Shaw or Starchoice for HD?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Shaw or Starchoice for HD?

Postby DonCherry4PM » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:56 pm

Being over in Edmonton I am getting sick of not being able to see very many Canucks games and am looking into getting cable/sat. I figure that I may as well get HD as I have an HD TV (athough I know not very many games are going to be in HD) and after some initial research see that the HD receiver cost with Starchoice is quite a bit less. Was wonderring if anybody on the boards has experience with HD and could possibly let me know if one provider (or the receivers they offer) is considerably better than the other.

Thanks in advance.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Postby JCardinal » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:05 pm

Well, you would have to have had both really. I've never had any HD but StarChoice and I have no complaints. Other than their PPV setup is screwy, we used to have it on Expressvu and canucks ppv was easy as there was a dedicated chanell to it, now with StarChoice it's a shared channel and you have to go though the motions of buying it for every game even if you have a subscription for all the ppv in advance.
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Broda » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:05 pm

go with express veiw.. last year in calgary was the best year of my life.. so much hockey ... center ice is the best thing ever.. Go with bell.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill