Page 14 of 15

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:52 am
by Uncle dans leg
You guys really love the folk music eh...

I'll take BB with his death metal over some of that elevator music

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:56 am
by Uncle dans leg
Just busting yer balls dude...don't get all offended.

On a side note...loving Spotify being available here now. Had it when we lived in Oz but as usual was slow to release up in Canada...fairly good library

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:46 pm
by BurningBeard
Uncle dans leg wrote:You guys really love the folk music eh...

I'll take BB with his death metal over some of that elevator music
:lol:
I have a wide range of tastes and will listen to anything from the Beach Boys to Lamb Of God.

Although I do think a lot of what passed for "rock music" is a little lame right now.

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:43 am
by Cookie La Rue
Found this accidently, a little bit older but... :lol:

http://www.aux.tv/2013/10/10-canadian-m ... ay-hockey/

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:34 am
by RoyalDude
Hey Topper the new Dave Rawlings Machine album - Nashville Obsolete is a gooder.

Watchya think of the new Jason Isbell?

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:57 am
by Arachnid
Hey Dude, you ever get a chance to take in Steven Wilson? Whata talented motherfucker. Put together a pretty tight band last night.

Prog

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:12 pm
by Puck
Only know him via Porcupine Tree... Floyd-flavoured with a dash of Tool, and a hint of Rush (via influences, anyway). Is the solo work similar?

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:19 pm
by Arachnid
Puck wrote:Only know him via Porcupine Tree... Floyd-flavoured with a dash of Tool, and a hint of Rush (via influences, anyway). Is the solo work similar?
Yeah Puck, very much so. Porcupine Tree was his vehicle for collaboration much as Wilco is Jeff Tweedys.
Some jazz musicians on Wilsons last album too just to add more shit to his repertoire, he also works with a film maker for a multi-media experience and give it an avant garde experimental feel you don't see much these days in the mainstream. King of concept albums now I guess that Bowie is gone.

Hey, it's the anniversary of Dark Side of the Moon today got it cued up for when I get home from my meeting tonight.

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:25 am
by Puck
Hmmm Jazz musicians... sounds good to me. I spend a lot of time listening to Jazz these days. Blending a little into my rock n' roll is a good thing. I'll check it out. Thanks, Spides.

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:48 am
by RoyalDude
Loving the new Sturgil SImpson and new Richmond Fontaine. Richmond Fontaine's - You Can't Go Back If There is Northing to Go Back To is so far my fave album of the year, fucking brilliant. The new Pines album - Above the Prairie a close second. Also liking the new M. Ward and Damien Jurado.

Richmond Fontaine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQpKAmYHKEs

Richmond Fontaine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYQF5YLGC30

The wifey and I are going down to Portland to see them in May, then seeing them the next night in Seattle on my 50th Birthday, it's their farewell tour and final album. Looking forward to it, need a fucking break

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:09 pm
by BurningBeard

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:13 pm
by RoyalDude
Shook hands with Patterson Hood of the Drive By Truckers Friday Night at the Richmond Fontaine show in Portland lives in Portland now. The dude was standing to my right all night. He told me Richmond Fontaine are his Hero's. He has some nice things to say about the show and RF at his Facebook page. Great weekend of music though saw the band again Saturday night in Seattle at the Sunset Tavern in the Ballard district.

Portlands a great town to booze and eat in. My liver is destroyed Blobby Mac style

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:03 am
by Skriko
RoyalDude wrote:Shook hands with Patterson Hood of the Drive By Truckers Friday Night at the Richmond Fontaine show in Portland lives in Portland now. The dude was standing to my right all night. He told me Richmond Fontaine are his Hero's. He has some nice things to say about the show and RF at his Facebook page. Great weekend of music though saw the band again Saturday night in Seattle at the Sunset Tavern in the Ballard district.

Portlands a great town to booze and eat in. My liver is destroyed Blobby Mac style
Awesome! PH is one of my fav artists. Seen the truckers 3 times.

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:44 am
by Topper
Does anyone give a shit about the looming death of the Tragically Hip?

I sure as fuck don't.

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:13 pm
by Blob Mckenzie
Topper wrote:Does anyone give a shit about the looming death of the Tragically Hip?

I sure as fuck don't.
The Hip are awesome.

I guess you're more of a Mel Thorme fan.