Muzac For Munsters

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm in the market for a good turntable, got any suggests?

Went vinyl shopping yesterday at Red Cat Records on Main as it was Record Store Day. The Boss re-issued his entire catalogue on 180 gram vinyl so I bought one of the greatest albums of all time - Nebraska
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Only Tom Joad is more depressing from Springsteen.

I have a Duel 505 in a basement box.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:Only Tom Joad is more depressing from Springsteen.

I have a Duel 505 in a basement box.
Awe come on Dude, midnight, slowly lay down the needle on Nebraska, crackling sounds of needle on vinyl,
lights down low, a bottle of whiskey, nothing better. It's beauty and certainly not depressing, Ya whimp
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Nebraska is an old favourite, but check Cash's Johnny 99 for a better versions of Highway Patrolman and Johnny 99.

Nebraska listening pack should include a bottle of cheap whisky, a razor blade, and a warm bath.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:Nebraska is an old favourite, but check Cash's Johnny 99 for a better versions of Highway Patrolman and Johnny 99.

Nebraska listening pack should include a bottle of cheap whisky, a razor blade, and a warm bath.
Fuck...you want low down...Nick Drake Pink Moon at 33...I drown myself in music...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Pink Moon is a great album different vibe but low down yes. Poor Nick, took a Volkswagen commercial 30 years later and after his sad death to finally gain respect. Only sold a couple thousand of his 3 albums when he decided to pack it in, way ahead of his time, brilliant guitar player.

If you want good Low down get Bonnie Prince Billy's 'I See A Darkness' or Songs: Ohia 'Didnt It Rain'. Gooey depressing molasses those albums, excellent stuff. Cash butchered the song I See A Darkness on one of his American Recordings albums, didn't like it.

Loving the new Calexico!
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

William liked it enough to sing backup vocals, but I guess you don't turn down an invitation from the man in black..
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr knows good music, who would a thunk it
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Over a year later and I still have Salad Days on regular rotation. Solid album.

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

RD's favourite albums of 2016

Father John Misty
Sufjan Stevens
James McMurtry
Calexico

Looking forward to the new Jason Isbell and Iron and Wine/Bidwell - of the Band of Horses and their covers album collaboration
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:Over a year later and I still have Salad Days on regular rotation. Solid album.

Good album
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

New Ratatat and Tame Impala.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

The newest Tame Impala? I do like that revivalist 60s grunge-like sound..
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Puck wrote:The newest Tame Impala? I do like that revivalist 60s grunge-like sound..
Just got home from 3+ hours of 60s grunge at the Neil Young concert. Great show with Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real backing him up.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah I'm sold on the new Tame Impala. Guilty Pleasure of the year.

Anyone download the new Wilco album which is free? Hope to get to that today. I know Topper won't. He's a Farrar loyalist

Enjoying the new Jim O'Rourke

Picking up the new Jason Isbell (ex-Drive-by Trucker) today. His last album was Golden

Hearing the covers album collaboration with Sam Beam (Iron and Wine) and Ben Bidwell (Band of Horses) is decent