Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Spidey's AV Equipment:

Sony STR-DA5400ES A/V Receiver
PSB Imagine Surround 5.1 speakers
Canon LV-7210 HD 720p Projector
LG LST 3510A DVD & Digital Tuner
Apple TV
Monster Cables and connects
So did you kill the drivers of the truck after they sold all that to ya for less than $2G? :look:
:P

What're your thoughts on Apple TV?
I did :look: but then I made them into something they have never been in their lives.....useful 8-)

Ma' driver is a bicycle :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... opter.html

Love the ATV but I also made it better too with a jailbreak :mrgreen: http://www.appletvhacks.net/
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

OMG OMG OMG Charlize is gonna be in Mad Max too?

http://collider.com/charlize-theron-pro ... ew/170219/

SciFiSchwing!
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Yeah, Charlize is aight alright.

DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Alien Pentalogy? The myth and the universe just expanded (as did my Belgian tastebuds :) ). Good solid Sci-Fi movie. No she-she emotional chick flick crap like in Avengers... 8-)
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Not quite summer yet, but I just saw Madagascar 3.

Take that.
2011..... the one that got away.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Finally saw Prometheus. Excellent. Left me aggravated at the end though, I want to know what happens at the Builder's planet, I want to know their reasons too.

Scott is just too good for his own good.

Although a rumor floated into my ear along the lines of possibly another 2 (TWO) movies to follow Prometheus.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:Finally saw Prometheus. Excellent. Left me aggravated at the end though, I want to know what happens at the Builder's planet, I want to know their reasons too.

Although a rumor floated into my ear along the lines of possibly another 2 (TWO) movies to follow Prometheus.
I also heard Balderunner 2 (BaradeRwuna?) :look:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Dark Knight looks to be epic!

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Mëds wrote:Finally saw Prometheus. Excellent. Left me aggravated at the end though, I want to know what happens at the Builder's planet, I want to know their reasons too.

***PROMETHEUS SPOILER ALERT***

It left me aggravated for different reasons.

How the hell is she going to get to the builders planet? She can't get into their sleep pod thing. Does she plan on chilling out and filing her nails during the 2 year (or however fucking long it takes, long enough that the Builders went to sleep) trip? What about food and water? Or does the alien craft come stocked? Cookies n milk and all?

And while I'm at it. If you can build the androids to watch over the ship and crew during the trip why not take three or four and SEND THEM INTO THE ALIEN SHIPS instead of the humans. This way if things go wrong you can just leave them behind.

The alien breaks through the glass on one of the guys hamlets but the glass withstands the rocks smacking into it during the 200km an hour wind storm that hits. Really?!?!

You gotta ram the alien ship with your ship because you travel 19 light years to make contact with an alien race but you don’t think it’s necessarily to have weapons of any kind on your spacecraft?

As a popcorn flick it was good. Logically... it was a turd! They were so stupid they all deserved to die!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

ODB wrote:As a popcorn flick it was good. Logically... it was a turd!
I gotta agree with that, too many plot holes to fully enjoy it, but it was fun at the time. It could have been better, but these days you just have to turn your brain off after buying the popcorn.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Sometimes it's hard to turn the brain off when the plot is so stupid.

Why did the builders... Engineers leave a star map to the weapons facility instead of their home planet? And why after 2000 years did nobody from the Engineers planet come looking for the guys that went to the weapons facility and never returned?

The chick pregnant with the alien clobbers two other crew members that want to put her in the sleep pod and get's a self cesarean done. Minutes later she goes back to the crew and nobody says a thing. Not a single question about what happened to the alien that was inside you??? Nothing about her beating them with a pipe a half hour ago! They just suit up and carry on as if nothing happened?!?!

RETARDED!
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Another good one... The air seems fine... They all take their helmets off. Why the fuck would you take your helmet off on an alien planet. What good can come from that? You would leave your helmet on... you just would!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ODB wrote:Sometimes it's hard to turn the brain off when the plot is so stupid.

Why did the builders... Engineers leave a star map to the weapons facility instead of their home planet? And why after 2000 years did nobody from the Engineers planet come looking for the guys that went to the weapons facility and never returned?

The chick pregnant with the alien clobbers two other crew members that want to put her in the sleep pod and get's a self cesarean done. Minutes later she goes back to the crew and nobody says a thing. Not a single question about what happened to the alien that was inside you??? Nothing about her beating them with a pipe a half hour ago! They just suit up and carry on as if nothing happened?!?!

RETARDED!
Idjiot ;) http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments ... _analysed/
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Arachnid wrote:

RETARDED!
LOL!

That didn't explain:

Major Plot hole: There is no way for Fifield and Millburn to get lost in the alien cave. They had an entire crew of people inside their spaceship monitoring everything: their dialogue, their positions – you name it. Are we to believe no one on the deck heard them say they wanted to go back on the ship? Are we to believe no one gave them directions to go back to the surface? Are we to believe the Prometheus crew simply assumed they were still with the others even if their scanners and probes would show they were not? Was there any shittier way to write the script to make sure those two guys were stranded inside the cave during the storm? (The answer is NO to all the questions).

Garbage Garbage Garbage!!!

Scott can explain the back story until he's green in the face. The move is wreck regardless. It's not about the Engineers.... No reasonable person would make the decisions the crew made.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ODB wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

RETARDED!
LOL!

That didn't explain:

Major Plot hole: There is no way for Fifield and Millburn to get lost in the alien cave. They had an entire crew of people inside their spaceship monitoring everything: their dialogue, their positions – you name it. Are we to believe no one on the deck heard them say they wanted to go back on the ship? Are we to believe no one gave them directions to go back to the surface? Are we to believe the Prometheus crew simply assumed they were still with the others even if their scanners and probes would show they were not? Was there any shittier way to write the script to make sure those two guys were stranded inside the cave during the storm? (The answer is NO to all the questions).

Garbage Garbage Garbage!!!

Scott can explain the back story until he's green in the face. The move is wreck regardless. It's not about the Engineers.... No reasonable person would make the decisions the crew made.
Holly fuck, the amount of bonners you've posted over the years about mediocre movies with terrible plots but amazing CG on your BluBallzRay home theatre and now you're a stickler for plots? :lol:

Cheezlax dude, you and RD are in some serious need of pagan! 8-) (or stronger Kush...ummm tell me you didn't go see it sober.... :P )