TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

So umm ... who else saw The Walking Dead last night?

No spoilers please but OH WOW!
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:So umm ... who else saw The Walking Dead last night?

No spoilers please but OH WOW!
I agree with you. Oh wow says it all. Walking Dead are breaking all the rules. The scene where the guy named Otis got done by Shane was one of the most upsetting things I have seen on the tube. The way he pulled a hank of hair out of Shane and then Shane shaves his head. Shit is brilliant.

It is also extremely upsetting. When I was a kid I went and saw the Seven Voyages Of Sinbad the Sailor. Great movie but I was young and woke up freaked over the Cyclops scene where the big one eye snacks down on a sailor. I had the same feeling after watching The Walking Dead.

The description of the world left behind is perfect. Talk about the end of everything and brutal beyond belief. How many shows will take a chance on a lost young girl turning out the way this one did? Was anyone ready for that? To top it off it is the best acting I have seen since Breaking Bad and The Sopranos. The dude who plays Shane is unreal.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Fucking incredible episode.

Shane looked absolutely INFUCKINGSANE. And is in par with Bardem in No Country and Ledger in Batman.

I think this episode is one of my favorite TV episodes of all time. Walking in the dark forest, with no lights, in a land of zombies? Sheeeeeeeet. That's scary man.

Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are the platinum standard for TV drama's these days.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:Fucking incredible episode.

Shane looked absolutely INFUCKINGSANE. And is in par with Bardem in No Country and Ledger in Batman.

I think this episode is one of my favorite TV episodes of all time. Walking in the dark forest, with no lights, in a land of zombies? Sheeeeeeeet. That's scary man.

Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are the platinum standard for TV drama's these days.
Those two and Breaking Bad...GoT...can't wait...playoff hockey and Adult LOTR drama... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Arachnid wrote: Those two and Breaking Bad...GoT...can't wait...playoff hockey and Adult LOTR drama... 8-)
YES. BB is also at the top of the list.

Platinum level - Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones

Gold Level - Dexter (only because last season sucked balls), Boardwalk Empire, Spartacus

Silver Level - Californication, Entourage, True Blood, Glee, South Park

Sports - NHL and UFC

Lol.. I watch too much TV.

I tried watching a couple episodes of Alcatraz and was completely turned off.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

:look:

...one of these things is not like the other.

Glee?

For the old lady right?
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Those two and Breaking Bad...GoT...can't wait...playoff hockey and Adult LOTR drama... 8-)
YES. BB is also at the top of the list.

Platinum level - Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones

Gold Level - Dexter (only because last season sucked balls), Boardwalk Empire, Spartacus

Silver Level - Californication, Entourage, True Blood, Glee, South Park

Sports - NHL and UFC

Lol.. I watch too much TV.

I tried watching a couple episodes of Alcatraz and was completely turned off.
I only have time for Platinum...SoA is not in that category, sorry, the writing has to be top notch...Boardwalk is well written and Madmen...

:lol: Glee, dude, if you are forced to watch ChickFlick crap at least make it primo shyte...Downton Abbey 8-)

If you want some newer good stuff, try Awake, very interesting so far...
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Finally caught right up to date on Breaking Bad.

Great show, the season finale of season 4 was fantastic.

One more season of 16 episodes (split into 2) should be a must watch.

As BizNasty tweeted "Bryan Cranston is the only person on the planet to ever make a Pontiac Aztec look cool."

:mrgreen:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Bobs burgers
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

donlever wrote::look:

...one of these things is not like the other.

Glee?

For the old lady right?
Michele Lea

Naya Rivera

Dianna Agron

Yup, for the old lady...
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

lol

I can see good looking girls everywhere without being put through the pains of watching Matthew Morrison and Cory Monteith gyrating and lip synching.

:P

Anyways, no harm, watch what you like, I'm just saying of the group of shows you have on your list only one is gash oriented.

And it ain't Game of Thrones.

(but yeah Lea Micheles Maxim layout was pleasant for sure)

She is a darling young thing...

DeLevering since 1999.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

donlever wrote:lol

I can see good looking girls everywhere without being put through the pains of watching Matthew Morrison and Cory Monteith gyrating and lip synching.

:P

Anyways, no harm, watch what you like, I'm just saying of the group of shows you have on your list only one is gash oriented.

And it ain't Game of Thrones.
I'm a big music fan too. :)

I like the tributes they do for Michael, Madonna, Whitney, etc.

True Blood is also a seriously gash oriented TV show to the extent that it turns me off. I DL all my shows and believe it or not, when the True Blood gratuitous scenes come on, I fast forward. Just not my thing. I'd rather watch perky cheerleaders bouncing around then vampires nailing each other. :mrgreen:
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

mathonwy wrote: I'm a big music fan too. :)
I dig me some music too mathonwy.

As a matter of fact this makes me pretty Glee-ful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_PrT25o8Vs&ob=av2e
DeLevering since 1999.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Arachnid wrote: I only have time for Platinum...SoA is not in that category, sorry, the writing has to be top notch...Boardwalk is well written and Madmen...

:lol: Glee, dude, if you are forced to watch ChickFlick crap at least make it primo shyte...Downton Abbey 8-)

What!?!?

SOA is a brilliant drama with the most recent season the best yet. All that drama between Clay, Gemma, Jax, etc was fantastic. Plus, they really up'ed the production value of the show when they started creating those music interludes of individual characters doing their thing.

Great story, likable characters, plenty of blood, great insight into the motorcycle gang drug culture and lots of political maneuvering.

Maybe somewhere between Platinum and Gold then.

Mad Men, I've tried hard to like it but I just found it incredibly boring and just couldn't get into it.

Boardwalk is interesting and Steve Buscemi is one of my favourite actors but I also found it a bit boring (but I'll still watch it).
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:
Arachnid wrote: I only have time for Platinum...SoA is not in that category, sorry, the writing has to be top notch...Boardwalk is well written and Madmen...

What!?!?

SOA is a brilliant drama with the most recent season the best yet. All that drama between Clay, Gemma, Jax, etc was fantastic. Plus, they really up'ed the production value of the show when they started creating those music interludes of individual characters doing their thing.

Great story, likable characters, plenty of blood, great insight into the motorcycle gang drug culture and lots of political maneuvering.

Maybe somewhere between Platinum and Gold then.

Mad Men, I've tried hard to like it but I just found it incredibly boring and just couldn't get into it.

Boardwalk is interesting and Steve Buscemi is one of my favourite actors but I also found it a bit boring (but I'll still watch it).
Well I admit I only watched the 1st season....so maybe I will peak at the 2nd but it seemed...I don't know...kinda soap operay...unlike Breaking Bad which just seems that much anarchy :mrgreen:

I watch a lot of BBC stuff so American stuff/fluff has to be pretty compelling to grab my attention...

High bench marks The Wire, Sopranos, West Wing