Muzac For Munsters

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

You guys really love the folk music eh...

I'll take BB with his death metal over some of that elevator music
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Just busting yer balls dude...don't get all offended.

On a side note...loving Spotify being available here now. Had it when we lived in Oz but as usual was slow to release up in Canada...fairly good library
If you need air...call it in
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Uncle dans leg wrote:You guys really love the folk music eh...

I'll take BB with his death metal over some of that elevator music
:lol:
I have a wide range of tastes and will listen to anything from the Beach Boys to Lamb Of God.

Although I do think a lot of what passed for "rock music" is a little lame right now.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Found this accidently, a little bit older but... :lol:

http://www.aux.tv/2013/10/10-canadian-m ... ay-hockey/
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Topper the new Dave Rawlings Machine album - Nashville Obsolete is a gooder.

Watchya think of the new Jason Isbell?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hey Dude, you ever get a chance to take in Steven Wilson? Whata talented motherfucker. Put together a pretty tight band last night.

Prog
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Only know him via Porcupine Tree... Floyd-flavoured with a dash of Tool, and a hint of Rush (via influences, anyway). Is the solo work similar?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Puck wrote:Only know him via Porcupine Tree... Floyd-flavoured with a dash of Tool, and a hint of Rush (via influences, anyway). Is the solo work similar?
Yeah Puck, very much so. Porcupine Tree was his vehicle for collaboration much as Wilco is Jeff Tweedys.
Some jazz musicians on Wilsons last album too just to add more shit to his repertoire, he also works with a film maker for a multi-media experience and give it an avant garde experimental feel you don't see much these days in the mainstream. King of concept albums now I guess that Bowie is gone.

Hey, it's the anniversary of Dark Side of the Moon today got it cued up for when I get home from my meeting tonight.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Hmmm Jazz musicians... sounds good to me. I spend a lot of time listening to Jazz these days. Blending a little into my rock n' roll is a good thing. I'll check it out. Thanks, Spides.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Loving the new Sturgil SImpson and new Richmond Fontaine. Richmond Fontaine's - You Can't Go Back If There is Northing to Go Back To is so far my fave album of the year, fucking brilliant. The new Pines album - Above the Prairie a close second. Also liking the new M. Ward and Damien Jurado.

Richmond Fontaine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQpKAmYHKEs

Richmond Fontaine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYQF5YLGC30

The wifey and I are going down to Portland to see them in May, then seeing them the next night in Seattle on my 50th Birthday, it's their farewell tour and final album. Looking forward to it, need a fucking break
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shook hands with Patterson Hood of the Drive By Truckers Friday Night at the Richmond Fontaine show in Portland lives in Portland now. The dude was standing to my right all night. He told me Richmond Fontaine are his Hero's. He has some nice things to say about the show and RF at his Facebook page. Great weekend of music though saw the band again Saturday night in Seattle at the Sunset Tavern in the Ballard district.

Portlands a great town to booze and eat in. My liver is destroyed Blobby Mac style
Skriko
AHL Prospect

Post by Skriko »

RoyalDude wrote:Shook hands with Patterson Hood of the Drive By Truckers Friday Night at the Richmond Fontaine show in Portland lives in Portland now. The dude was standing to my right all night. He told me Richmond Fontaine are his Hero's. He has some nice things to say about the show and RF at his Facebook page. Great weekend of music though saw the band again Saturday night in Seattle at the Sunset Tavern in the Ballard district.

Portlands a great town to booze and eat in. My liver is destroyed Blobby Mac style
Awesome! PH is one of my fav artists. Seen the truckers 3 times.
Had a 10 game pack in 1987/88, I am a fan OK?
(and I watched GMJB play defense for us)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Does anyone give a shit about the looming death of the Tragically Hip?

I sure as fuck don't.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:Does anyone give a shit about the looming death of the Tragically Hip?

I sure as fuck don't.
The Hip are awesome.

I guess you're more of a Mel Thorme fan.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”