TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: I WILL! Only, they're all Sabres fans in Niagara and Red Wing fans in Stratford :eh:
Really?? :look:
Arachnid wrote: Hey Doc, have you seen a BBC sic-fi show called Life on Mars (there as an American version too). A Copper goes into a coma after being run over by a car :evil: ...and winds up in 1973. The British version is far better and I'm just getting into it until BB starts.
Nope, but I just read up on it and it kinda reminds me on Total Recall (I saw the trailer on the remake Saturday) :thumbs:

Hope they did a good job with Prometheus....
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...The NA version died a quick death.

Harvey Keitel and Michael Imperioli were in it if I recall correctly.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Arachnid wrote:The British version is far better ....
Isn't that always the case? Just imagine a US version of Doctor Who...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote:The British version is far better ....
Isn't that always the case? Just imagine a US version of Doctor Who...
Yikes :crazy:

The Office, in someways was better though...Girl With The Dragon Tattoo film was better as well (2 & 3 Swedish versions were not very good so we'll see with the NA adaption).
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

The Newsroom is pretty good.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Season 2 of Falling Skies hasn't disappointed so far. Was happy to see it got renewed for a 3rd season.

Giving Continuum a try. So far it's pretty good. Rachel Nicols is dead hot. Story has some good potential if they don't screw it up.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Season 2 of hell on Wheels tonight . :mex:

Season 5 of SOA in less than a month. Baseball playoffs in about 7-8 weeks . :)

NFL starting up...... life is good.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Wilfred is still going strong in it's 2nd season, is there anything funnier on this summer? Weeds is done. Even with the naked blonde rollerderby chick :eh: ...BB has been crackjack and is slowly building up to the finale where everyone dies...The Newsroom is too preachy liberal like The West Wing...nothing else on besides PBS docs...
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I watched the Comedy Roast for Roseanne last night, the last comic up was Gilbert Goddfried, not his whole set but great none the less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vb1Pnl3MwE
cheers
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Arachnid wrote:Wilfred is still going strong in it's 2nd season, is there anything funnier on this summer? Weeds is done. Even with the naked blonde rollerderby chick :eh: ...BB has been crackjack and is slowly building up to the finale where everyone dies...The Newsroom is too preachy liberal like The West Wing...nothing else on besides PBS docs...
Breaking Bad has been great thus far. The episode last night was vintage BB, where you can't wait to watch the next episode to see how they get themselves outta the whole they've just dug.

It's going to be interesting to see how they wrap things up, not sure why the split into two 8 episode stints for the final season.

Will it be guns ablazing in episode 8 or 16.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Wilfred is still going strong in it's 2nd season, is there anything funnier on this summer? Weeds is done. Even with the naked blonde rollerderby chick :eh: ...BB has been crackjack and is slowly building up to the finale where everyone dies...The Newsroom is too preachy liberal like The West Wing...nothing else on besides PBS docs...
Breaking Bad has been great thus far. The episode last night was vintage BB, where you can't wait to watch the next episode to see how they get themselves outta the whole they've just dug.

It's going to be interesting to see how they wrap things up, not sure why the split into two 8 episode stints for the final season.

BB is the best show on tv right now. Bryan Cranston is fucking amazing. The bro in law is a classic as well- fucking kills me.

Spidey i have tried to watch Wilfred but I can't do it man.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Looking forward to Revolution. JJ Abrams is producing it, he rarely disappoints. Although I'd be even more optimistic were he the director.

Last Resort looks like it could be really good. It could also really suck. Here's hoping they don't kill something with potential in ther first season.

As a comic geek I'm also looking forward to Arrow.

Was dismayed to see that Kristen Kreuk (Smallville) is starring in another show for the CW. She's a definite red flag to avoid a show.....she can't act worth shit, and she's not enough eye-candy to overlook the poor quality.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:

BB is the best show on tv right now. Bryan Cranston is fucking amazing. The bro in law is a classic as well- fucking kills me.

Spidey i have tried to watch Wilfred but I can't do it man.
don't talk to me, talk to doG

There isn't a funnier show on TV right now as far as I'm concerned. BBT is chick flic shit, haven't seen Louie but it supposed to be good. Just downloaded the original Wilfred from Australia so want to compare. The original Office from UK was not as funny as the US version. I actually like Gervais over Carell. Ricky's Extras is one of the funniest shows ever on the Tellie
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Boardwalk Empire, Season 3 starts Sunday... :drink:

HBO, what would we do without it?
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fark,..... didn't like seeing Opie get whacked on SOA. Did NOT see that coming. Someone will get that Damon Pope cocksocker . My money is on Clay.

Breaking Bad.... finally saw the last three episodes on pvr..... wtf ?? The train robbery, nine guys getting whacked in prison. Mike getting whacked. Loved Mike Ehrmentraut. Johnathan Banks is a stud from way back in the day filming Wiseguy in Vancouver with Ken Wahl. Think Vince Gilligan jumped the shark here. Little too much Heisenburg

Hell On Wheels is a bit disappointing after a strong first season.