Cloutier

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

It's all relative. Can I feel compassion for a man who has earned millions of dollars but his career and way of life have been changed due to a series of injuries? Sure I can and do.

Do I feel MORE for a family getting by week to week who lose their house in a fire. Damn straight. But that doesn't mean I have to NOT feel for Cloutier.
R.I.P. Luc.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

this has nothing to do with the money. this has everything to do with a chance at redemption in his career and succeed. success is not money.

with the fans in this city. they burn him, crucify him and hang him in effigy any chance they can because he couldn't take us to the next level. now his career is probably close to ending and most will just take jabs at how much he sucked and not care that a good guy in hockey may not get a chance at the NHL again. I don't care that hes still young rich and a celebrity. in this city you would think he was the Antichrist
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

mattola wrote:

with the fans in this city. they burn him, crucify him and hang him in effigy
My memory isn't quite as sharp as it once was but for the life of me I can't recall any of these things happening :roll:

Hold the Dramal
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

To be honest, i liked Cloutch when he was our man in goal. I wish him the best for the rest.... don't count out your goalie, it'll be better for the stats. :mrgreen:

Sorry this is in german but funny like hell.
Bruce Lee - BAM
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

For the record, as he was a Canuck, (and not a former Oiler), I wish him well. Although I wasn't a fan of Crawford's coaching style that put Cloutier in the position of always being the guy, I always hoped he would turn it around for us.

I feel bad for him in terms of never reaching his potential and having to live with the 'what could have been' syndrome, but I don't worry about him and his family not being able to cope with 'life after hockey'.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

I also liked having a player with Cloutiers personalty and fire as the Canucks #1 goalie. When he was at his best he was one of the best in the league.

I'd have to agree that the Crow did him no favors by having him play way too much down the stretch. I remember being at a Canuck - Thrashers game when the score was 8-0 Van and things started getting out of controll. I mentioned to my wife that they should pull Cloutier and rest the stars ( it was late in the season). Sure enough Dan was hurt. Sometimes I don't think the coaches think too much.
Don Cherry for P.M.
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

I hated the way Crow played Cloutier. It was often to the detriment of the back up guy. Even though the back up guy is hot as a pistol for two or three games when Dan was out, the monent Dan was declared fit, he was in, and the back up was riding the pine. I gave up on Dan when Lidstrom(?) scored from centre ice on him. the rest of the team folded the tent and when home when that happened. you need your goalie to provide clutch goal tending.
I know.....Lou let in a softie that ended our season, but for 5 games he had been playing his ass off, more so than the rest of the team.
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

You could see it when he let that Lidstrom shot in. The same way you could see it in the second half of Aulds last season here. The team just seen him blow too many leads.

With the Luongo softie against Anahiem the team knew that was the exception and not the rule.
Don Cherry for P.M.