Muzac For Munsters

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Post by herb »

Arachnid wrote:'Erb...are you a fan?! :shock:
You know, as far as pop goes, she does have some catchy songs. She's better than 90% of the crap on the radio, I'll give her that.

My musical tastes vary widely from Pink Floyd, to Johnny Cash, to Zeppelin, to Leonard Cohen, to Queens of the Stone Age, to Sam Cook, to pretty much anything.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:But who Murdered Oscar?
Nice one Topper - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAscJzl-H7M

Two members of Centro-Matic help made that album, dude on the guitar - Will Johnson lead singer songwriter of Centro and the dude on the piano is a Centro member. More folks need to get into Centro - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uHqv-BacEY
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote: What do u think of the new Adams album? It doesn't work for me, I prefer the alt- country side of his music. He's a talent for sure, but he re-invents himself with every new album. Still think Heartbreaker is his best album. If you like Ryan Adams country sound check out ex Drive-by Trucker - Jason Isbells album from last year - Southeastern. Very good album, old school Ryan Adams vibe.
His newest album is meh, but he played a very diverse set and very little from his new album.

His old stuff is definitely much better, I don't know if he reinvents himself but it's more of what genre he's into at the moment he writes for. He's a great talent and definitely eccentric to put it mildly.

Not many musicians that can put out 14 albums in 14 years.

He is very good live though.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Eccentric to say the least. He produced Jenny Lewis new album that came out this year, I read an interview with Miss Lewis and she relays a story about how Ryan made her listen to a bunch of Creeds albums in the studio before recording, telling her how great they are and she, trying to be nice, was like "okayyyyy, not sure I hear it, but maybe, I guess." LOL. I think he just likes mind fucking people like Doc does.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote: I think he just likes mind fucking people like Doc does.
He definitely does. The way he interacted with the crowd was hilarious.

Very sardonic sense of humour.

He blasted this poor schmuck in the second row for using his flash on his phone when taking a picture. Mocked his guitar tuning stage hand (some guy that is on the side of the stage and re-tunes every guitar that he plays after EVERY song!) cause his acoustic was out of tune.

Some guy from the back row yells at him to play "Summer of 69", he didn't hear the request but because of his history the whole crowd was like "ooooooohhhhh" - he responded with "WTF just happened, that's the angriest I've ever heard Canadians get!!"

If you can catch a show I'd recommend it, he took a while to warm up. He's really stage shy, there are zero lights on him when he performs. Once he got comfortable it was a great show in a small venue.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:Anyhow, nice to see my boi the Sturgill Simpson no. 1 on this list - The Sturge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWx6csgGkg4
I thought Waylon died.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:I think he just likes mind fucking people like Doc does.
I like to think I'm impregnating minds (in a good way). :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

What about founding a brain-wash self-service? :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Nah, the Great Strangelove is all about unbrainwashing.

Trust him. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
herb wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:This is a pretty good list of best albums of 2014 put out by American Songwriters but what the fuck is Taylor Swift doing at 4th? 3 of these things belong together - http://www.americansongwriter.com/2014/ ... bums-2014/

I've got the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th and 10th album in the top 10 on this list. I may have to add Taylor Swift to the exclusive club.
The haters gonna hate, but Taylor's just gonna shake, shake, shake it off, shake it off.
'Erb...are you a fan?! :shock:

Much to my chagrin...I am 1 degree removed from TS :look:
Swift is shite, you ever see that Seinfeld episode where Kramer has a seizure whenever Murphy's Law comes on? That's me when Swift comes on.

What's confounding is that some music critics that I don't mind seem to like her, I don't get it.

Anyhow, nice to see my boi the Sturgill Simpson no. 1 on this list - The Sturge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWx6csgGkg4
What the hell do you listen to that she comes on? :shock: *remembers BD lives with the X-ChromeMutants*
I know more about the personal life of Swift than I care too :evil:

I am proud to say we are a TS music free home :thumbs: (I am the musical tyrant that streams his ALAC/FLACs over the WiFi) luckily we all share great taste (the hardcore German industrial dance from Berlin is a little rough unless I'm shytefaced though).

Alternately we listen to Radio Paradise and you should too.... http://www.radioparadise.com

Good to see you appreciate TWOD. Great album (are we still allowed to say that?)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The War on Drugs us still my no. 1 fave album of the year. Wish I had seen them at the Biltmore a few months back . Don't think they'll be playing small venues anymore. You have their previous album? That one is a beaut too. Do you dig any Kurt Vile? He used to be a member TWOD.

Eyes to the Wind by the TWOD is my fave song of the year, with Hiss Golden Messengers - Mahogany Dread a close second

You got Tweedys (Wilco) solo album? It's pretty good in my mind
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

OK Spideyman, what are your favourite albums released in the last twenty years

Some of mine

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Son Volt - Trace
Richmond Fontaine - Winnemucca
Magnolia Electric - first self titled album
Calexico - Feast of Wire
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway
Bonnie Prince Billy - I See A Darkness
Iron and Wine - The Creek Drank the Cradle
Neko Case - Blacklisted
Fleet Foxes - self titled first album
Yo La Tengo - And Then Everything Turned itself Inside Out
Wilco - Summerteeth
Richmond Fontaine - Post To Wire
Cat Power - The Greatest
Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker
Gillian Welch - Time (the revelator)
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Bellwether - Home Late
Dolorean - The Unfazed
Califone - Stitches
The War on Drugs - lost in a Dream
Kurt Vile - Smoke Rings For A Halo
My Morning Jacket - At Dawn
The National - Trouble Will Find You
The Night Beds - Country Sleep
Richard Buckner - Dents and Shells
AA Bondy - When The Devils Loose
Hayden - Skyscraper National Park
M Ward - Transfiguration of Vincent
Hiss Golden Messenger - Poor Moon
Jolie Holland - Escondida
Phosphorescent - To Willie
Band of Horses - Everything All Time
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Father John Misty best album of 2015 so far.

The dude is J. Tillman, put out a bunch of stripped down singer/songwriter albums before the re-invention. Also is/was the drummer of the Fleet Foxes
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:OK Spideyman, what are your favourite albums released in the last twenty years

Some of mine

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Son Volt - Trace
Richmond Fontaine - Winnemucca
Magnolia Electric - first self titled album
Calexico - Feast of Wire
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway
Bonnie Prince Billy - I See A Darkness
Iron and Wine - The Creek Drank the Cradle
Neko Case - Blacklisted
Fleet Foxes - self titled first album
Yo La Tengo - And Then Everything Turned itself Inside Out
Wilco - Summerteeth
Richmond Fontaine - Post To Wire
Cat Power - The Greatest
Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker
Gillian Welch - Time (the revelator)
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Bellwether - Home Late
Dolorean - The Unfazed
Califone - Stitches
The War on Drugs - lost in a Dream
Kurt Vile - Smoke Rings For A Halo
My Morning Jacket - At Dawn
The National - Trouble Will Find You
The Night Beds - Country Sleep
Richard Buckner - Dents and Shells
AA Bondy - When The Devils Loose
Hayden - Skyscraper National Park
M Ward - Transfiguration of Vincent
Hiss Golden Messenger - Poor Moon
Jolie Holland - Escondida
Phosphorescent - To Willie
Band of Horses - Everything All Time
Fack BD, didna see this. It was the day I left for a month in EuroPaganVille. Will check back in tomorrow with list after I have sobered up..... *hic*
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

BikerDyno

Before I post my shyte I gotta know bro...waht system do you listen to for your good music pleasure?

My specs...

PSB Image T3s (replaced my PSB bookshelf and Home Theatre set-up)

Marantnz receiver SR7007 (gave up my Bryston separate as my family complained of complication! :evil: )

Sansui Turntable...yeah yeah, I'm an aging hipster who still likes vinyl so fuck off already....

I built a PC HTPC and have a hacked Apple TV for FLACS and ALACs that sound amazing if the they are produced properly. Can't listen to that fagballs songza or mp3s...

Audiophiles recognize talent in the recording studio just as much as the musician(s)

Sony Blu Ray for the films I watch but the HTPC is qiuckly replacing it with Blu Ray RW and softwarz (let me know if you are too old to understand this shit OK?! :lol: )

BenQ MS502 projector for 3D and 110" hockey games on da big screen :thumbs:

To top it all off I gots me some kick ass cans... Grado RS1e....Dang! War on Drugs sure sounds good on dat....