TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby BladesofSteel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:13 am

House of Lies is some funny shit, with some witty writing decent cameos.
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:53 am

Halt & Catch Fire is off to a pretty good start...AMC's new Breaking Bad. Like a Bill Gates meets Mad Men 80's criminal drama :thumbs:
Last edited by Arachnid on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Rumsfeld » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:38 am

I'n enjoying this season of Louis.

Nothing like relaxing on the cot with a Hell's Gate after three gruelling reps of pullups, turning on the ole telly and there's Louis.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2633
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 am

Fargo! 8-)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:43 pm

I can't believe I didn't watch The Shield before now on Netflix. Halfway through season 3 and the show is outstanding. It has been off the air for 6 years. :wow:
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby dbr » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:22 pm

I've been rewatching The Thick of It lately, great show. Anyone watch the US version, Veep? On HBO I think. Is it worth the time?
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2569
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby donlever » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:36 pm

dbr wrote:I've been rewatching The Thick of It lately, great show. Anyone watch the US version, Veep? On HBO I think. Is it worth the time?


I like Veep a lot.

But I'm a huge Louis-Dreyfuss fan.

Real solid comedic actress.

Then there's the billions she has coming to her when Daddy kicks it.

Thats when lever makes his move.

Look out Brad Hall.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1850
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Strangelove » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:52 pm

donlever wrote:I like Veep a lot.

But I'm a huge Louis-Dreyfuss fan.

Real solid comedic actress.

Then there's the billions she has coming to her when Daddy kicks it.

Thats when lever makes his move.

Look out Brad Hall.


Be careful not to scream out.. ANGIE!!!... in the throes of passion bro. :wink:

Wish I had time to watch TV or chase babes. :(

A moderator's work is never done...
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7575
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Cornuck » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:57 pm

Just finished the first 2 season of "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" - one of the better comedies I've watched in a while. (Netflix streaming)
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4891
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby BurningBeard » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:59 pm

donlever wrote:
dbr wrote:I've been rewatching The Thick of It lately, great show. Anyone watch the US version, Veep? On HBO I think. Is it worth the time?

I like Veep a lot.

Image
My sides...

I also love the episode they did with "Clovis" in California.

Personally my favorite new comedy is Silicon Valley (from Mike Judge). That's a must watch for anyone in software development. It's no surprise that it came from the same guy responsible for "Office Space".

It's a little old, and relatively unheard of, but I recently started watching "Whites" which was a 6 episode series put out in 2010 on the BBC.

Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Topper » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:48 pm

White may be the closest I've seen to a real kitchen. too bad it never lasted.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:40 am

BurningBeard wrote:
donlever wrote:
dbr wrote:I've been rewatching The Thick of It lately, great show. Anyone watch the US version, Veep? On HBO I think. Is it worth the time?

I like Veep a lot.

Image
My sides...

I also love the episode they did with "Clovis" in California.

Personally my favorite new comedy is Silicon Valley (from Mike Judge). That's a must watch for anyone in software development. It's no surprise that it came from the same guy responsible for "Office Space".

It's a little old, and relatively unheard of, but I recently started watching "Whites" which was a 6 episode series put out in 2010 on the BBC.



Silicon Valley is truly a blast. Best thing since The IT Crowd.
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Topper » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:50 am

Arachnid wrote:Silicon Valley is truly a blast. Best thing since The IT Crowd.


too bad the actor playing the best character died after the 5th episode

and Portlandia (personal favourite)
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Per » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:34 pm

I quite like Orphan Black. Only seen the first season though.
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1841
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Topper wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Silicon Valley is truly a blast. Best thing since The IT Crowd.

too bad the actor playing the best character died after the 5th episode

I felt the same way.

I found it hard to believe that Christopher Evan Welch didn't actually have a spectrum disorder of some sort, he played it so well.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest