Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Post by LotusBlossom »

I went to watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine tonight for obvious reasons...I like the Xmen....who the hell am I kidding I went to see it because Hugh for about an hour and half running around in a tank top makes me melt :oops:

The movie was alright, I do like watching comic book movies regardless of the fact that I probably really never read a comic book in my life. :hmmm:

I was in heaven, Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds, the dude that played Gambit...

Anyway, Hugh was amazing (in all aspects) but one guy caught my eye particularly.

Daniel Henny...looks like a guy I know...

I'm in lo--....well, they are both very nice to look at. ;)

Thinking about Star Trek but Angels and Demons is one on my "must see" list.

Anyone else? :)
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Post by Cornuck »

So far only Star Trek has my attention. I thought the Da Vince Code was an incredibly boring & predicable movie, so I don't plan on seeing Angels & Demons. I haven't really looked into seeing what's coming, but the only movies I see in theatres these days are the block busters.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I honestly haven't been keeping up with too many movies this year. I usually do, but just been so busy lately, I've slacked. Usually I just end up watching movies on my flights, but lately it's been hockey.

I was never a Trekky (I like Star Wars) but the trailers looked cool.

My companion last night looks like Agent Zero from X-Men... He got a couple of double takes last night from the people in the theatre when we walked out. Same height, same build, different ancestry. Daniel Henney is British/Korean and the companion is Japanese/British.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

As for the Star Trek fans out there...

It got 100% on Rottentomatoes.com so far...

Star Trek Review

It's said that's a Star Trek made for people who don't like Star Trek...hmmm...

Captain James T. Kirk in this movie is a pretty good looking guy... worth the $12?
HereComeTheHawks

Post by HereComeTheHawks »

Star Trek, Terminator Salvation, and the new Transformer movie.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Star Trek and Terminator look great. I think Public Enemies with Depp and Bale will probably be the best movie of the summer though.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I look at the previews for Terminator, and it looks more like a Transformers sequel than anything else. Hopefully it's a decent movie and ends the franchise on a good note.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I look at the previews for Terminator, and it looks more like a Transformers sequel than anything else. Hopefully it's a decent movie and ends the franchise on a good note.
Plan is to do a trilogy of these 'future' films assuming the first one does well at the box office.
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

D'oh. I typed out a bunch of movies and then lost my page. Planning on watching a lot of movies this summer:

Wolverine
Star Trek
Harry Potter
Angels & Demons
Terminator
G.I. Joe
Transformers
maybe even Bruno, the preview was hilarious.

Edit:
maybe Inglorious Bastards and Public Enemies too. I love movies.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/summer_movies/ I find this site to be fantastic in terms of whether a movie is worth watching or not. The grades are usually pretty accurate to how I rate a movie, so if they get a bad rating on here, I don't bother watching anymore.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

nucks_girl wrote:D'oh. I typed out a bunch of movies and then lost my page. Planning on watching a lot of movies this summer:

Wolverine
Star Trek
Harry Potter
Angels & Demons
Terminator
G.I. Joe
Transformers
maybe even Bruno, the preview was hilarious.

Edit:
maybe Inglorious Bastards and Public Enemies too. I love movies.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/summer_movies/ I find this site to be fantastic in terms of whether a movie is worth watching or not. The grades are usually pretty accurate to how I rate a movie, so if they get a bad rating on here, I don't bother watching anymore.
RT is good butt don't trust it 100% NG. They gave Transformers 60% originally and it turned out to be fantastic entertainment. Same with Polar Express in 3D.

Just asskiss...er...ask me if a movie is good enough to see in theatre :mex:

Critique
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

For the record, I'll watch anything with Bale and Jackman...what incredible "talents" ;)
Amazon Canuck
CC Rookie

Post by Amazon Canuck »

Mmmmm Hugh Jackman..... perfect man....

Wolverine was good, but not as good as I hoped it'd be. If I were a guy I'd be more disappointed, but since I'm a chick and was surrounded by eye-candy the whole time,the movie was pretty good haha!

I am DYING to see Transformers 2. The first one is one of my top 5 movies of all time, and the 2nd looks just as fantastic. I think I am getting dragged to Star Trek on Friday with my brother, so we'll see how that goes, and he also wants to drag me to Terminator although I'm somewhat over the Terminator series at this point.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Amazon Canuck wrote:Mmmmm Hugh Jackman..... perfect man....

Wolverine was good, but not as good as I hoped it'd be. If I were a guy I'd be more disappointed, but since I'm a chick and was surrounded by eye-candy the whole time,the movie was pretty good haha!

I am DYING to see Transformers 2. The first one is one of my top 5 movies of all time, and the 2nd looks just as fantastic. I think I am getting dragged to Star Trek on Friday with my brother, so we'll see how that goes, and he also wants to drag me to Terminator although I'm somewhat over the Terminator series at this point.
Umm for the case of Terminator... Christian Bale. Yeah... nuff said 8-)

Yeah Wolverine was all about Eye Candy....Agent Zero...douche or not, is HOT HOT HOT!
Amazon Canuck
CC Rookie

Post by Amazon Canuck »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Amazon Canuck wrote:Mmmmm Hugh Jackman..... perfect man....

Umm for the case of Terminator... Christian Bale. Yeah... nuff said 8-)

Yeah Wolverine was all about Eye Candy....Agent Zero...douche or not, is HOT HOT HOT!

I've loved Christian Bale since he was Laurie in Little Women in 1995.. awwww, yes hot.

WHOA By the way, Hugh Jackman is on ELLEN in like 10 minutes, wooooooooooooooo! oh and so is the Kirk from the new Star Trek movie. Everyone tune in! haha
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Although some will disagree, I actually loved X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Be forewarned though - hardcore X-Men fans might be disappointed. I liked X-Men growing up but wasn't a hardcore fan.

Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers on the other hand........ ;)