RIDERS LOSE - THEY ARE DONE

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

RIDERS LOSE - THEY ARE DONE

Post by mattola » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:11 am

well probably not but HAH

Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:19 am

lol ... was a close one though ... came back and gave Calgary a scare !!

Hopefully BC can start kicking it into gear ...

Grizz

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:23 am

I'm not a huge CFL fan but I've got to say it bugs me that the BC Lions have been the class of the league for the last 5 years and only have 1 Grey Cup to show for it. Yes it's great they won but with a team that dominant, it's disappointing they didn't win it 3 times. Amazing to see the roughriders so good these days. I grew up feeling sorry for them. They're definitely deserving of a Grey Cup. Those fans stick by their team.

Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:07 pm

You grew up feeling sorry for Saskatchewan! Man you must be too young to remember the little general Ronnie Lancaster as he led the Roughriders year after year to wins. I don't feel sorry for them. Everything swings on a pendulum and Saskabush will be at the top again.

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:37 pm

Ya.... They were a total joke when I grew up. I watched from the early '90s onward. I didn't realize they had such a storied history.

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:42 pm

In all reality, I figured we would lose the first game against Calgary, and when we eked out a win i was amazed... when we lost Dominguez (probably forever) I knew we would lose last night..... ahh well, at least the 'perfect season' crap is over.

I have to admit, I would never have thought that the riders would be 6-1, losing Flick, Fantuz, Domiguez and having all three QB's busted at some point and time.. 17 starters on the DL... YOUCH!

In all reality, I wouldn'e be surprized to see them lose 3 of the next 4 with all the inuuries..
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:42 pm

yeah, it is amazing the Roughies have done as well as they have with injuries. Kudos to them for that.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.

dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dangler » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:27 am

Go RIDERS. If a team can have the kind of support the Riders do in sparsley populated Sask., why can;t a team work in the maritimes? It would give the East another team to even it out,and the CFL needs to look ahead to the day TO does go NFL and establish a franchise or two sooner rather than later.
Retool Rebuild

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:32 am

That Lions team of 06' was unfreakinbelievable.

I was there when they played the Riders in the Western Conference final. The fans were extremely loud and Sasketchewan didn't know what hit em' (I think it's actually amazing that they beat us in the exact same setting a year later).

Anyway - In my biased opinion, the 06' version of the Lions may have been the greatest CFL team ever assembled. I honestly believe that the 06' version of the Lions would have beaten (in convincing fashion) any other great CFL team from yesteryear.

What can I say - I've got my rose colored glasses on. 8-)

LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: RIDERS LOSE - THEY ARE DONE

Post by LotusBlossom » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:20 pm

27-21 GEROY SIMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm biased I am a Lions' fan through and through. SCREW the Green Riders of the Flat lands! :mrgreen:

:mex: Next up...TICATS!

I
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde

the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: RIDERS LOSE - THEY ARE DONE

Post by the Cunning Linguist » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:53 am

WTF?