TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Arachnid »

First episode of Fargo' second season was brilliant (following an excellent 1st).
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Fargo

Yep, pretty much the best show on the Telerveesion* this year. Black comedy in the Cohen Bros. & Tarantino vein.

*spoken in Minesotian
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Have not seen Fargo yet. Must do. Loved the movie.

Anyone seen The Bridge? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/
If you liked The Killing, you'll love this as well.

Or perhaps the American ripoff, The Bridge? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2406376/
Haven't seen this myself, but it's imdb rating is lower than the original.
Still it's based on the Swedish/Danish show, so it shouldn't be all bad.

(The Killing was also based on a Danish TV series)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:Have not seen Fargo yet. Must do. Loved the movie.

Anyone seen The Bridge? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/
If you liked The Killing, you'll love this as well.

Or perhaps the American ripoff, The Bridge? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2406376/
Haven't seen this myself, but it's imdb rating is lower than the original.
Still it's based on the Swedish/Danish show, so it shouldn't be all bad.

(The Killing was also based on a Danish TV series)
Saw The Tunnel (French-British version) which wasn't bad.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Anybody been watching "making a murderer"? I will fuck your face. Good show
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rumsfeld wrote:Anybody been watching "making a murderer"? I will fuck your face. Good show
haha I downloaded the entire season, just waiting for a good time to watch it all at once. 8-)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Rumsfeld wrote:Anybody been watching "making a murderer"? I will fuck your face. Good show
I watched it all. I'll pass on the face fucking.

Gotta wonder if the Wisconsin judicial system acts as a feeder for the NHL refs.

I'm still shaking my head.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Rayxor wrote:
I watched it all. I'll pass on the face fucking.

Gotta wonder if the Wisconsin judicial system acts as a feeder for the NHL refs.

I'm still shaking my head.
Yeah. It's unbelievable.

The new X-files premiere was fucking garbage. Checked it out for nostalgia's sake.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Brilliant season 6 finale to the Walking Dead.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:Brilliant season 6 finale to the Walking Dead.
I hope they finally whacked Glenn. Never liked him, and certainly never bought him as a hard-ass. He's the tech-kid in an unconnected world.

Hope they don't take the easy way out by offing useless Eugene.

Good finale, but the show's been kind of listing for a couple seasons.

Zombie miscarriage?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It's not Glenn. Everyone thinks it's Glenn because he is the one who gets it in the comic book, this one is going to be a shocker cause thats what they like to do. My money is on Daryl, if not Abrahm, but it's all pointing to Daryl. Why because they were being to obvious about hinting it would be Glenn or Abraham. It's going to be the least expected of the 3 - Daryl. Plus this new Jesus character is going to be replacing Daryl. Plus Daryl is not an original character form the comic book. Jesus is. They are too similar in character. Jesus becomes Ricks new right hand man as he does in the comic book. A good chance it's could be Abraham. It's not Glenn, too obvious. 60 is Daryl, 40 it's Abraham.

Season 6!has been real good.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Yeah I really don't care. That bat could mash half the characters on that show and it really wouldn't bother me. What's with Rick's 1000 yard stare that comes back every 6-7 episodes? The guy is such a badass until shit goes south, then he's a dejected muppet. Abraham is a tit.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Yeah I really don't care. That bat could mash half the characters on that show and it really wouldn't bother me. What's with Rick's 1000 yard stare that comes back every 6-7 episodes? The guy is such a badass until shit goes south, then he's a dejected muppet. Abraham is a tit.
Then why do yo waste your time, fuck face? I can't understand blokes who put themselves through shit they don't like? A gluton for punishment?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

lol, how many of you actually read the comics? Pretenders... *WHACK!*
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Yeah I really don't care. That bat could mash half the characters on that show and it really wouldn't bother me. What's with Rick's 1000 yard stare that comes back every 6-7 episodes? The guy is such a badass until shit goes south, then he's a dejected muppet. Abraham is a tit.
Then why do yo waste your time, fuck face? I can't understand blokes who put themselves through shit they don't like? A gluton for punishment?
... We are all Canucks. :drink:

The first couple seasons were great, and it's been downhill since then. It's set up on the VCR and I watch it when I get around to it. Definitely not must-see TV anymore.