Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Post by KeyserSoze »

ODB wrote:A few things...
lol

...I don't go to movies often, but what bothers me is people that make noise (talking/crumpling their bag of candy/etc) and/or check their phones cauing a glow that you cannot help but notice in a dark theatre.

The VIP theatres are not going to stop these things. If they are bringing food to peoples seats during the movie (not sure if they do or not) that would be distracting. Serving booze to the people that are already talkers/noise makers/phone checkers is only going to make that situation worse as well. I like the idea of more comfortable seats though.
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

KeyserSoze wrote: .... I like the idea of more comfortable seats though.

I always have as well.

That is why I generally (historically) have watched anything I want to see from my couch.
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ODB wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote: We just get crazy charged up the wazoo here...and since I can't stand whiny little kids in theatres, I opt for VIP paying an extra $7 more so the adults can watch a movie in comfy chairs and in peace. Too bad in BC the theatre itself isn't licensed like some of the other provinces that have the VIP theatres in at the Cineplex Odeon.
:lol:

This is the second time you've brought this up. A few things...

What movies do you go to that have whiny little kids in the theater? Seriously... you make it sound like you're going to a child’s movie. Took my kid to Cars 2... full of kids, even whiny ones. Avengers, Batman or countless other adult themed movies, no whiny kids! I went to the 7:30 showing of Avengers and I didn't see a single kid. For sure none under the age of 10 or 11. Hulk would scare the ba-jesus out of my four year old.

So let's be honest now, you're just being a pretentious B….! You're pointing out you go to the posh theaters. And when nobody acknowledges it, you point it out a second time! :thumbs:
:lol: 8-) I feel like a good dirty Molly Ringwald movie tonight....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ODB wrote:What movies do you go to that have whiny little kids in the theater? Seriously... you make it sound like you're going to a child’s movie. Took my kid to Cars 2... full of kids, even whiny ones. Avengers, Batman or countless other adult themed movies, no whiny kids! I went to the 7:30 showing of Avengers and I didn't see a single kid. For sure none under the age of 10 or 11. Hulk would scare the ba-jesus out of my four year old.
That is why we took our guy to a Sunday matinee. There are times and places for kids at movies. And I agree Ohdee, the idea of a VIP section of a movie theatre is elitist. Do you get truffled popcorn? If that is what you are happy with, a home theatre is probably more to your satisfaction.

The thing with movies like the Avengers, Batman .... are they are comic book based and hence should appeal to a wide audience, including some kids. Part of being in the world, there are going to be whiny kids around.

Watched the Muppet movie with our kid, he ran from the room the first time he saw one of the characters get lit up on an electric fence. LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

^^...100% agree.

The movie (Avengers) was not made for me and I am far from the target audience for various reasons.

So I live with it if I choose to go.

Same with the people on their phone, the ones talking, the ones kicking my seat (although I will have a chat with them) or crinkling their candy bags.
DeLevering since 1999.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

ODB wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote: We just get crazy charged up the wazoo here...and since I can't stand whiny little kids in theatres, I opt for VIP paying an extra $7 more so the adults can watch a movie in comfy chairs and in peace. Too bad in BC the theatre itself isn't licensed like some of the other provinces that have the VIP theatres in at the Cineplex Odeon.
:lol:

This is the second time you've brought this up. A few things...

What movies do you go to that have whiny little kids in the theater? Seriously... you make it sound like you're going to a child’s movie. Took my kid to Cars 2... full of kids, even whiny ones. Avengers, Batman or countless other adult themed movies, no whiny kids! I went to the 7:30 showing of Avengers and I didn't see a single kid. For sure none under the age of 10 or 11. Hulk would scare the ba-jesus out of my four year old.

So let's be honest now, you're just being a pretentious B….! You're pointing out you go to the posh theaters. And when nobody acknowledges it, you point it out a second time! :thumbs:
I have come on here for the first time in about a month maybe 3 weeks. It was truly only a I forgot I even mentioned it moment. But if that's how you feel that's fine.

Really no one brings kids to a movie like Avengers? Ok, that's because your kid is still very young, you wouldn't bring him to one but there was a good number for the early evening showing.

But since I am being a pretentious bitch...

For someone who brings up the type of watches he wears, the amount of money he spends on his sunglasses...you should know how to spot pretension no? So before you get going on me, remember how you like to post about all the things you own like your Tag Heure , and your Prada or whatever type (you get the point) sunglasses...

So when you get on me about stuff like this...remember I didn't bring up things like wearing a Tag, I only own a Bulova and my sunglasses are prescription Oakleys so I don't always have to wear my contacts when it's sunny.

It's days like this I wish I gave Brian a different answer...
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

^ LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
ODB wrote:What movies do you go to that have whiny little kids in the theater? Seriously... you make it sound like you're going to a child’s movie. Took my kid to Cars 2... full of kids, even whiny ones. Avengers, Batman or countless other adult themed movies, no whiny kids! I went to the 7:30 showing of Avengers and I didn't see a single kid. For sure none under the age of 10 or 11. Hulk would scare the ba-jesus out of my four year old.
That is why we took our guy to a Sunday matinee. There are times and places for kids at movies. And I agree Ohdee, the idea of a VIP section of a movie theatre is elitist. Do you get truffled popcorn? If that is what you are happy with, a home theatre is probably more to your satisfaction.

The thing with movies like the Avengers, Batman .... are they are comic book based and hence should appeal to a wide audience, including some kids. Part of being in the world, there are going to be whiny kids around.

Watched the Muppet movie with our kid, he ran from the room the first time he saw one of the characters get lit up on an electric fence. LOL
Aye aye,

If you want an elite group of movie goers where cell phone users are executed on site immediately, absofuckinglutely no talking is tolerated and discussion is apres film on Godot & Coppola go to a fucking film festival (and pay your snobby fortune) otherwise it's a fucking public place where people are just being people. Stay home and eat junk food if it's that god damn bad.
Last edited by Arachnid on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Sorry, didn't mean to offend...
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Meh, if I'm at a film (not a blow 'em up shoot 'em up cuase it don't matter) where dialogue is important to the point of the film I wanna hear what the cunts on screen are saying and I would assume others do as well.

Otherwise why are you there?

I would have the decency to keep my yap shut out of respect for the enjoyment of others as should they.

Like I said, it's why I don't generally go and of all the movies (two and Battleship this weekend) I have seen of late what the blowhards on the screen are saying is pretty much irrelevant regardless.
DeLevering since 1999.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

VIP tickets at the movies is elitist???

hell its all the excess some can afford,

no Hummer,Cadillac, Lincoln, pimpmobile,
no designer diapers, bling crib, name brand boner Mëds,
no 200 dollar beach shoes, for summers in far off lands,
no hope, no clue, and no luck,
But by fuck I can overpay for a movie and watch in ignorant bliss..
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:
Cornuck wrote: That sounds higher than the $8 that our local theatre charges... ;)
$8 to watch a movie? Wow.

You're either watching movies in an incredibly shitty theater, or you're trapped in 1993? :wow:
It's cheap to watch movies in the US. Come on Farhan, you used to live there! You know this.
Haha, I know I just forgot I guess. :P

In my case however, I was lucky enough that I never had to pay for movies down there in Portland Oregon. My tennis scholarship allowed me to watch movies for free in the theater in both my undergrad and Masters.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Just got back from that NewWest theater landmark cinemas, and watched Snow White and the Huntsmen, got sold by the best parts of the trailers :D yeah just wait for it to be on netflix or better yet if your a 'pirate' to watch it.
Should have seen MIB3.Image

ah well.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:Just got back from that NewWest theater landmark cinemas, and watched Snow White and the Huntsmen, got sold by the best parts of the trailers :D yeah just wait for it to be on netflix or better yet if your a 'pirate' to watch it.
Should have seen MIB3.Image

ah well.
Did you see Farhan and his girlfriend there?

Farhan's girlfriend:

:D

I saw MIB3 last night and found it rather meh.

Maybe I just had my expectations too high....
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

^
yeah Farhan's gf could lose stand to gain a few pounds. :twisted:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.