Brett Favre retires

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Brett Favre retires

Post by mattola »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034

great career. thanks for the memories.
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

surprising. I figured he'd come back, thinking he might be able to make one more shot at it. Not that the Pats losing, er, choking, when it mattered most wasn't fun enough to watch, it would of been just a teeny bit better had it been 'ol Favre doin' the whoopin' instead of Eli. Ah well. Can't be choosy. At least he didn't pull an LT and sulk on the bench all game. Sometimes I wonder why I'm a Chargers fan...

I remember the Favre super bowl over Elway and the Broncos as being the first NFL moment I can vividly remember caring about. Always fun to watch regardless of what happens.
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

I'll remember him most for his role in There's something about Mary (you can tell I'm not a real football fan ehh?). Great movie. Best comedy ever imho.

But I've always cheered for the Packers. I really like the fact that the town sort of owns the team (as I've understood it) and that such a small town can have such a succesful team. Too bad the Packers was already a great team when I started to follow the NFL around 96. I felt I had to cheer for a team that was quite bad (start from the bottom and work my way up...) so the Packers was not an option, and when I saw the Cardinals logo I just had a feeling that must be a pretty bad team. Sure it was! And they have become even worse since. I've never given up on them though. Watched one game live in Phoenix, an embarrasing 3-27 loss to the Patriots. For those of you that feel a bit sorry for being Canucks fans and still no cup... be glad you're not born in Phoenix and have to cheer for the Cardinals... :D
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

if we're judging athletes by the acting performances then the hall of fame will be the Cam Neely Hall of Fame for Athletic Achievement in Acting. He can be the commish, the chairman, and whatever else role he wants. Sea Bass in Dumb And Dumber was phenomenal...
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

"Kick his ass Sea Bass!" hahha classic.

Kudos to Favre and Neely for their cameos in some of the greatest comedies ever. Great career by Favre too. He was sensational this year and I was surprised to see the Packers lose to the Giants, then again it wasn't as quite as big of a shock to hear about the Patriots losing in the finals. Brutal. Could have witnessed something magical and they went out and blew it! Well I guess for some, "the choke" is something of a legend in itself.
ontommuthPern

Favre

Post by ontommuthPern »