TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I don't do tv, too committal. I just watch what's on when I tune in, I usually spend that time changing channels every 10 seconds. I'm not on a tv schedule like some of u folks
good to know :?:
you're privileged
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Mighty fine pedal stool you're on there RD.
So T.V. is where it's at?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote: Mighty fine pedal stool you're on there RD.
So T.V. is where it's at?
Not what I'm saying at all. I actually watch very little TV these days. I have a few shows that I follow but I either PVR them or stream them when I have the time.

Breaking Bad, Dexter, Game of Thrones are about the only ones I really follow closely.

A few other shows I'll watch if they are on at the time I happen to have a few minutes to myself.

Then it will be hockey soon enough.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:
rats19 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I don't do tv, too committal. I just watch what's on when I tune in, I usually spend that time changing channels every 10 seconds. I'm not on a tv schedule like some of u folks
good to know :?:
you're privileged
I luv good TV....like bobs burgers..bust a gut ..forget the world...I used to use drugs and alcohol.. :drink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I can't seem to dedicate myself to a show, I tried recently with the walking dead but gave up after 3 episodes, what a fucking soap opera it is, the dead ain't even a big part of the show, just once in while someone drives a sword through the head of a one for being a nuisance

Haven't gotten into anything since the sopranos, really. I hear good things about breaking bad, lol. Too late for that one.

I used to like Jew your Enthusiasm.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Aaronp18 wrote:Breaking Bad, Dexter, Game of Thrones are about the only ones I really follow closely.
Love all three of those.

I seriously recommend you add Shameless to that list. Just download the first episode and see if you're not hooked.

Make sure it's the American one though.
2011..... the one that got away.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote:I hear good things about breaking bad, lol. Too late for that one.
Why? Everything, except the current 8 final episodes, is now on Netflix making them easy to watch whenever. By the time you get caught up everything will be there.

There's only 5 seasons total.

Could be one of the greatest shows ever, the characters are fantastic, the writing is phenomenal and they haven't dragged out the story too long. I can't see this show ending with a "cut to black".
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hank and Marie getting smoked would be the tits. A good DEA agent is a fucking dead DEA agent. And Marie is Marie. Breaking Bad rules, Boardwalk is now a solid second place.

Dexter is just fucking terrible at this point, they can't end that nonsense fast enough.

Shameless is a show designed to make trailer trash feel better about themselves. Kinda entertaining at times, but a real sign of America's obsession with decadence.

SOA is popcorn, can't stand the blond faggot main character who's supposed to be such a tough guy but the show has its moments. Not sure why so many losers still think bikers are cool though.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Agree about Dexter, it's been about three seasons too long.

I have to see how it ends though.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Then it will be hockey soon enough.
Anytime now...
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Wow Walt's confession was fucking brilliant. Gilligan never ceases to amaze me with the twists and turns on this show. Five more episodes. :mad:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Gilligan never ceases to amaze me
Fuck do we need hockey back soon....you guys are starting to worry me
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Fuck do we need hockey back soon....you guys are starting to worry me
Why is this ? :?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The British make good shows. Broadchurch, Ice Cream Girls, Being Human... I'm even warming up to the BBC version of Wallander, even though at first I found it very confusing to have it set in Sweden, but every one speaking English.

Top of the Lake is supposed to be good too, although I guess that one was made by the Kiwis.

And the hockey season is slowly coming to a start. They've been playing the Europan Trophy roundrobin stage for a couple of weeks already. They do that in the preseason, then have the playoffs during the Xmas break. There's also the Czech Hockey Games going on right now; Russia beat Sweden 2-0 tonight, and the Finns beat the Czechs 4-2. The SHL season starts in two weeks.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm enjoying Season 2 of Wilfred on Netflix.

And Per, be careful about posting that damned Euro-hockey shit in the B&G! ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."