how the trailer didn't give it away.

The Crazies - well worth catching, interesting take on an old theme. I've heard the 70s original was lame.

Zombieland was hilarious, Bill M = LoL.

Up in the Air - depressing as shit but a good flick.

Anyone know about this new Nightmare on Elm Street? Disappointing to see they have a new actor....but was wondering is it a remake of the first one or another in the series?
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ClamRussel wrote:
Shutter Island - very solid thriller, loved how the trailer didn't give it away.
By the 20 minute mark I'd kind of figured it out. It kind of did freak me out a little bit though... not in the shock value, just overall ominously creepy.

Avatar.... loved the visuals. But it's really just Dances with Wolves in Space. VERY happy it didn't take home Best Picture, because the story wasn't that great.

I agree with Zombieland. Awesome. Woody H. and Bill M. were fantastic.

Still very impressed with the Hurt Locker. Great cast and directing. An Iraq war film without the politics, sweet.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

If you don't have qualms watching a Polanski movie... The Ghost Writer is really exceptional.

I was bored of Avatar after twenty minutes because once the luster of the effects was gone you were left with poorly written and cold characters rendered by poor performances, criminal dialogue and a paint by numbers story arch.

Liked Shutter Island purely on cinematic style really.

Add me to those who were really surprised by Zombieland, a really charming and fun film.