Jeff Healey dies of cancer

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Jeff Healey dies of cancer

Post by mattola »

http://canada.com.dose.ca/topics/entert ... 2c&k=57139

This is a sad day. All the best to his family and friends and all his fans.

:cry:
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Sad indeed. I saw him here in Victoria around 1990. He put on a fantastic show. I was right down in front... at one point he took the guitar off his lap (where he played it in his pedal-steel type orientation) stood up, and stepped off the stage out into the dance floor! You don't really expect that of a blind guy. So, I veer out of the way so that he doesn't land right on me and then start feeding out guitar cable while he wandered around the place soloing... Good times. He was an excellent blues guitar player.

Interestingly enough, his passion for 20-30s blues/jazz led him into that genre over the last decade in which he put out more very cool stuff. I had intended to catch one of those, but never did.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

I like him in Roadhouse, very talented guy and guitarist, sad day for Canadian music.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!