Muzac For Munsters

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Post by LotusBlossom »

RoyalDude wrote:Enjoying the new Damien Jurado album Maraqopa. This is a very nice tune from the album called Working Titles - http://harmondrive.com/2012/02/17/damie ... ng-titles/
Very nice. Thanks for sharing, RD
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Curious with J. Tillman's up coming album under the new handle Father John Misty which will be released May 1, 2012. For those who don't know J. Tillman, he is a Seattle folky with a few albums out who happens to also be the drummer for The Fleet Foxes but apparently has just recently quit the FF's to pursue his solo career. Father John Misty (J Tillman) has released to official videos of two songs from this new album in which I kinda dig. Check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtOToiIDNRA

and here is the other one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS84BMFszW0
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

LotusBlossom wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Enjoying the new Damien Jurado album Maraqopa. This is a very nice tune from the album called Working Titles - http://harmondrive.com/2012/02/17/damie ... ng-titles/
Very nice. Thanks for sharing, RD
No worries. I'm a big fan of Seattle's Damien Jurado. He's been around for a while, has quite a few albums out. The dude can pen some real good lyrics.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Favorite album of the year so far goes to Toronto's - The Wooden Sky and their album Every Child a Daugher and Every Sun a Moon. Two of my fave songs from the album - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK_NHkSR ... re=related and this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOb2pfj6 ... re=related

2nd Favorite album of the year so far for me is a surprise out of left field, coming from a couple young gals (sisters) from Sweden who go by the name First Aid Kit, the album is called The Lions Roar. It's quite a good album. The song Emmylou is a great track, here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC57z-oDPLs&ob=av2e Love the references in the Chorus to Gram Parsons/Emmylou Harris and June Carter/Johnny Cash. Cash and Parsons are two of my musical hero's. The gal has a killer voice. They are coming to Vancouver April 12, playing at the Venue.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A friend just hooked me on Alabama Shakes.

Think about what would have happened if Otis reading and the Allman Brothers had gang banged Janis Joplin out behind the woodshed.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:A friend just hooked me on Alabama Shakes.

Think about what would have happened if Otis reading and the Allman Brothers had gang banged Janis Joplin out behind the woodshed.
Yeah, they ain't bad, kind of taking the world by storm right now. Not sure what it is in the water but there are some decemt new rockin' chick singer fronted bands out there right now. You ever hear of the Heartless Bastards?
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

RoyalDude wrote: You ever hear of the Heartless Bastards?
I'm aware of one who posts on the Canucks quite often....

:roll:
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

donlever wrote:

That's not a nice thing to say someone who is valiantly beautifying your downtrodden neighborhood as we speak. BTW, you got an offer on the house beside the site? Mid 7's I believe, not the same view but still.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

RoyalDude wrote:
donlever wrote:

That's not a nice thing to say someone who is valiantly beautifying your downtrodden neighborhood as we speak. BTW, you got an offer on the house beside the site? Mid 7's I believe, not the same view but still.
Ha.

When are you moving on to your own project you were mentioning.

Mid 7's is cheap for the hood. Right by the Parkway tho so makes sense.

Guy down the road from me sold for 1.58 and the house is being ripped to shreds two weeks later.
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

donlever wrote: Ha.

When are you moving on to your own project you were mentioning.

Mid 7's is cheap for the hood. Right by the Parkway tho so makes sense.

Guy down the road from me sold for 1.58 and the house is being ripped to shreds two weeks later.
Actually at home today getting estimates for that job, or trying to. Some old school trades still haven't figured out PDF's just yet. They just want to tell you over the phone, "13 Grand give or take". No breakdown.

Curious as to how far ya live from there, that site. There is a fair bit of building going on around there right now. I turned down a reno job on Roslyn not too long ago. I see it's almost complete after a recent drive by to that lame Starbucks at the Dollarton Strip Mall. Can't beat the Cowboy Coffee beans at Bean Around the World in ParkGate there. Best coffee in Vancouver.

I bet you like the blonde chick that works at the Safeway Starbucks Booth??? :)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Which reno on Roslyn?

The house Babych built on the West side of the street?
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Where would rap music be today if "nigger" didn't rhyme with "nigger"?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:Where would rap music be today if "nigger" didn't rhyme with "nigger"?
or wigger :|
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

Arachnid wrote:
Topper wrote:Where would rap music be today if "nigger" didn't rhyme with "nigger"?
or wigger :|
boyz clearly ya'll neva lived in the hood...it's nigga
Namaste,pronunciationiseverythingWF
Namaste WF