TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by LotusBlossom »

I miss Arrested Development and Sex and The City.

But these days I'm really into Entourage.

Fave Character: Ari Gold
Funniest One Liners: Johnny "Drama" Chase

For those of you that haven't seen it yet, watch some clips on Youtube. It's pretty funny and the actors play their characters so well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVRDMLPx ... re=related
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Cornuck »

Xavier - Renegade Angel is the only new show I like watching.

I'll usually have dinner with the crew from CSI. There really isn't much interesting me on TV these days.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Entourage is classic. I love the cameo's (Val Kilmer as the pot dealing Sherpa was fantabulous).

Pretty big fan of South Park.

I really miss the Soprano's. It was the best show on TV, IMO.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Entourage is classic. I love the cameo's (Val Kilmer as the pot dealing Sherpa was fantabulous).

Pretty big fan of South Park.

I really miss the Soprano's. It was the best show on TV, IMO.
I have to admit one of my fave ones was when Jamie Lynn who played Meadow Soprano and Turtle were hooking up and he kept it from everyone when they were back in Queens.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Little Britian. The real one, not the stupid U.S. version. But this is mainly an exercise in getting DVDs from Rogers (or buying them all). Was addicted to Da Ali G show, but that was hard to get a hold of too, and now it is kaput (lots of bits and pieces on Youtube).

Liked the Sopranos, still depressed about that.

Still watching 24, but not sure why.

I used to watch the Canucks, but they have been off the air for, what, 47 or 48 hours ?
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

IMO Entourage is by far the best show on TV.

An uber close second is Californication. It has all the laughs of Entourage and some story lines that would attract the ladies once they get passed all the tits and ass.

As for regular network TV shows, South Park, 24 and Lost are my shows.

Honestly, I think those are the only tv shows I watch regularly aside from sports.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Linden Is God wrote:IMO Entourage is by far the best show on TV.

An uber close second is Californication. It has all the laughs of Entourage and some story lines that would attract the ladies once they get passed all the tits and ass.

Honestly, I think those are the only tv shows I watch regularly aside from sports.
Yeah I watch sports, news and a couple of shows here and there.

I have to check out Californication, heard a lot of good things about it as well. I've always like Duchovny, even if he did diss Vancouver on TV years ago.
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

Nowadays I really only watch the Office and Lost. I loved Arrested Development, nothing will beat that. Other than that, I just watch hockey, which is easy right now, or watch shows about the wild sometimes - Jeff Corwin experience or Austin Stevens (that dude is crazy).
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

nucks_girl wrote:Nowadays I really only watch the Office and Lost. I loved Arrested Development, nothing will beat that. Other than that, I just watch hockey, which is easy right now, or watch shows about the wild sometimes - Jeff Corwin experience or Austin Stevens (that dude is crazy).

Local Vancouver Talent Kevin Durand was on Lost. I'm so glad this guy's career is taking off in LA.

He's a super nice guy who always had time to chit chat and just shoot the shit with us regular folk in the West End back in the day.

He's playing The Blob in XMen: Origins.

Although from Thunder Bay originally he does consider Vancouver his home away from LA.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I'm big into Lost as well, but AMC has started producing some quality shows and I'm hooked on Breaking Bad right now. It really deserves way more recognition than it gets.

And LB you're right, I miss Arrested Development like crazy. I can't wait for the movie to be made, it'll be fantastic. Hopefully Ricky Gervais will get around to making that second Extras Christmas special, but it's starting to sound less and less likely.

I might try and get into 24 (the earlier seasons) and Mad Men this summer if I have time, but I'll probably end up putting it off and never watch them. Nothing will ever compare to the Sopranos.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Linden Is God wrote:IMO Entourage is by far the best show on TV.

Yeah I watch sports, news and a couple of shows here and there.

I have to check out Californication, heard a lot of good things about it as well. I've always like Duchovny, even if he did diss Vancouver on TV years ago.
I hated Duchovny before the show. That's how good it is.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Linden Is God wrote:
I hated Duchovny before the show. That's how good it is.

Ok I have a friend that PVRs that show. I watched a couple of episodes. I'm hooked. :) Thanks for the recommendation. Still, I'll watch Vinnie, E, Drama and Turtle with Ari and Lloyd over most shows any day. I'm itching for season 6.

And, I have to say, one of the most creative beginnings to any show. Driving down in Hollywood and having the actors' names on back light above shops down the strip. BRILLIANT!
Dear Emmy Awards:

Kevin Dillon needs a statue.

Thanks,

Viking Quest Fan
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

On the recommendation of a good friend, I've got Big Love, Season 1 in my Netflix Queue; I would recommend Dexter to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

For the HBO shows that are being mentioned, I have to say that 'Carnivale' is possibly the best thing I've seen on TV. Only 2 seasons from a few years back, but just incredible stuff.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Cornuck wrote:For the HBO shows that are being mentioned, I have to say that 'Carnivale' is possibly the best thing I've seen on TV. Only 2 seasons from a few years back, but just incredible stuff.
Hmmm...never seen it, heard it was critically acclaimed.

American Idol needs OFF TV though. God it's annoying.