TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Holy hell, David lynch has lost the plot. I've been watching the new Twin Peaks. Completely lost.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I'm back on the Game of Thrones train!

Finally caved and picked up HBO and have been binge watching the early seasons to get back up to speed. Right at where I left off 4 years ago at the end of season 3, the Red Wedding.

On to season 4 tonight, should be caught up to watch the season premiere mid July!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No love for Animal Kingdom on Netflix ? Almost through season 1. Good show ,hoping they don't stop at two seasons.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

"The Night Manager" is a good show if you like the spy genre.

In general, I'm enjoying finding series that are movie-quality in acting, filming, directing, etc - and having to actively pick a show to watch, versus which show is less shitty.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Arachnid wrote:A few new programs I checked out this summer...Orange is the New Black. Weeds drama-comedy except with lotsa lesbian action (kinda the opposite of here :eh: ). Netflix.
Finally started watching Orange is the new Black after all these years, I'm addicted ha, currently in middle of season 3, Piper going gangsta.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Is there decent lezzie action at least?
If you need air...call it in
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Meh. Chick show.

Aside from GoT, there really isn't much on those days.

Summer time. Go play outside
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Just recently got Netflix. Have watched a lot of docs and comedy no series on account of having kids ... hard to binge watch when you only have an hour a day. Just started watching Orange is the New Black. A bit slow to start ... hope it gets better. Would like to find something equal to The Wire or Breaking Bad.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Here in the desert it's way too hot to go play outside nearly 50 degrees in the shade as I type...

So binge TV time

G of T rewatch from season 1 to season 6

Second season of true detective not as good as season one but still worth the couch time.

Handmaids tale, a little predictable but kinda cool that it's an Margaret Atwood story and the visual effects are really good.

Fear the walking dead, it's getting better and starting to rival walking dead

Westworld...it kind of reminded me of "Lost" in that the plot just seemed be made as they went a long. Felt kind of empty watching the last episode in the series

Thinking about a breaking bad re-marathon next
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

5thhorseman wrote:Just recently got Netflix. Have watched a lot of docs and comedy no series on account of having kids ... hard to binge watch when you only have an hour a day. Just started watching Orange is the New Black. A bit slow to start ... hope it gets better. Would like to find something equal to The Wire or Breaking Bad.
Try Ozark it's similar to breaking bad, but instead of drugs it's money laundering for drug lords.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Thanks for the tip SKYO! Have started watching the 'merican version of Shameless, but getting bored of it. Nothing compelling.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Smoke a big fattie and watch Unacknowledged on netflix...that shit just tripped me right out.

Aliens and shit man.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Watched the first season of Ozark. Might watch more when it comes available but although the characters are good and it starts with a decent premise, the plot is at times is not very believable. They could extract more menace and drama by lingering on some of the scenarios but the story just moves on quickly.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Anyone watching The Mist on Netflix ?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Started but its more high school soap opera than monsters eating people like i had hoped...got to about the 5th ep then shut er down