THIS or THAT? (new thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

levelheaded wrote:History major actually, but I'll take it as a compliment I guess...
Just so there is no confusion concerning my previous statement regarding "diplomacy", as SRsez seems to view it as an insult or as he so eloquently put it "bullshit," here is the definition "skill in managing negotiations, handling people, etc., so that there is little or no ill will; tact." Given the racial epithets I can see why SRsez would not ascribe to the view that "diplomacy" is a good thing, but be assured I fully intended it to be a compliment.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Scotch. Joe Montana or John Elway?
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

DonCherry4PM wrote:
levelheaded wrote:History major actually, but I'll take it as a compliment I guess...
Just so there is no confusion concerning my previous statement regarding "diplomacy", as SRsez seems to view it as an insult or as he so eloquently put it "bullshit," here is the definition "skill in managing negotiations, handling people, etc., so that there is little or no ill will; tact." Given the racial epithets I can see why SRsez would not ascribe to the view that "diplomacy" is a good thing, but be assured I fully intended it to be a compliment.
Diplomacy is for PC losers that go to school for at least 1/2 their lives before getting government jobs. In other words, people that do nothing, create nothing, add nothing of value.

Real businessmen don't have the time to put up with it. You can't handle the truth? Not my problem. On to the next guy that doesn't give a shit about social niceties, he only wants the job complete, & he's willing to pay for it. Way more of them anyways.

Montana, even though I hate the 49'ers & my team is the Broncos.

Blake Price or Squire Barnes?
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

Price I guess... though he's a jerk who deserved to have the Sopranos ruined for him.

Squire lives with his parents.
Farhan Lalji

Re: THIS or THAT? (new thread)

Post by Farhan Lalji »

DavidPratt_ wrote:Alex Edler or Luc Bourdon?
Interesting. At this point however, perhaps I'd consider taking Luc Bourdon?

Edler might have higher trade value right now, while Bourdon has higher potential upside.

If you package Edler, etc., you might be able to land a decent young forward in return. Bourdon then develops into the next Dion Phaneuf. :P (I kid, I kid).
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

SRsez wrote: Diplomacy is for PC losers that go to school for at least 1/2 their lives before getting government jobs. In other words, people that do nothing, create nothing, add nothing of value.
Fuckin word man. 8-)

I have nothing against government jobs or people going to university, but I'll take street smarts over book smarts any day. Not saying that books smarts aren't important, but I say street smarts supercedes it.

I personally would much rather work on commissions/residuals rather than salary any day. 8-)

The funny thing. is that most people that work on commission, etc, actually get MORE time flexibility, benefits, PAY, tax advantages, etc. than those under a salary.

Just my opinion.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Farhan Lalji wrote:Just my opinion.
Well, thanks for your opinion. But the topic is this or that, so you'd better come up with one next time you post.

Steve Martin or Eddie Murphy? (side note, one of my younger (aged 26) employees had never even heard of "The Jerk". :shock:
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Dany Heatley or Ryan Getzlaf?
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

SRsez wrote:Dany Heatley or Ryan Getzlaf?
Heatley 120% of the time. Noone since Bure had had back to back 50 goal seasons until Heatley post-lockout. He is a pure finisher, I would sell the farm to get him.

Pronger or Lidstrom?
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

As much as I hate him, Pronger.

Chris Simon or Donald Brashear?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Simon. Brashear had decent skills in his day but the guy was a head case. From what I've heard Simon is liked by his teammates.

Alex the Gr8 or Malkin
R.I.P. Luc.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Ovechkin, shows more passion so far.

Canadian or Blue (both are awful, but if you were forced to)?
Last edited by Linden Is God on Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

When faced with 'choices' like Canadian or Blue, I go with a martini. Which leads naturally into:

Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray?... or Hendricks (I suppose that's this, that or, the other)
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Puck wrote:When faced with 'choices' like Canadian or Blue, I go with a martini. Which leads naturally into:

Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray?... or Hendricks (I suppose that's this, that or, the other)
Gin is for panty removal. Go with the Vodka.

Crown or Gibsons?
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

I don't drink.

Blackjack or Poker.