PS3

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Thor1379
AHL Prospect

PS3

Post by Thor1379 »

Anybody out there own a PS3 and can reccomend some good games? I've already played NHL 08 and the graphics are awesome on an HDTV. I'd like to get Heavenly Sword and probably Need for Speed. Any other suggestions besides Assasins Creed and Call of Duty 4?
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

PS3 doesn't have much these days, 360 is where it's at.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

I don't get this "PS3 sucks, Xbox is the shit" talk. Are you kidding? I heard a guy at work say that, then asked him if he'd ever played a PS3. "Well no, but 360 just has way better games".

I don't know, I've played both, and on a 1080 HDTV ps3 blows 360 out of the water. Heavenly sword has some absolutely stunning battle scenes. I can see the 'more games' argument, but 360 has also been out quite a bit longer. It's true games that are on both 360 AND ps3 are often not much different, as game companies aren't going to spend the money to make two different versions, they'll make one that's playable on the lowest common denominator. The 360 just doesn't have the same power the PS3 does. Games that are designed for PS3 only can showcase what the PS3 is really capable of and it's early, I'm sure games are just going to get even crazier when they start to utilize it's potential!

360 is a great system, but to me the PS3 is way more impressive. :mrgreen:
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Wait for a while longer more PS3 games will come out.