TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Not sure if there are anyother SOA fans out there..... I think Coco likes it.

Last two episodes coming up. Clay cannot be killed off imho. Ron Perlman is far and away the best actor on the show, and unless he wants to leave he needs to stay. These next two shows should be fucking epic and yes even though it isn't believable for some the twists and turns keep a brother watching.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

SoA is slated for a 6th and 7th season. The writer has said the show has always loosely followed Hamlet so I really don't think they'll kill off Clay until the last season, something will save his ass just like last season. I'm curious who this new guy is that just tuned up Otto in prison, I'm not sure what his agenda is yet.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Benjo wrote:SoA is slated for a 6th and 7th season. The writer has said the show has always loosely followed Hamlet so I really don't think they'll kill off Clay until the last season, something will save his ass just like last season. I'm curious who this new guy is that just tuned up Otto in prison, I'm not sure what his agenda is yet.
Going out on a limb I will say he is brother or husband of the nurse Otto killed with that cross. Notice how he followed Tara to the hospital. Will Jax hand over Tig to Pope and is Tig hip to what's going on ? I could see Tig and Juice side with Clay and the club being split down the middle.

That dude..... Donal Logue looked a little freaky when he was feeding Otto haymakers. Wasn't he on Terriers ?? Can you hear me Mr Delaney ?? The nurse is Logue's real life twin sister.

As an asside Mr Carmen Electra makes his debut on Tuesday.

They do get good guest stars on this show..... Danny Trejo, Benito Martinez, Jimmy Smits, Tom Arnold, Walton Goggins. I wonder if Smits moves in full time next year. He is a good actor for sure. Michael Madsen would do well on this show.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Yeah I could definitely see Logue getting revenge for the nurse Otto killed.

The guest stars are great, Loved Tom Arnolds character and how he left the show, hope I'm not spoiling too much. I believe the hospital Admin is Katie Segal's sister. Katie Segal is married to the writer of the show (the writer plays Otto) and Lenny the Pimp is played by Sonny Barger who used to lead the Hells Angels.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Wow they fucking scraped Clay's ink ! Took his patch. I see Clay firing up his own outfit with Juice and Tig if he gets wind of what Jax is going to do to him.

I thought Jax was going to off Wendy , but instead he jams a spike in her arm......very cunning.

The season finale next week should be pretty solid. I hope Donal Logue's character is around for next season. That dude can act and if the sherrifs office ....ie Eli Roosevelt is thrown out I could see him being the top cop in Charming.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

There is usually 2-3 rivals/threats per season and it looks like next season is shaping up to be Clay as a rival, Logue as the law and possibly the Irish as the organized threat. I'd hate to see what Otto is capable of if he ever escapes prison :mrgreen: haha.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What did you think of that season finale Benjo ?

Wow Clay got screwed hard ! He does still have some leverage though. He knows Gemma was the one who gave tara the cross and he also helped Gemma and Nero dispose of a body. He also could implicate Gemma for her part in John Teller's death (maybe tell Jax Momma isn't such an angel) and so could Tara. Gemma could be taking a real fall here.

Tara will get off of this I think. She has no record and it's Gemma's word against hers. I could also see Clay hucking his ex under the bus if it means saving his own hide. Juice is a fucking pussy. Thought he grew a set of balls least season but alas they were implants.

I was glad Tig didn't get whacked. Another great twist by Kurt Sutter. Kim Coates is the best or 2nd best actor on the show .

Apparently Jimmy Smits is not signed beyond this season. Gotta bring him back if they can. Quality actor for sure.

All in all a pretty good season, but 13 episodes isn't enough.

I am hooped for what to watch now. Homeland is done in two weeks, Southland is done, SOA is done, BB is done.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I am hooped for what to watch now. Homeland is done in two weeks, Southland is done, SOA is done, BB is done.
You can always pvr General Hospital and The Young and the Restless.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Meeow..
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I am hooped for what to watch now. Homeland is done in two weeks, Southland is done, SOA is done, BB is done.
You can always pvr General Hospital and The Young and the Restless.
Ouch..... Topper must be pissed he can't get the Waltons and Barney Miller re-runs.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Finale was excellent, I was expecting Nero in that warehouse they took Tig into but Jax just Rambo'd it.I'm sure Gemma turned Tara in and she said she and Tara were on camera doing the cross hand off, so it all depends how far Gemma is willing to take it. It was an interesting shot to end the season, Gemma standing behind Jax like Tara had to end last season. Juice screwed Clay over pretty hard in that finale, gave Clays gun to Jax and helped set him up.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
I am hooped for what to watch now. Homeland is done in two weeks, Southland is done, SOA is done, BB is done.
I've been watching American horror story, wilfred and just getting into Homeland
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I spend most my time changing channels when watching the Tellie, so I really don't watch anything at all. As soon as a commercial hits, that's it, I'm outta there. NEXT CHANNEL!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

I'm mid way through the 4th season of breaking bad on Netflix. Great show (watching two or three episodes a day..) but now I find myself saying "yo" more than I should. Jesse Pinkman rules!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Breaking Bad is a phenomenal show. I've just got into Homeland... Awesome - Temple Grandin, ahem, I mean Claire Danes is very strong and the series is very well written. Would recommend it to everyone.